Barefoot training

PikeKing

White Belt
Reaction score
do any of your guys do any strength or conditioning training barefoot?

i've recently taken up judo and am finding my feet, ankles and calfs have a really hard time.

is there any thing classed as must do to condition your feet for training in sports that you go bare foot?

What do you mean your ankles, calves and feet are having a hard time? As in, you are getting injured or they get fatigued when training?

I train barefoot all the time without problem. I do have a pair of Nike Frees I wear whenever I'm someplace that requires shoes though.

i feel like my toes are getting sprained and i keep getting on the verge of cramp in my calves

i feel like my toes are getting sprained and i keep getting on the verge of cramp in my calves

If you're used to walking around and training in shoes, it will take you some time for the muscles in your feet to get up to speed with training barefoot.

Often lift barefoot, never had that problem . . .

. . . do get it occasionally at boxing, though wear footwear for that, only happens if I've been away from it for a bit, stretch properly beforehand and should soon go away

I have thought of doing it--maybe with those ankle type supports.

The only problem is stubbing your toe on ****l plates or racks!! OUCH!!

I only wear shoes when the garage is too cold for socks only. All my non-winter powerlifting is done bare foot and I don't get sore feet from standing all day at work like I did before I began lifting. Now I can muck through a wetland all day in rubber boots and my feet are less sore than when used to just mostly stand around working indoors.

It did bug my feet at first, but everything was sore when I was starting out so I didn't notice a difference.

do any of your guys do any strength or conditioning training barefoot?

i've recently taken up judo and am finding my feet, ankles and calfs have a really hard time.

is there any thing classed as must do to condition your feet for training in sports that you go bare foot?

My Contessa does all the time...

omgitsrick would be too scared about the possibility of dropping a plate on his foot.

omgitsrick would be too scared about the possibility of dropping a plate on his foot.

but it says "the post below me is a lie", and he posted below himself, so is he scared, or not???

I work out in my basement and I just started lifting barefoot two weeks ago. Other than the floor being cold I prefer it over wearing shoes.

I posted twice, therefore the 2nd post is false but the 1st is true. Although they're identical. Paradox?

Back