Behind bars, a brutal and unexplained death

Given the choice of being employed by a Saudi Arab for one year or being incarcerated in an American prison for one year, which would you choose?

Prison

EDIT: it would depend on a lot of variables. Me personally, as a man? or would I want to serve a year as a phillipino servant?

florida.gif

dcdf5b42acb95fa3551faa23a2f1e9e4.jpg

I would choose to live in the US over Saudi Arabia, and I would recommend my female relatives to choose to live in the US rather than Saudi Arabia.

Will you answer my question now:
Given the choice of being employed by a Saudi Arab for one year or being incarcerated in an American prison for one year, which would you choose?

Any reasons as to why? How come you want yourself and your female relatives to live in the States rather than Saudi Arabia?

The question is tough, I wouldn't wanna do either of them. Maybe the prison because I can join a prison gang and start shanking fools to earn respect. In Saudi Arabia I will never get respect unless I convert to their terrible religion.

I am exploring why some generalizations are easier to make than others.

Many generalizations were made about Saudi Arabs in the other thread.

There are comparably fewer generalizations being made in this thread.

Can you make a generalization about a subgroup of Americans based on the American story about boiling like how generalizations where made about Saudi Arabs based on the Saudi story about boiling?
Let me know when we start stoning people to death for being gay or rejecting Islam.

It is not a generalization.

It is not part of American culture to treat people as sub human. It is innately part of Saudi culture to treat non Saudis and non Muslims as sub human and dog shit.

Actually I would say prisoners are thought of as sub human in the US. In many places we take away their right to vote even when they leave prison for no good reason.

That said, USA>Saudi Arabia. At least prisoners usually have done something to warrant their negative perception.

I would surely choose an American prison over a Saudi prison (or Allah forbid, the Saudi justice system more broadly). You will be treated like scum in either, but you might have somewhat better odds in the US.

Regardless, the details of this incident are incredibly disturbing, and I hope that the press does not let up until we get answers.

the difference is that mistreatment of foreign workers is commonplace in saudi arabia uae qatar. about 1000 indian/nepalese workers have died preparing qatar for the WC.

A pretty horrific way to die.

But I can't hold it against the guards. They have to deal with bad people all the time. So you know....these things happen. A few bad apples and all.

Dade County represent yo.

It's disgusting this happened in this city, but what's even more gross is that people are totally unaware that this type of activity happens frequently. People turn a blind eye to prisons and they forget about those in there, leading many to lose all their rights and get abused in many ways. Hopefully correctional reform occurs soon and some modernization goes down, we desperately need it.

Shit how did this get out from under the rug???

2 fucking years!!!!!!

I don't know which is worse guards doing that, or the huge number of people in positions of power who are seemingly fine with it,

Florida has the death penalty right? Put these bastards to death. Public, in the streets.

Actually I would say prisoners are thought of as sub human in the US. In many places we take away their right to vote even when they leave prison for no good reason.

every one loves a good prison rape joke.

A pretty horrific way to die.

But I can't hold it against the guards. They have to deal with bad people all the time. So you know....these things happen. A few bad apples and all.

Yeah, totally...torturing and killing a mentally ill man is justified by their having a hard job, even in spite of it being common knowledge that that career requires one to hold themselves to higher standards. Cruel and unusual punishment ftw.

prison guards are pretty much the scummiest pieces of shit on the Earth.

The difference is, the culprits in this case will be held accountable for the awful crimes committed and nearly everyone in this country will condemn such acts...

Regarding the Saudi Royalty, nothing will come about from it...not even a ticket or fine, or even a verbal reprimand.

It's always funny to see some uninformed loudmouth own himself on the first reply.

Shit how did this get out from under the rug???

2 fucking years!!!!!!

I don't know which is worse guards doing that, or the huge number of people in positions of power who are seemingly fine with it,

The people in positions of power who condone brutality and state-sanctioned murder. This is vile behavior from everyone involved and is being done because the public tolerates it. The American justice system is shameful.

Back