Bellator PPV seems to be a big business mistake.

FistofIce**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Apart from the news about slow sales of tickets for the seats to their pay-per-view event, considering the past history of long-gone organizations, it doesn't seem like it' such an excellent idea business-wise to put up together a string of fights with a lot of probably highly-paid fighters, that would drive up the way up the expense of putting the show on

Even though Eddie vs Chandler 2 is the real deal, I don't see any other fights that really tempts me to tune in, or any other factor in play that would make me want to shell out some hard-earned cash in a pure and sober mind.

I feel like Affliction put up a better pay-per-view event in the past, and PRIDE and Strikeforce were capable of putting up a better more attractive pay-per-view event if they chose to.

And they bit the dust.

Rampage vs tito as the main is the problem.... Basically tito

King mo is legit and will murder Emanuel

You realize that Bellator fighters get paid the same whether they're fighting on PPV or on TV, right? The only one who gets paid more is Alvarez, because they had to give PPV points to keep him. The whole point of this PPV is to keep Alvarez.

It would be one thing if they were just throwing a ppv together with t tell and rampage headining and a bunch no names to fill it. But they're going to be sidelining a lot of their biggest names for this card. If it tanks, this combined with Fightmaster still not having been renewed, could cause Viacom to lose interest in keeping Bellator around.

Tito/Rampage headline simply has fail written all over it

This PPV is going to hurt them very badly. It will also be Titos' last hurrah. He is rushing his recovery from knee surgery.

Apart from the news about slow sales of tickets for the seats to their pay-per-view event, considering the past history of long-gone organizations, it doesn't seem like it' such an excellent idea business-wise to put up together a string of fights with a lot of probably highly-paid fighters, that would drive up the way up the expense of putting the show on

Even though Eddie vs Chandler 2 is the real deal, I don't see any other fights that really tempts me to tune in, or any other factor in play that would make me want to shell out some hard-earned cash in a pure and sober mind.

I feel like Affliction put up a better pay-per-view event in the past, and PRIDE and Strikeforce were capable of putting up a better more attractive pay-per-view event if they chose to.

And they bit the dust.
Wrong section .. but .. I agree. I think Viacom said if you can't do a PPV then this is not something we want to continue. FightMaster is cancelled, Bellator chose to take on the UFC with fighter contracts, so they either need to sink or swim at this point, because any new up and coming fighters probably won't want to join Bellator after their shady moves.

Before the Eddie Alvarez and Ben Askren things, I like Bellator.

Now, I hope it crash into oblivion.

This PPV essentially is crippled/mediocre ex-UFC fighters reunion.

I can't wait to see how embarrassed Bjorn Rebney would be when there is only few hundreds show up at the venue and a few thousand PPV buys.

Yea this whole PPV is to screw over and spite Alvarez. It's really pathetic.

You realize that Bellator fighters get paid the same whether they're fighting on PPV or on TV, right? The only one who gets paid more is Alvarez, because they had to give PPV points to keep him. The whole point of this PPV is to keep Alvarez.

No it's not. Alvarez contract lets him walk after this fight if he loses, and if he wins he has 1 more fight then is in the UFC.

So either way ... Eddie has 2 fights at most to get in the UFC.

It costs less, I'm buying it. Suck it.

I hope it fails. That way every awesome fight will be on cable, instead of crappy fights on cable and saving all their awesome fights for PPV.... just like the UFC.

Yeah, kinda wish they didn't jump into the pay per view arena. Especially head lining Rampage and Tito. Bellator should just stick with what they've been doing, and also avoid UFC rejects.

LOL @ thinking a $5 subway Philly Cheese is as good as a genuine NY freshly made, fresh steak, fresh whole cheese Philly Cheese for $14

Back