Bellator 120 prelim card ratings on Spike TV: 776,000 viewers peaking with 962,000

That's some solid numbers for the prelims. They didn't really have any name guys on them that casuals would follow. I'm glad people tuned in because they got to see some pretty good fights bye some guys who need more promotion like Held, Guerreiro, and Goiti. DOn't think it translates to the PPV though. I'd love for it to but I don't think so.

Bombers is gonna do it again guys.

If Bombers nails it I swear to god I will never post a single bad thing about him again.

Good numbers for Spike. I actually think the PPV probably did solid numbers as well. The more I think about it. There was a lot of buzz around the event and it drew attention. The only other sporting event on at the same time was a free boxing card on a channel the majority of people don't get.

People underestimate the drawing power of guys like Rampage & Tito. Plus Rampage and King Mo did a solid job promoting the event. If you asked casual fans to name 10 MMA/UFC fighters, you would hear Rampage and Tito A LOT.

Time will tell but based on what I saw on Saturday, I would be surprised if they didn't draw at least 100k buys.

That's some solid numbers for the prelims. They didn't really have any name guys on them that casuals would follow. I'm glad people tuned in because they got to see some pretty good fights bye some guys who need more promotion like Held, Guerreiro, and Goiti. DOn't think it translates to the PPV though. I'd love for it to but I don't think so.
Cheick Kongo is a name casuals follow. That's why he was on there. He was the only headlining fighter other than Rampage to break 800,000 avg during Bellator regualar season.

This. Viator will be quite lucky if 1/10 of the prelim viewers bought the PPV. 1/3 is quite laughable.

Lol seriously. I'll AV bet anyone that they don't get 250k. And I'm usually not one for that kind of stuff.

Thats a good rating for the prelim on Sat night, was a good card with Kongo on it.

And who the hell is saying 250k buys? You do know the rumors are saying estimates are in the 30-50k range.

Thats a good rating for the prelim on Sat night, was a good card with Kongo on it.

And who the hell is saying 250k buys? You do know the rumors are saying estimates are in the 30-50k range.

Anybody that understands the PPV business knows estimates/rumors this early are 100% made up BS and aren't reliable in any way. Of course, that doesn't mean those #'s are wrong, because it's still possible, but at this point they're a guess based on no concrete info.

Reliable numbers usually become available about 2-3 weeks after the event at the earliest. Enough info to make a reasonable estimation is sometimes available around a week after the event. Sometimes even later then that. We still don't have the number for UFC 172 which occurred almost a month ago...

Anybody that understands the PPV business knows estimates/rumors this early are 100% made up BS and aren't reliable in any way. Of course, that doesn't mean those #'s are wrong, because it's still possible, but at this point they're a guess based on no concrete info.

Reliable numbers usually become available about 2-3 weeks after the event at the earliest. Enough info to make a reasonable estimation is sometimes available around a week after the event. Sometimes even later then that. We still don't have the number for UFC 172 which occurred almost a month ago...

Its about a week, you notice if the numbers are great a week after something solid is out, when they arent as great it tends to take alittle longer.

Who knows what it will be but no chance that card did 250k buys.

I think the 50-100k number is where it will land.

UFC 172 did about 350,000 buys. The initial trend was at 400,000 but was later reduced to 350,000.

You think 250k ordered the PPV??

jorlol.gif

haha. you're so crazy, man.

I know a few people that actually ordered it, went to buffalo wild wings on a date and it was showing. Casual viewers had no clue why Tito and Rampage weren't in the ufc and a lot of people thought bellator was a branch of the ufc. A drunk guy kept asking where the "bald guy" was.

Hopefully it did well, more mma is better for the fans.

One thing that is usually a good indicator of PPV buys is the Google numbers the day after the event. Rampage was the #1 searched for item on Sunday. After 172, Jones was #3, I think, maybe #2.

There was something else as well which I thought was incidental at the time but I'm starting to wonder now.

My TV isn't hooked up to a phone line so I actually have to call the cable company to order PPV. When I called, I got a message saying "Many customers are calling to order Bellator 120. If you are calling to order this event, please press 1". Now, I get this message for all UFC PPVs but I also order wrestling occasionally and I only have gotten this message for Wrestlemania and Royal Rumble. Other WWE shows range from 100K up to about 250K and there isn't even people ordering to trigger that message.

We'll see in a couple weeks. I hope that they did well because competition is good.

Kongo always draws big, so not really a surprise there. I think the 50k number makes sense, which means they lost a decent amount of money. But they'll have to do more to see if they trend up, or more likely down.

One thing that is usually a good indicator of PPV buys is the Google numbers the day after the event. Rampage was the #1 searched for item on Sunday. After 172, Jones was #3, I think, maybe #2.

There was something else as well which I thought was incidental at the time but I'm starting to wonder now.

My TV isn't hooked up to a phone line so I actually have to call the cable company to order PPV. When I called, I got a message saying "Many customers are calling to order Bellator 120. If you are calling to order this event, please press 1". Now, I get this message for all UFC PPVs but I also order wrestling occasionally and I only have gotten this message for Wrestlemania and Royal Rumble. Other WWE shows range from 100K up to about 250K and there isn't even people ordering to trigger that message.

We'll see in a couple weeks. I hope that they did well because competition is good.

Interesting observation Dez. The trolls and shills keep repeating their 50k number but the facts are pointing to the 250-300k number

Does anyone know if Bjorn's got a pay pal? I wanna donate $45 to him.

Good ratings....hope PPV did well too

Interesting observation Dez. The trolls and shills keep repeating their 50k number but the facts are pointing to the 250-300k number

what facts? google trends? really? i dont think it did 50k but jesus 300k? gtfo

Back