News B.J. Penn talks near death experience in wave pool

Well he does have a point, Penn has lower than average IQ.
he does not.
And (according to what was written), he was sitting with the owner, so it's not like he jumped into a restricted area or was doing something wrong that caused it.
And Penn never claimed to be awesome for surviving.

You would think something like this happened would have a humbling effect

it doesn't tho from the way he told that story I know he mentioned his kids but he still somehow sounds arrogant

Imagine being the pool guy who goes to empty the filter basket and BJ Penn is inside.....

Aren’t wave pools for kids?? This guy is a total retard.

dscf12181.jpg

Is thats it???

Lets be real if this happend like he is saying that place should had closed many time ago...if this could happend to anyone its a fucntional problem of the pool
He said in his post he is not the type to sue.
But if i was him i would say if you don't but a proper grate on the wave pool i will.
Might save someone elses life.

Hate to be that guy but i find this to be hard to believe ..

The pictured injuries dont line up with the story and the fact he doesnt explain how he got out is suspect..

I love me some Bj Penn but this looks more like a moped or scooter or bike accident to me after few too many cold ones bruddah..
He tippy toed out of there.

There are safety measures (gratings etc) and rules (no go areas) to prevent people getting sucked into the chambers behind a wavepool. By his own admission it has never happened to anyone, ever; therefore I guarantee he was doing some dumb shit.

Agreed. He was probably swimming very close by the chambers. For whatever reason he was curious about it

I had a bday in common with Baby Jay but now I also have near death wave pool experience.

That’s horrible and hilarious. I’ve been sucked into wave pool engine rooms like a dozen times.

I kept saying I would never do that again and I was so thankful. then a couple days or a week later. Same fucking shot. Sucked into the Engine pool wave room. This was becoming a big deal. And they’re like what are you doing? This has never happened ever in history and you 13 times? The bottom line was
I would get complacent and get sucked into the wave pool engine room.

I wasn’t embarrassed it could happen to anyone all the time.

it doesn't tho from the way he told that story I know he mentioned his kids but he still somehow sounds arrogant

That's the rich kid coming out. It is very hard to get rid of.

pretty sure not all his wounds became infected lol. but yeah. glad he made it out of there. sounds crazy.

I think it's just the way you read it. Didn't come off arrogant to me at all.

Back