Behind bars, a brutal and unexplained death

Very disturbing it true.

I find it extremely odd, or convenient that the camera malfunctions at that time. Is that the first time that happened? Do the guards have access to the controls and or camera, and can they be tampered with?

I also find it odd, that if the cause of death was that he was scalded to death, that the family would not have pictures or reports of the condition of the body. The only person that seemed to have witness the scalding burns is the inmate that filed the complaint. That is something that is not easily covered up. If the body arrived in that condition in the morgue, and no one questions it, and the family does not question it-and are still asking for a cause of death-it casts doubt to the scalding report of the inmate.

I am not saying that prisoner/inmate abuse does not happed. In some places, it is Shawshank-esque. But lying inmates are more common. My thoughts are that if the body was grotesquely burned, the family would notice and would raise a stink about it.

To be fair, I was somewhat distracted while reading that story, so if my questions are answered, my apologies.

The title of this thread was changed, but the title of the other thread:
"Saudi woman burns Filipino maid with boiling water." remains.

Has the Saudi woman been convicted of burning the Filipino maid?

Should the title of the other thread be changed?

The title of this thread was changed, but the title of the other thread:
"Saudi woman burns Filipino maid with boiling water." remains.

Has the Saudi woman been convicted of burning the Filipino maid?

Should the title of the other thread be changed?

I assume you didn't change the title?

In any case why should the title of the thread I created be changed, as it's not like I am trying to paint a disengenous picture of what life is like for a heckva lot of poor expats.

It is not a generalization.

It is not part of American culture to treat people as sub human. It is innately part of Saudi culture to treat non Saudis and non Muslims as sub human and dog shit.

True. Altho Florida might as well be a part of Saudi Arabia, given the disturbingly high amount of f**ked up things that people do to defenceless people that they don't account for.

I assume you didn't change the title?

In any case why should the title of the thread I created be changed, as it's not like I am trying to paint a disengenous picture of what life is like for a heckva lot of poor expats.
Am I painting a disingenuous picture if I use a similar wording to you and pin the blame for the burning of the prisoner on a prison official?

It is not a generalization.

It is not part of American culture to treat people as sub human. It is innately part of Saudi culture to treat non Saudis and non Muslims as sub human and dog shit.

/Thread.

prison guards are pretty much the scummiest pieces of shit on the Earth.

Every grouping contains people who are the scummiest pieces of shit on the earth.

Punish the guilty not those who are similar to the guilty.

wooow its like Sherdog just discovered shit thats going on in saudi with all these recent threads. Yeah we know their treatment of fellow human being is shit to say the least, we also know they are one of the US strongest allies in that region. Come back when an American politician say anything negative about the Saudis

Have you ever hoped for an inmate to be raped?

If someone is guilty of committing a crime like Rape, I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep should there new cell mate be a 115kg Powerlifter who thinks real men don't use lube. :icon_twis

That said, I do not believe in lowering the rest of society to the level of scum; violent criminals etc should simply be put to death in the most efficient manner possible. Torture, sexual or otherwise, is not necessary.

Back