Barao: Biggest win-streak, smallest salary

Everyone seems so sure that he doesn't make 22k, but does anyone have any proof?

Unless you know the details of his contract, he could very well be getting the same show money he was a year ago. If you think it's ridiculous to think a UFC fighter could be paid such a low wage, you haven't been paying attention to the sport.

Barao got 5/5 at UFC 130
Barao got 11/11 at ufc 143.

Chris Cariaso lost to Renan Barao, since then he has gone 7-3 and his pay has increased to 21/21.

Its not proof Barao gets more than 11/11 but it would be crazy to think otherwise.

Also if he was still getting that money he would be up for renewal soon, Now Dana has been saying Barao is p4p No1, I doubt he would say that about a guy who is coming up for contract rennewal.

I believe Dana started saying p4p no1 as soon as Barao signed a new longer contract.

This 11/11 talk shall die on saturday as 173 will release fighter salaries.

He got 22k to fight Jorgensen, and he also got 22k to fight McDonald, so he obviously has not been getting a pay increase.
The stupidity on this forum is truly astounding.

UFC 169 (Barao vs Faber): Before we go any further, we should note that the New Jersey Athletic Commission doesn't release fighter pay info, so none of the following salary data for the event is official.

UFC 165 (Barao vs Wineland): Before we go any further, we should note that international events generally don't release fighter pay info, so none of the following salary data for the event is official.

UFC on FUEL (Barao vs McDonald): Before we go any further, we should note that most international UFC events don't have their fighter pay info released, so none of the following salary data for the event is official.

UFC 149 (Barao vs Faber): Before we go any further, we should note that most fights staged outside of the U.S. don't have officially released fighter pay info, so none of the following salary data for the event is official.

People are going to use this as an avenue to trash Zuffa but honestly this is a result of very poor management. Your agent's job is to make sure you aren't making chump change after a 30 something fight win streak.

No it's Zuffa business model... every fighter who becomes champion has to wait until their contract ends, fight out the rest of their contract and keep winning to renegotiate - there is NO championship clause unless the fighter is already established enough in the sport to hardball at the negotiating table and get the UFC to put it in, which very few are in a position to do. Seeing how all of the champs weren't names in the sport before they became champion, it's hard to get the leverage against Zuffa's contract tactics. You can become champ and lose it 1-2 fights later and never start making the championship money because you couldn't keep winning by the time it comes to renegotiate your contract and then people will say "he lost his last fight and wants a pay increase!?"

Then people say "once he fights and wins the next 4 fights remaining on his contract THEN he will make champion money DUR DUR DUR"... Or oh "that's his management's fault!!" You shouldn't have to be a 2-4x defending champion to start getting paid like a champion... no star players in other sports, regardless of the quality of management, make the equivalent of 11k to show for to defend your championship.

dude was washing his training clothes in his fucking bathtub in a favela on the last ufc insider thing and hes the champ of the biggest org in the world. Its criminal what they are paying him.

I have seen footage of Barao and Aldo passing buckets of cold water up through a hole in a roof to fill an old rusty bathtub with water and ice as a cool down after training.
The thing looked ghetto as hell.

Aldo's been making good money for a while.

I recall an IT guy at an old company I worked for, the dude looked fucking homeless, while taking home over 200k per year over a decade ago.

I recall the owner of anothr company I worked for who used to get to work on a scooter, (he was worth north of 200million).

Dana has said that the amount of money that gets reported isn't official. He said something among the lines that people won't ever know how much fighters really get paid or something.

The guys the top 2 or 3 fights on a PPV are usually bonused pretty fairly by Dana, first off. That said, I have no doubt that Barao is easily the lowest paid champion in UFC because he's the weakest draw off all their champions.

I'm shocked....a huge star in the most popular weight class not getting a lot of cash?

The stupidity on this forum is truly astounding.

UFC 169 (Barao vs Faber): Before we go any further, we should note that the New Jersey Athletic Commission doesn't release fighter pay info, so none of the following salary data for the event is official.

UFC 165 (Barao vs Wineland): Before we go any further, we should note that international events generally don't release fighter pay info, so none of the following salary data for the event is official.

UFC on FUEL (Barao vs McDonald): Before we go any further, we should note that most international UFC events don't have their fighter pay info released, so none of the following salary data for the event is official.

UFC 149 (Barao vs Faber): Before we go any further, we should note that most fights staged outside of the U.S. don't have officially released fighter pay info, so none of the following salary data for the event is official.

