• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AVENGERS: ENDGAME (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen AVENGERS: ENDGAME, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Bucky should have been picked as the new Cap America considering he's actually been shot up with super serum. And falcon is just a regular dude who gets lapped when running

iu

But I feel the whole "bucky is white" thing worked against him here.

No you're just stupid.

Falcon has been Capt America in the comics.

Bucky has at several points been a terrorist against America, her allies and best defenders.

Pull your head out of your ass.

I’m glad fans really embraced Helmsworth as Thor. He’s as much Thor as RDJ was Tony and Evans was Cap. They really got their main three right.
The MCU has the best casting EVER in a movie series. That's the only reason the whole thing works. Every single lead role is perfection so I'm never taken out of the movie by "THAT guy is Captain America?"

When watching that scene, I assumed it was ad-libbed. The little kid had no lines, it was just Jon talking to a child with the cameras rolling.

If it was truly scripted that way, they would have made her do a Tony-esque quip like "I want shwarma".

No lines in that scene, just a child with a grown-up talking on a porch.

When Tony came back from Afghanistan, he wanted was a cheeseburger.

That was the point. It was that simple.

Saw Endgame early this week finally. Stayed away from spoilers.

I was a little Meh the first half of the movie. 2nd half made up for it. It's such a high bar to try to exceed/equal I.W.

So I was a little underwhelmed for the first half. I'm sure I'll like it more on 2nd showing. Lot of info to absorb.

Whole tone of the movie changed when Nat died. I wasn't sure who was going to die the way it was going ..thought they were both going to climb to the bottom for a second.

Then the Olympus God theme music started playing, and I was like oh shit...this is going to be sad. And it was..triggered the Gamorra dying scene.

I place Nat dying in my top 5 saddest mcu, guaranteed tears when I see it scenes (behind Pietro dying and Wanda's reaction, and Gamorra dying...which is the saddest thing I've ever seen....compounded by that heart wrenching Olympus God theme song playing.

And me having a bit of a crush on Gamorra..the actress. LOL

Good movie...I'll need to watch it 10 more times.

I dunno guys, I thought he movie was too meh to be any more than a 7/10
The movie felt like it was jamming its SJW views down my throat the entire time.
All the dominant male characters were neutered to need a female to save them, because girl power.
IW was a 9/10 for me, Endgame was disappointing other than the good performance from RDJ

A poster on reddit outlined all the annoying crap this movie tried to push on to us:

Imagine what kind of salty bitch you have to be to see everything this way and write all this.

Oh and I was in the theater empty I was hoping..and in the morning. Unluckily 25 kids..10 to 12 yrs old all sat in front of me on a field trip I guess?

Biggest reactions were Cap picking up the hammer and the dead heroes appearing at the end starting with Black Panther.

When Tony dies, I could hear one kid sniffing away, presumably crying.

I thought that was sweet.

Not hating...I cry like a baby during the Gamorra dying scene. Every time.

Would love a new movie to take the throne of highest grossing, ie End Game

But gotta give it up to James Cameron, this was a stand alone movie that made almost 3 billion. Star Wars had 40+ years of nostalgia, Marvel had 10 years and 22(?) movies to build the hype for End Game.

Shit, he may release it again before Avatar 2 just so people can refresh their memories. Not sure if that will count for their final total, but damn, that's impressive

Today I learned Nebula is fine as hell

<mma4>

Lol... yeh I saw that pic of her a few pages back. Not a stunning beauty but shes kinda cute. Infinitely better than what I imagined as that weird robotic bald psycho hag she's makeup'd as playing Nebula.

Speaking of shock...before the movie Tom Holland does an intro talking about his upcoming Spidey movie. The guy is English. LOL.

Couldnt believe it. Like John Boyega... I had no idea. Both impeccable American accents.

No you're just stupid.

Falcon has been Capt America in the comics.

Bucky has at several points been a terrorist against America, her allies and best defenders.

Pull your head out of your ass.

Yeh I was meh with that scene. Definitely agree Bucky, irregardless of his lifelong friendship with Cap, and what they have went through together... has too much blood on his hands. It would be ridiculous.

Falcon is as good as anybody I suppose so that's fine if they find that gesture necessary.

Personally, I don't think anybody needs to be cap america but cap america. Falcon is fine, his character is cool already.

But whatever...if this passing of the torch gesture is necessary, Falcon is ok. I liked the guy.

It's bizarre. I remember noticing it, but not giving it much of a second thought. I had no idea I would see so many people whining about such a brief sequence. Then again, I'm not an embittered, sensitive, defensive, easily-triggered bitch, so can't really relate to the mindset.
As soon as I saw that shot, I recognized it for what it was, but it isn't a big deal. The entire last fight was a fanservice fest so I dunno why the fanservice-for-women shot frustrates people.

Lol... yeh I saw that pic of her a few pages back. Not a stunning beauty but shes kinda cute. Infinitely better than what I imagined as that weird robotic bald psycho hag she's makeup'd as playing Nebula.

Speaking of shock...before the movie Tom Holland does an intro talking about his upcoming Spidey movie. The guy is English. LOL.

Couldnt believe it. Like John Boyega... I had no idea. Both impeccable American accents.
Yeah she's cute and it's probably more that she's exactly my type. I knew Holland was English, but I forget in the movies because his accent is so flawless.

Watching at home means something a little different than it used to. We can still watch movies on disc, but a release date for a physical copy of Endgame has not been finalized yet. However, it will be coming to a streaming service on December 11.

No, not Netflix, where a lot of Marvel movies are currently streaming. December 11 is the date that Endgame starts streaming exclusively on Disney’s own service, Disney+.

As soon as I saw that shot, I recognized it for what it was, but it isn't a big deal. The entire last fight was a fanservice fest so I dunno why the fanservice-for-women shot frustrates people.

Finally saw the movie last night.

The scene wasn’t bad because all the girls protecting Captain Marvel could’ve been dudes and the outcome was going to be the same.

Overall: 9.5/10

Watched all Marvel movies but don’t love it as much as other fans. But this one might be the best superhero movie ever. The action scenes were cool but what made it really work was showing the family values. Tony meeting his dad was awesome. Cap finally having bit of fun and marrying Peggy Carter made me happy for him. I didn’t realize I was invested so much in these characters. Surprised me too how funny the movie was. I think this was Don Cheadles best performance as Rhoadie. He finally looks comfortable, had funny lines and badass.

When backup arrived at the end, it gave me goosebumps. Cap wielding the hammer was so dope.

Finally saw the movie last night.

The scene wasn’t bad because all the girls protecting Captain Marvel could’ve been dudes and the outcome was going to be the same.

Overall: 9.5/10

Watched all Marvel movies but don’t love it as much as other fans. But this one might be the best superhero movie ever. The action scenes were cool but what made it really work was showing the family values. Tony meeting his dad was awesome. Cap finally having bit of fun and marrying Peggy Carter made me happy for him. I didn’t realize I was invested so much in these characters. Surprised me too how funny the movie was. I think this was Don Cheadles best performance as Rhoadie. He finally looks comfortable, had funny lines and badass.

When backup arrived at the end, it gave me goosebumps. Cap wielding the hammer was so dope.
This guy gets it.

Back