Bad experiences meeting UFC fighters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antix

Champion Cheeto Fingers
@Green
Reaction score
A guy posted about meeting Tank Abbott on here, asking him to sign his event program and Tank just took it and walked off with it instead.

It got me wondering if anyone else here has has bad experiences meeting fighters?

Nope, only good.

hell even helwani stopped to say hi after I recognized him and he was running over to interview woodley after he won the belt

BJ Penn was an ass. Saw him at the airport and said hi BJ, asked for a photo and he just brushed me off.

On the other hand had a great time meeting Frank Mir and Josh Barnett. I guess they don't have manlet issues like BJ
usZRR.jpg

HHVSq.jpg

I saw BJ Penn at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Stephan Bonnar was a complete asshole, it’s not like I interrupted his lunch or some shit it was literally a fan expo hahah he is the only guy that acted shitty towards literally everyone, Bisping was kind of a dick but I don’t blame him, I was hired to make a stupid vine video with him and he was like “fuck off” and I was like “yeah that makes sense” hah I didn’t hold it against him at all. The nicest I met were Dom Cruz, DC, Mike Tyson, Anderson Silva and BJ Penn.

I’ll throw in some more super nice MMA fighters/personalities I met: Brian Ortega, Megan Olivi, John Morgan, Brendan Schaub, Feijao Calvalcante, Eddie Wineland, Andre Fili, all those people stuck out to me as really really cool.

Last edited:
I saw BJ Penn at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

So original!

I met Chris Leben at an amateur event once. He said he was working (as in, reffing) but my drunk ass thought he was like organizing the event or something. I asked him where will call was and I think I offended him.

that’s all I got.

Met Sean Sherk at an amateur fight promotion. This is before he ever fought for the UFC title. He blew off everybody that met him and clearly did not want to be there.

Stephan Bonnar was a complete asshole, it’s not like I interrupted his lunch or some shit it was literally a fan expo hahah he is the only guy that acted shitty towards literally everyone, Bisping was kind of a dick but I don’t blame him, I was hired to make a stupid vine video with him and he was like “fuck off” and I was like “yeah that makes sense” hah I didn’t hold it against him at all. The nicest I met were Dom Cruz, DC, Mike Tyson, Anderson Silva and BJ Penn.

DC does seem like an all round good guy.

I've met, Serra, Pat Barry, Kenny Florian, and Ariel. All were super nice. Pat made sure everyone got the photo they wanted before taking on someone else. Serra was kind of distracted, only because he saw a woman with a baby. She handed him the baby and he was all "goo-goo-ga-ga." It was very cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back