Barut's Death Squad (Squat Contest)

Squat you fucks!

I'm officially losing weight. My goal is 227 by 8-15-08. Pics will be posted of the new hotness when I hit the goal.

Now go squat you worthless ****s.

Dude...before & after pics of you in the bathroom.

It's the American way!

I'll hold the phone in mah left hand and flex mah right gun.

I'll hold the phone in mah left hand and flex mah right gun.

Someone should invent a telescoping arm that holds a camera. This will allow you to take better self portraits.

It will come in handy when you want to post progress pics on the intrawebs and it will be a big hit for self-absorbed couples who think they have to have a picture of themselves from every fucking place they've ever been. "Look! This is us in Maui!! And here we are by the pyramids! Here's one of us riding a camel, and here's another of us in front of Mt St Helens! OMG, we're so awesome! Here's one of us by the great wall of fucking CHINA!!! I know the wall is cool in and of itself, but we just bought this new telescoping camera holding and since we're so god damned pretty, we thought we improve upon the landscapes of Earth by inserting out fucking faces into EVERYGODDAMNTHING! We're amazing. Srsly. Here's one of us at Senor Frogs in Mexico. Look! We both have cold sores!

55043995_bc51a8f7e9.jpg

Someone should invent a telescoping arm that holds a camera. This will allow you to take better self portraits.

It will come in handy when you want to post progress pics on the intrawebs and it will be a big hit for self-absorbed couples who think they have to have a picture of themselves from every fucking place they've ever been. "Look! This is us in Maui!! And here we are by the pyramids! Here's one of us riding a camel, and here's another of us in front of Mt St Helens! OMG, we're so awesome! Here's one of us by the great wall of fucking CHINA!!! I know the wall is cool in and of itself, but we just bought this new telescoping camera holding and since we're so god damned pretty, we thought we improve upon the landscapes of Earth by inserting out fucking faces into EVERYGODDAMNTHING! We're amazing. Srsly. Here's one of us at Senor Frogs in Mexico. Look! We both have cold sores!

Wow, that sounds awesome! I wish I had thought of that!

6/16/08

Squat:
135X10
225x5x5

I am feeling much stronger than when I started this contest. The first session I posted I did 225X5 and it was very hard for me. Today I pushed through 5 sets of it with little trouble at all. Wednesday I am going to squat again and try to hit 5 reps with 275. New PR to come very soon.

Today

5 min warm-up on bike.

BWS x5

OHS, bar x5

Squat
135x5
405 *walkout*
205x14
205x9
225x8

Towel Chins / Dips / Decline Sit-ups (plate behind head)

Okay, 20 is in site for Thursday @ 205, and then I'll start to add weight. Did some visualization today which I think helped. Also held the 405 a bit longer to really feel the weight of it. Gonna need to start to increase the weight of my walkouts, too, I think.

Donut, you're in charge of figuring out who, if any of our teammates has not posted a workout. Thanks.

Lifting:

Incline bench: I'm concentrating on my upper pecs.
140 x 8
190 x 5
230 x 3
230 x 3
230 x 2
230 x 2
230 x 2

DL:
230 x 5
320 x 3
410 x 1
460 x 1
500 x fail. My belt made it hard to start with my hips low.
410 x 1
410 x 1
410 x 1

Front Squats:
140 x 5
190 x 5
230 x 3
230 x 3
280 x 1
280 x 1
280 x 3

Chins/pullups:
5 sets

#2 closes with either hand x various
forced closes with right on #3.

Richmond_Hravt appears to be the spindle legged one of the bunch. I think he just got major shoulder reconstruction. The_Harbinger has also failed the cause.

Richmond_Hravt appears to be the spindle legged one of the bunch. I think he just got major shoulder reconstruction. The_Harbinger has also failed the cause.

I'm expecting atleast a 50+ PR...just haven't been posting my squatting.

Richmond is out, I'm his replacement.

Sorry about not posting my workouts lately guys. My summer class has been taking up a lot of my time.

June 13th
Deadlift
245x5x2
335x5x2
385x5
425x1

Snatch
135x1x5
155x1x3

June 17th
Warmup

Squat (deep squat)
BWx10
135x5
225x5
315x5
(wide stance)
335x5
365x3
385x1x2

Lower back is sore from last week still. I didn't start feeling it until I started squating, so I didn't want to get too much into it. Might as well ease off and work on my bar speed out of the hole.

Snatch
155x1x5
175x1x3

Clean & Press
175x1x5
205x1x3

I wanted to do GMs, but my back was feeling really sore. I don't want to overdo my lower back right now.

For the next few weeks, if I'm late to update my progress, please bear with me. I'm taking probably one of the hardest classes in my major, and it's condensed as a summer class. I'm still working out, and I will be updating when I have the time.

Back