Bad experiences meeting UFC fighters

Status
Not open for further replies.
So not a fighter, but I saw Dana while visiting Vegas years ago right after the GSP-Hendricks fight at a steak'n shake.

I went up to him and said sorry to bother you but could I get a picture? And he was like yeah sure of course.

Super nice. He then asked if I went to the fights and since I was a filthy casual I said no. He then went on a ten-fifteen minute rant about how Hendricks won that fight.

Took all that time for a guy he didn't know. Very cool of him.

Made my whole trip in Vegas.

Haven't met any, so I haven't had any bad experience at all!

<Fedor23>

Keep sharing though, you guys!

:kiss:

I have never had a bad experience

The nicest fighter I met has been Dan Severn,, met him twice at King of the Cage events and had lengthy discussions, he is an absolute gentleman and so classy. He is the real GOAT, over 100 wins in MMA despite making his debut at 34, won 36 belts in different MMA orgs, first UFC champ champ (tournament and superfight champ).
Absolutely true.
Don't forget we saw past it Severn he was 36 when he began MMA.
Also you forgot to mention shoo-in for Olympic freestyle gold in '84 but for politics

Also to add this in, when I met Cruz it was right when Josh Rosenthal got locked up for weed, I went to the fan expo before Silva vs Weidman, so I made a shirt that said “Free Josh Rosenthal” on it and it made all of the fighters laugh hysterically, Dom loved it the most tho. He took a picture of just me wearing it by myself after we took a picture together.

I used to live down the street from Mark Hunt which was pretty cool. My friend lived a couple doors down so I met/spoke to him quite a few times, he was always pretty nice and would wave if we called out to him if we were hanging out at the front.
Have also met Brian Ebersole back when he trained at KMA, he was also pretty nice.

Not UFC related but I've met ONE FC double champ Martin Nguyen through a friend who went to school/trained with him. He was a really humble and down to earth guy.

Romero before he became a MMA Fighter. Always smiling, always trying to make people smile and always friendly. He was some kind of clown but not in a beta cuck way.

oh there's lots of dirt on him too. real sleazy dude. that makes sense. some of the nicer ones like tito, everyone seems to hate. its usually the opposite

I never liked Tito at all for whatever reason fans have. But on TUF versus Chuck I liked the way he went out of his way to talk to guys who already lost about how to improve. He seemed to really take being a coach seriously and tried hard to help the guys he was responsible for.

Rashad Evans - Cool, never 6 foot like UFC billed him, 5'10'' MAX and thats even being kind. Small in person, can't believe he was LHW.

Pat Miletech - Seemed nice enough.

John Alessio - Generic

Dan Severn - Nicest fighter I have met by far, he is so awesome and will chat to you about anything, not just MMA, but anything in life, he is super intelligent and a gentleman. Really gave good impressions.

Uriah Faber - Generic

Tyron Woodley - Generic

Jim Miller - Awesome guy, he was very chatty and cool.. I liked him, he was the 2nd coolest fighter in person after Dan Severn.

Paul Varelans - Huge in person and wears a eye patch, his hands were so big.. his hands in person are really like the size of Bear, his name the Polar Bear is really suited!!!! his hands really are like a Bears paw.

Some other fights I met but they are just King of the Cage fighters, never been in UFC, don't want to bore with all of them

HSN: So, uh, Paul...
Varelaans: Yeah?
HSN: I've always wanted to ask...
Varelaans: Yeah?
HSN: You know, just a bit curious as a fan...
Varelaans: Just say it.
HSN: WTF is trap fighting anyway?

I've met and hosted many fighters over the years and everyone has been very cool, got myself one hell of a photo album. I've never had any bad experiences aside Jake Shields being a bit boring lol.

I saw BJ Penn at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
You should have touched him with teh jab. Even Fat bums can KO him now a days, im sure you could as well.

A guy posted about meeting Tank Abbott on here, asking him to sign his event program and Tank just took it and walked off with it instead.

It got me wondering if anyone else here has has bad experiences meeting fighters?

I waved at holly once she waved back but then
I asked her to take a pic with me she said no maybe because Main event was starting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back