• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bad dates

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Share your 'fun'....

Sophmore year in college: I meet up with some of my friends from high school who went off to different colleges. We go back to our hometown, go out to eat, and there's this cute'ish waitress working there.

She and I hit it off and she gives me her phone number.

The movie Waterboy is out in the theaters and we go to see it. I hated it and she's cracking up at every dumb thing in the movie. I already know this is a bad sign. It's this low-sounding Butthead (from Beavis and Butthead) type laugh.

Movie ends and she and I just aren't on the same wavelength.

I quickly lose interest and just want to drop her off back home. We drive past Perkins and she starts begging for us to go there to get something to eat. So I think 'why not'. As we're turning around to go to Perkins she's being a bit more engaging....and I'm warming up to her.

We walk into the restaurant and she points to one of those claw drop machines and says "I love those!!".
We sit down, order our food, and she says she wants to quickly try it.

She's playing on that damn machine the entire time I'm sitting there waiting for our food. But she's playing it very animatedly: "Come on, Come on, Come on!!! Almost had it!!!" (stuff like that).... loud enough that anyone listening (and even those who aren't) can hear her.

I'm sitting at the table increasingly embarrassed as people are watching her laughing (she being completely oblvious to the whole thing). I'm honestly considering at this point sneaking out of the restaurant and just leaving her there and never talking to her again.

The food comes and she still doesn't come back to eat. I'm not certain if I'm more happy or more upset about it.

She comes back to the table, sits down, takes a bite or two and then asks if I have any quarters.
People are now realizing that we're together. She makes a scene begging for some dollars to play the machine some more. I hand her a couple of dollars out of shear embarrassment to just get the other people to stop looking at me.

She runs back to the machine, as loud and as animated as ever.... didn't do the trick: people are still looking at me, at her and laughing.

I have no appetite to even eat. But in my head the scene of me sitting there not eating is worse than that of me actually eating. So I start forcing it down.

Now I'm finished, too embarrassed to keep on sitting there and too embarrassed to go up to her and say "let's leave".
She yells to me as I'm paying the bill "get a doggie bag for my food!!".

When I finally muster up the courage to stand, I walk over by her and say "let's please leave now".

I'll leave it at that..... after that evening we never spoke again.

sounds more like you are a sourpuss than it actually being a bad date.

Had a date through Tinder, met in a bar for a drink, turns out she was at least 20kg heavier than on the pictures and 10 years older. Told her I had to visit the bathroom and left the bar through a different exit.

Sounds like you had yourself a Wisconsin dime there. Let 'er slip right through your fingers.

im pretty sure you went on a date with a 15 year old girl Paul.

I went on a date last week that was terrible. I pull up to her house and she comes out wearing a skin tight dress with her boobs popping out. How terribly uncomfortable i was.

I ask her where she wants to eat and she says the steakhouse, on her. She wouldn't even let me pay for my own meal, how rude.

At dinner she keeps licking her lips, and biting her lower lip while staring at me. I chalk it up to OCD and ignore it.

We're driving home and she keeps asking to pull over, i assume shes feeling sick from dinner and i tell her we will be back at her place soon.

We get there and shes constantly complaining about how hot she is, and that she should take off her shirt.

That was the last draw, all of this and now complaining about the temperature? I had enough!

I left and she was texting me asking me to come back for desert when she KNEW i was already full from dinner. Just an awful night.

What's even real about you?? Are you an MC??? Is your name even Paul?!??

I went on a date last week that was terrible. I pull up to her house and she comes out wearing a skin tight dress with her boobs popping out. How terribly uncomfortable i was.

I ask her where she wants to eat and she says the steakhouse, on her. She wouldn't even let me pay for my own meal, how rude.

At dinner she keeps licking her lips, and biting her lower lip while staring at me. I chalk it up to OCD and ignore it.

We're driving home and she keeps asking to pull over, i assume shes feeling sick from dinner and i tell her we will be back at her place soon.

We get there and shes constantly complaining about how hot she is, and that she should take off her shirt.

That was the last draw, all of this and now complaining about the temperature? I had enough!

I left and she was texting me asking me to come back for desert when she KNEW i was already full from dinner. Just an awful night.

Good one.
I like your style, mate.

Back