We know of previous events he was making 11/11k and he hasn't renegotiated his contract. If the UFC was paying him big bucks they'd let the press know ey are getting some heat on this issue from the MMA media but aren't saying anything specific. We know what he was making, if someone wants to argue he got a pay increase the burden of proof is on that person to prove that... or you can just pretend he's getting paid millions and say we don't have a right to criticize fighter pay because the AC isn't releasing the numbers... gee I wonder why they arent'? Get a clue junior...

If you think Barao makes less than TJ, please do the world a favor and kill yourself.

What makes you think he earns more? Dude is about as marketable as a flat tire atm. All they can do is push is huge win streak and promote him as p4p #1 to generate a buzz because he damn sure cant generate his own.

We know of previous events he was making 11/11k and he hasn't renegotiated his contract. If the UFC was paying him big bucks they'd let the press know ey are getting some heat on this issue from the MMA media but aren't saying anything specific. We know what he was making, if someone wants to argue he got a pay increase the burden of proof is on that person to prove that... or you can just pretend he's getting paid millions and say we don't have a right to criticize fighter pay because the AC isn't releasing the numbers... gee I wonder why they arent'? Get a clue junior...
If you want to believe Renan Barao has not recieved a pay raise after four title fights when even the biggest can gets a pay raise after a win, then you are an idiot, pure and simple. Nothing more needs to be said.

Barao got 5/5 at UFC 130
Barao got 11/11 at ufc 143.

Chris Cariaso lost to Renan Barao, since then he has gone 7-3 and his pay has increased to 21/21.

Its not proof Barao gets more than 11/11 but it would be crazy to think otherwise.

Also if he was still getting that money he would be up for renewal soon, Now Dana has been saying Barao is p4p No1, I doubt he would say that about a guy who is coming up for contract rennewal.

I believe Dana started saying p4p no1 as soon as Barao signed a new longer contract.

This 11/11 talk shall die on saturday as 173 will release fighter salaries.
These idiots are so married to the idea that Barao makes 11k that they're willing to believe Chris Cariaso makes double than him. That's a dangerous level of stupidity.

Bolded,
Do you know that do you? for a fact you know it???

So after this weekends fight when they release the purses (as they have to do under this commission) you are sure we will see Renan on 11/11.

What can we bet?

Tell you what, if Barao makes less than 20/20 for ufc 173 I will leave sherdog forever.

If he makes more will you leave?

But hell even if you don't take this bet, from now on be willing to listen to people who are telling you you are wrong don't have to take their word for it, but it should create enough doubt for you to check your facts and find your claims are baseless.

Bolded,
Do you know that do you? for a fact you know it???

So after this weekends fight when they release the purses (as they have to do under this commission) you are sure we will see Renan on 11/11.

What can we bet?

Tell you what, if Barao makes less than 20/20 for ufc 173 I will leave sherdog forever.

If he makes more will you leave?

But hell even if you don't take this bet, from now on be willing to listen to people who are telling you you are wrong don't have to take their word for it, but it should create enough doubt for you to check your facts and find your claims are baseless.

Maybe he renegotiated for this fight, but for the fights that were quoted above, chances are he didn't renegotiate for them - the UFC would have let his pay increase slip through the press to quell the heat that is being put on him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got a pay increase, a shitty one at that for his next fight. To you my claims are baseless but the dude before claiming that Renan got much more than 11k/11k for those fights being quoted above without any proof (his only backing that the AC didn't release the numbers), despite the fact that many major outlets and his contract (the one we KNOW of) says he is making 11k/11k isn't baseless? Ok sure, buddy - you forum veterans congregate like insects... As for your bet I have no interest.

dude was washing his training clothes in his fucking bathtub in a favela on the last ufc insider thing and hes the champ of the biggest org in the world. Its criminal what they are paying him.
"You can't change your attitude just because you're the champion. I've always kept my feet on the ground and I've never wanted to change."

Guess you missed that part.

#1 P4P makes $11k a fight.

Once his new contract is due, he'll make a whopping $22k a match :).

He's absolutely hideous and he speaks no English. No surprise.

I suppose you're a beauty queen huh? Regardless of how you think he looks I'm willing to bet he sees way more action from the ladies than you can even dream of.

y i remember posting a thread about barao kinda complaining about his salary but actually the fighter pay was wrong and lucifer guy came to clarify it

Back