Beaulieu Boxing Equipment

I've had Pakistani gloves that were much better made than some Thai gloves and one of the Mexican made brands I've seen (Solo, not very good, then there was what happened with people's JCs). Thai gloves from the better Thai brands are a sure bet though as seems to be the case for Technoir's Mexican brands and Reyes which are beautiful (Grant=badly overpriced imo). If you have something made in Thailand or even Mexico then that's going to come with a certain prestige over another brand of gloves which in a few rare cases may even be better made and sold at the same price, all because Thai gloves and Mexican gloves are consistently good so there's less risk. It doesn't necessitate that it's a superior product just for being made in another country. Thaismai isn't the same thing as Fairtex, Sandee is overpriced as are Everlast's made in Thailand stuff, and other brands like Yokkao don't seem to be anything special at their high price point either, and then Boon has had serious quality control issues lately.

Last edited:
Ok, guys

So I got my pair of 18oz Beaulieu today and sparred with it. I can tell you - they are TOP NOTCH. I had a pair of 16oz before, but let them go because my coach asked me to use 18oz exclusively. While I liked my first pair, I have to say this one is outstanding in quality of materials, craftsmanship and design. Here are the highlights:
+ beautiful, rich leather
+ live colors
+ lining is very smooth and high quality. does not seem to retain too much sweat and is a lot more comfortable than the everdry on my Ring to Cage, for instance. Another point to note is that there is no loose or saggy material and the entire glove is lined.
+ no loose stitches; no "trial and error sewing"
+ the padding is nice and soft, without being pillowy. I would describe it as having just enough feedback
+ triple cuff rocks
+ thumb positioning is excellent
- wrist could be a little narrower, but than might have to do with the size I ordered.
- could come with longer laces (easy fix!)

All and all these are the best sparring gloves I have owned after my Winnings. I like them a lot better than my Rival LS1, which are similarly priced and were my second favorite before these. The Beaulieu are more proportional, the materials are not as artificial and they look and feel like proper boxing gloves.
Hope this helps.
Gus
IMG_2123_zps9ac8e0cf.jpg

IMG_2122_zpsf90b8d8f.jpg

IMG_2124_zps92e7d59d.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, guys

So I got my pair of 18oz Beaulieu today and sparred with it. I can tell you - they are TOP NOTCH. I had a pair of 16oz before, but let them go because my coach asked me to use 18oz exclusively. While I liked my first pair, I have to say this one is outstanding in quality of materials, craftsmanship and design. Here are the highlights:
+ beautiful, rich leather
+ live colors
+ lining is very smooth and high quality. does not seem to retain too much sweat and is a lot more comfortable than the everdry on my Ring to Cage, for instance. Another point to note is that there is no loose or saggy material and the entire glove is lined.
+ no loose stitches; no "trial and error sewing"
+ the padding is nice and soft, without being pillowy. I would describe it as having just enough feedback
+ triple cuff rocks
+ thumb positioning is excellent
- wrist could be a little narrower, but than might have to do with the size I ordered.
- could come with longer laces (easy fix!)

All and all these are the best sparring gloves I have owned after my Winnings. I like them a lot better than my Rival LS1, which are similarly priced and were my second favorite before these. The Beaulieu are more proportional, the materials are not as artificial and they look and feel like proper boxing gloves.
Hope this helps.
Gus
IMG_2123_zps9ac8e0cf.jpg

IMG_2122_zpsf90b8d8f.jpg

IMG_2124_zps92e7d59d.jpg

Hey Gus, I read in another thread somewhere that you really liked and missed your 18oz Cleto Reyes gloves; I just order some 18oz Cleto Reyes and wondered how you would compare these to the Cleto Reyes.

Hey Gus, I read in another thread somewhere that you really liked and missed your 18oz Cleto Reyes gloves; I just order some 18oz Cleto Reyes and wondered how you would compare these to the Cleto Reyes.

Totally different gloves. The Beaulieus are more protective and have a more 'modern' cut to them. They feel more broken in from the get go.They embrace the hands and the thumb stays nicely tucked in. Quality/craftsmanship, as mentioned, is excellent in the pair I received

Reyes, on the other hand have that beautiful leather and the heritage that comes with them. Craftsmanship, quality and smell are outstanding, and they look like they will last an eternity. The drawbacks are well known: ample interior, thumbs are easily jammed and they are very stiff at first (specially in the base of the thumb). The padding is also not very abundant over the knuckles making them less safe to you and your sparring partner.

That said, I am a big fan of Reyes after they are properly broken in - I have 2 pairs of them and just ordered a pair of 18oz in blue :redface:

As a daily pair of sparring gloves the Beaulieus are superior, however.

How much did you pay for them gus?

You had to go there, didn't you :rolleyes:

I paid the introductory price, since I ordered it a while ago, but as of now they range from $150 to $160 (custom, non-gold or silver).

I went with yellow, so I could be a rainbow... lol. Red headgear, blue no-foul, and yellow gloves; I wonder if I move fast enough, will they see green? =P

I went with yellow, so I could be a rainbow... lol. Red headgear, blue no-foul, and yellow gloves; I wonder if I move fast enough, will they see green? =P

LOL....I have a pair of yellow H&L 16oz and they are beautiful! You are going to love them. Just be careful, studies prove that people who don't match the color of their gear get hit harder...but I guess that is not a problem for you since you have that nice headgear of yours!

LOL....I have a pair of yellow H&L 16oz and they are beautiful! You are going to love them. Just be careful, studies prove that people who don't match the color of their gear get hit harder...but I guess that is not a problem for you since you have that nice headgear of yours!

I get hit harder anyway because I am the big guy... but yes, the headgear works great.

How is getting hit by BB's ?

With Winnings being the softest and Reyes on the other end.

Excellent mini-review and pics Gus!! Those are some sweet looking gloves. Triple cuff is such a great looking design on gloves (and functional as well).

Excellent mini-review and pics Gus!! Those are some sweet looking gloves. Triple cuff is such a great looking design on gloves (and functional as well).

Thank you, Blair. Much appreciated coming from an expert in gear and reviews. I thought I would start slow...by adding a few comments and opinions here and there.

As for the gloves, man do I love them! The colors are amazing and yes the cuff not only looks the part, but do really help keeping the laces tight and hidden.

How is getting hit by BB's ?

With Winnings being the softest and Reyes on the other end.

hi,now thats a very interesting question and answer to this is that we are providing with a totaly new level of customization ,that is you can also choose what kind of padding you want!!!you can choose softer padding or hard padding according to your personal prefrence and thats why we say that nobody and i say that again nobody else is providing the level of customization as we do.try us and you won,t be disappointed!!!

Back