Barefoot training

i squat barefoot and occasionally go barefoot for a deadlift set.

when i started grappling i found muscles i never thought existed and sprained body parts that i never thought could be sprained. if you've recently started grappling your body may need to adjust to the added stress.

I posted twice, therefore the 2nd post is false but the 1st is true. Although they're identical. Paradox?

you're blowing my mind, dude.

So for once, not having an arch in my foot could be beneficial.

I lifted barefoot for the first time today. Didn't think about it, just didn't have shoes or socks on when I decided it was time. I liked it. Wish I could do it at my college gym or the Y here at home...

Yea always train barefoot. It's nice. Also train barefoot using the punchbag downstairs but the floor is carpeted...

I always DL barefoot or in socks.

Squats I have yet to try. I'd probably find it more stable than my crosstrainers.

I always DL barefoot or in socks.

Squats I have yet to try. I'd probably find it more stable than my crosstrainers.

Hell yeah you will. Squatting in trainers (especially really cushy ones) is really tricking because they don't cushion 100% predictably (Rippetoe talks about this a lot). The first time you try it you'll be amazed at how stable you feel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back