AVENGERS: ENDGAME (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen AVENGERS: ENDGAME, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I was hoping they'd start teasing x men, only to find that there were no post credits
<DCrying>
Kevin Feige has said that the X-men arent even in the 5 year plan at this point. Things might change of course but it seems they want to have a decent amount of time off before they reboot it. Disney don't like to have their own movies competing with each other and with the amount of Marvel movies + all the others they create they don't really need to do anything with the X-men before the Marvel universe starts getting stale (which imo it is, the last movies have become somewhat predictable and formulaic) and then go over to a replace the current Marvel universe with an "X-men universe". Then they drain that until people dont want to see it then reboot the type of Marvel universe we got currently. That would be my guess at least.

Basically, there is a limited amount of Marvel movies they are going to release each year and that number wont go up (most likely, based on their previous standards around releases) even though they now got a bigger catalog to pick from. The only thing I could possibly see happening is that they go from 2 Marvel universe movies a year over to 1 Marvel movie + 1 x-men universe movie (I know that they are technically in the same universe but unlike others I don't think think they are going to mix them to begin with).

I was literally cheering when Thanos fucked up Capt Marvel in the final battle. :D

#MeToo;)

Also, Olsen did more with a single line, "You took EVERYTHING from me!" than Larson did with all of hers.

And I loved Rocket's burn, "What you gonna get another new haircut?"<Lmaoo>

No post credit scene is a GOOD THING

It symbolizes the end of part 1 and the beginning of something new

I'm actually really excited to see where they can go from here.

#MeToo;)

Also, Olsen did more with a single line, "You took EVERYTHING from me!" than Larson did with all of hers.

And I loved Rocket's burn, "What you gonna get another new haircut?"<Lmaoo>
Thanos: "I don't even know you."
Scarlet Witch: "You will!"
3B72F8D700000578-4041938-image-a-38_1481918154377.jpg

I also wouldn't poo poo RDJ and Evans potentially comming back in the future

Not full time roles but one off cameo roles

Never say never with this shit.

Money is king

A good example is Chris Pine died in Wonder Woman and he is back in Wonder Woman 2

No fucks given really

2014 Thanos is a can. IW Thanos is the best. I was so sad when he died.

I don't know about that. 2014 Thanos was fighting without the IG and was kicking ass left and right and almost won. It took Tony sacrifice to beat him once and for all. Before that he smashed pretty much everyone and took everyone best shots without much issues. That include Capt with Mjolnir + his shield , Thor with Stormbreaker (and Mjolnir as well at certain points) , Iron Man with a new suit , Capt Marvel (he took everything from her like a boss before throwing her away) , Scarlet Witch and others from the crew.

Endgame has shown how powerful Thanos really is even without the gauntlet. I don,t think that qualify as a can ;)

Thanos: "I don't even know you."
Scarlet Witch: "You will!"
3B72F8D700000578-4041938-image-a-38_1481918154377.jpg

That reminded me of the classic, "But for me, it was Tuesday" line from Streetfighter. The actress who Bison says that to plays Agent May in Agents of Shield.

I don't know about that. 2014 Thanos was fighting without the IG and was kicking ass left and right and almost won. It took Tony sacrifice to beat him once and for all. Before that he smashed pretty much everyone and took everyone best shots without much issues. That include Capt with Mjolnir + his shield , Thor with Stormbreaker (and Mjolnir as well at certain points) , Iron Man with a new suit , Capt Marvel (he took everything from her like a boss before throwing her away) , Scarlet Witch and others from the crew.

Endgame has shown how powerful Thanos really is even without the gauntlet. I don,t think that qualify as a can ;)

Thanos was so strong WITHOUT the gauntlet that it makes you wonder why he even needed the thing in the first place

A good example is Chris Pine died in Wonder Woman and he is back in Wonder Woman 2

No fucks given really
What? Chris Pine is back in WW2?
<{hfved}>
Their chemistry was good no doubt about it. But Chris' ending was already good and gave Wonder Woman purpose. It kinda seems off to bring him back suddenly

Thanos was so strong WITHOUT the gauntlet that it makes you wonder why he even needed the thing in the first place
Only an efficiency issue. He was running around from planet to planet killing half their populations but it was too slow for him.

IW Thanos did win. And he earned that victory, he went after the stones and got every one as a true hero should. 2014 Thanos is pretty much the Sekiro meme.

What? Chris Pine is back in WW2?
<{hfved}>
Their chemistry was good no doubt about it. But Chris' ending was already good and gave Wonder Woman purpose. It kinda seems off to bring him back suddenly
We don’t know what even happens or why he’s “alive”. Pure speculation. He could even just be a flashback.

I didn't enjoy it as much as IW and I was not a big fan of all the time traveling but the last hour of the film was truly amazing.

I didn't enjoy it as much as IW and I was not a big fan of all the time traveling but the last hour of the film was truly amazing.

I gave it a 10 and I stand by that. Not because it's a perfect movie. It's not; Professor Hulk is underused and Thor is a joke. But it's a perfect ending to an 11 year and 22 movie journey. It made me shout with sheer joy and it made me cry, even though I new what I was seeing was the only possible way the movie could end.

Thinking about it some more, some things I would have changed/added in the movie:

Hulk vs. Prof. Hulk fight. The best thing regular Hulk had going for him was that one time he smashed Loki. But he's really been used to put over other characters. Tony kicks his ass. Thor kicks his ass (until he's shocked). Thanos kicks his ass and turns him into a bitch. So why not let Prof. Hulk get put over by beating up Hulk too?

Make use of Eitri and Shuri. This would have required a change in IW where Eitri comes to Earth too and punts bad guys all over Wakanda and Shuri not being dust or whatever happened to her. But figuring out time travel and making another gauntlet should have required a lot more brain power. And they already set up in BP and IW that Shuri is super smart and Eitri built the original gauntlet.

Make use of the Black Order during the final battle. A lot more localized/small fights during the final battle involving the Black Order duking it out with some heroes would have been great. Put whoever you want together. Scarlet Witch vs. Maw since they have very similar powers. Valkyrie vs Blue lady. I liked them in IW and they're pretty much throw aways in EG. Also, Thanos should have immediately shot at the heroes when they arrived through the portals. Then the sorcerers help protect everybody, Wakandans turn on their shield blanket things, people are scattered. Avengers Assemble.

A whole bunch of different end stuff like who lives and why Thor is doing the things he's doing. But I really wanted a party scene with everyone is hanging out and talking. It was amazing that everyone showed up for the final battle but it would have been great to witness some interactions that probably aren't going to even get a chance to happen again since everybody will be going their own separate ways.

Back