• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bellator Fedor vs. Bader Payout Discussion.

Low IQ comment, Francis is a MUCH bigger star nowadays than Fedor. Fedor has very small star power in 2023, Francis on the other hand was the current UFC heavyweight champion and is somewhat of a star. It's also worthwhile mentioning that Fedor was champion for the last time 13 years ago. It's obvious that Francis would be paid a lot more money than Fedor.
He still has enough star power that they chose his fight to headline their first CBS card. Ngannou obviously has more at this point but to say Fedor has very small star power is obviously not true.

Does TS think that the UFC and Bellator have the same annual sales revenue?

Please, nobody explain what those words mean to him.

Bellator pays some of these regional guys like $1000 to fight on the prelims lol but people keep all of their criticism aimed at the UFC. o_O

It's almost like people have a higher degree of scrutiny aimed at the UFC for some weird reason... like maybe because they're the biggest, oldest, most economically successful MMA promotion in the history of Earth. So weird. I really can't figure it out. Anyways, I'm off to watch some Slap Fights, and drink some Proper 12.

Might huff some butane later. What were we talking about???

Bellator is paying out roughly DOUBLE the revenue split that the UFC is.

Saying they are both unfair as though its the same thing is hilarious.

You have a bad grasp of economics

McDonald’s makes ten times what Subway makes

That doesn’t make paying a Subway employee less that a McDonald’s employee justifiable

He probably shouldn't have even got that considering he's 46 years old.

Sponsorships!! <BidenShutIt>
Like? Name Fedors sponsors without looking them up? His fight gear was lacked sponsors compared to other fighters on the card, I highly doubt he made money via sponsors like you haters of the UFC love to claim.

Reactions: lsa
Arvloski laughing at these bum fights purses

Like? Name Fedors sponsors without looking them up? His fight gear was lacked sponsors compared to other fighters on the card, I highly doubt he made money via sponsors like you haters of the UFC love to claim.

The Russian government pays the rest

I highly doubt Joe Biden does that.

yeahbut that’s like $10 million in russia

Why are people so concerned with fighter pay? Pay for people who make most than most of you will ever make? I never understood it.

Ngannou was offered 8million to re-sign with UFC to fight Jones, he turned it down.

Fedor, an absolute legend, fought Bader a second time for the Bellator title, and got 100k.

Bellator has been paying out roughly an average of 30% of revenue* (see edit below, more recent information has it higher)

The UFC has been paying out ~18% of revenue for the past ten years, a bit lower now. This isn't up for debate its public information from their financial filings and court discovery. 18% includes every single penny attributed to fighters - all bonuses, PPV points, travel, hotels, per diem, insurance, the performance institute.

Bellator makes a lot less revenue so the totals look low, but they are sharing a much more fair split of the incoming cash with the fighters. At some point near double what the UFC revenue share is.

The UFC pays these guys pennies on the dollar.

*edit
@ripsta619 reminded me of this study from 2020, with Bellator paying closer to 45-50% of revenue.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/2/6/20893601/an-in-depth-look-at-bellators-finances
This ^
Also, Don't forgot in cage sponsors for fighters

Bellator has been paying out roughly an average of 30% of revenue* (see edit below, more recent information has it higher)

The UFC has been paying out ~18% of revenue for the past ten years, a bit lower now. This isn't up for debate its public information from their financial filings and court discovery. 18% includes every single penny attributed to fighters - all bonuses, PPV points, travel, hotels, per diem, insurance, the performance institute.

Bellator makes a lot less revenue so the totals look low, but they are sharing a much more fair split of the incoming cash with the fighters. At some point near double what the UFC revenue share is.

The UFC pays these guys pennies on the dollar.

*edit
@ripsta619 reminded me of this study from 2020, with Bellator paying closer to 45-50% of revenue.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/2/6/20893601/an-in-depth-look-at-bellators-finances
I'm sure it's very comforting for the fighters to make significantly less money because their bosses are poor too.

Myles Jury has a video on YouTube on fighters sponsor money.
In his headliner vs Benson back when bellator had decent views, he made an 8k total in sponsor money..
I dont think there are much money in sponsors for Bellator fighters

I'm sure it's very comforting for the fighters to make significantly less money because their bosses are poor too.

I dont give a fuck about how much of % revenue my company pays out. I care about the hard cold cash on my bank account.
The only figure that matters..

Josh thompson is a legit source,in fact fedor got paid millions of dollars for this fight,bellator killing it with the ppv

Back