News B.J. Penn talks near death experience in wave pool

leave it to BJ to get in these crazy outlandish situations!

Only BJ gets into these “to the death” situations

<mma4>

TUF+Reaction.gif

bj_rules.gif

Dude needs a few days of raw garlic chopped in water for his sinuses.

This story is wild so crazy. I'm glad BJ survived lived to tell the tell what a horrific event to experience.

Imagine if a kid got sucked into that room I guess the engineer didn’t think of this

Can someone post cliffs on his near death experience.

Wow, scary, yeah being calm is all you can do when you have nothing else. At 5 or around, was at raging water park, artificial waves were hitting me, but every time I went up to get air the wave hit me. So wave after wave and I was not getting any air. Life Guard pulled me out and said...if you weren't holding on to the stair rail the whole time with your left arm that would have never happened...lol...I caused my problem and thought holding on was my last hope when it was the cause of the problem....panicked.

What do you mean 'dumb'?
Serious question - is it a known thing that wave pools are dangerous like this and you should avoid being to close to the wall to keep away from getting sucked in?
There are safety measures (gratings etc) and rules (no go areas) to prevent people getting sucked into the chambers behind a wavepool. By his own admission it has never happened to anyone, ever; therefore I guarantee he was doing some dumb shit.

this sounds so crazy. like how was it even designed for this to be possible. why was the water in the engine room so dirty that everything got infected? was it not the same water in the pool

If you inundate your nasal cavity and sinuses with the cleanest water, but without it having sufficient saline content, the shit will hurt. Try it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back