• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AVENGERS: ENDGAME (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen AVENGERS: ENDGAME, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I wonder how many times the word shoehorned has been thrown around in the last 189 pages.....
Search bar gave me five results.

giphy.gif

finally saw it just now & knew I could hop right to the last page in this thread to find dorks still whining about that brief “girl power” moment, or whatever you wanna call it. sherdog so predictable.
I thought it was cool, and I also thought it was a teaser for the movie they want to do with all the women. So it wasn't just a meaningless "girl power" moment imo.

I thought it was cool, and I also thought it was a teaser for the movie they want to do with all the women. So it wasn't just a meaningless "girl power" moment imo.
I wasn’t referring to it as a meaningless girl power moment btw. I was just using the lame phrasing all the angry man children were using because I didn’t have a better signifier off the top of my head when I posted.

I wasn’t referring to it as a meaningless girl power moment btw. I was just using the lame phrasing all the angry man children were using because I didn’t have a better signifier off the top of my head when I posted.
I knew where you were coming from. I agree with you. My post was more towards the guys who complained about it.

It was annoying that they shoehorned that in the middle of the Big Battle. So what the Fuck were all the Male characters Doing "Go Get em Girls "

The lines spoken were so cringey " Don't worry she's got help" I cringe just think it. Worst part is that they were supposed to be clearing a path for CM. The Bitch just flew through the Fucking Intergalactic Warship , it's clear she doesn't need help.

The more I think about it the more I dislike CM and that scene.
Do you feel similarly or notice when it is done over and over with the male portion of a cast like in the Expendables and so many other action movies?

fatto%20a%20mano%20i%20italia%20copia.jpg

Do you feel similarly or notice when it is done over and over with the male portion of a cast like in the Expendables and so many other action movies?

fatto%20a%20mano%20i%20italia%20copia.jpg

Too busy watching people get blown in half in those movies to even notice :D

I don't have a problem with the scene, because all of those chicks are badasses, but CM clearly didn't need the help. I wish Nat was in it, though :(

Trash fucking film. Just saw it last night.

Time travel LOL.

So much of this was rushed. All the scenes of them collecting infinity stones were just slopped together. First 2 hours is pretty boring with meaningless 'character building'

Cringe worthy Iron man mental breakdowns at the start.

The end fighting scene was boring, pointless, and Thanos gets very limited film time. What a piece of shit.

Trash fucking film. Just saw it last night.

Time travel LOL.

So much of this was rushed. All the scenes of them collecting infinity stones were just slopped together. First 2 hours is pretty boring with meaningless 'character building'

Cringe worthy Iron man mental breakdowns at the start.

The end fighting scene was boring, pointless, and Thanos gets very limited film time. What a piece of shit.

Hahaha, sucks to be you, homie.

This can't be the first MCU film you've watched, so if you went into it not expecting what you got the joke's on you.

Most people love it, glad your night sucked

RecklessNeedyCaudata-size_restricted.gif

Hahaha, sucks to be you, homie.

This can't be the first MCU film you've watched, so if you went into it not expecting what you got the joke's on you.

Most people love it, glad your night sucked

RecklessNeedyCaudata-size_restricted.gif

My night was fine, its just a marvel movie. Notice how It took me a month to get around to even seeing it.

No idea why you liked my post and then flamed me for it, LOL.

Engame starting to look exhausted, Avatar connectiing with the jab.

At least in the domestic market Engame will pass Avatar this weekend. The key for WW dominance will be how much they do in the foreign market this weekend.

Cool another Edge Lord that thinks this movie sucks .
It didn't suck, but it wasn't even a stand-out Marvel film for me. I'm starting to think the dumbing down of the moviegoer, which I have been mentioning in here since 2007 or so, is really paying off. I enjoyed it, but IW was way more fun. What it set up with Thanos and his mixed emotion was wasted. The plot conveniences were just one after the other. RDJ and Chris Evans both played their characters superbly, and that saved a lot of this film. The ending with Ironman had palpable feeling; it wasn't throw away. Cap's end was ok as well. Giant man was cool in the battle, but we've seen battles, haven't we? I mean, yeah.

Two of my kids worshiped this movie when it came out. I was in the middle, but didn't ruin it for them. On second viewing, they just thought it was ok. The love ITT has been over the top. It wasn't that good. It was good, but it wasn't that good. I'm starting to miss real movies, to be honest.; those seem to be released straight onto netflix and Amazon now.

It didn't suck, but it wasn't even a stand-out Marvel film for me. I'm starting to think the dumbing down of the moviegoer, which I have been mentioning in here since 2007 or so, is really paying off. I enjoyed it, but IW was way more fun. What it set up with Thanos and his mixed emotion was wasted. The plot conveniences were just one after the other. RDJ and Chris Evans both played their characters superbly, and that saved a lot of this film. The ending with Ironman had palpable feeling; it wasn't throw away. Cap's end was ok as well. Giant man was cool in the battle, but we've seen battles, haven't we? I mean, yeah.

Two of my kids worshiped this movie when it came out. I was in the middle, but didn't ruin it for them. On second viewing, they just thought it was ok. The love ITT has been over the top. It wasn't that good. It was good, but it wasn't that good. I'm starting to miss real movies, to be honest.; those seem to be released straight onto netflix and Amazon now.

I prefer Infinity War. But I don't take people seriously when Thye objectively say this sucks

I prefer Infinity War. But I don't take people seriously when Thye objectively say this sucks

Just saw Endgame again and thought it was just as epic on the re-watch. I feel IW and Endgame are 1 and 2 among the MCU films and the gap between them (I still have Infinity War as 1) is not wide.

I’m glad fans really embraced Helmsworth as Thor. He’s as much Thor as RDJ was Tony and Evans was Cap. They really got their main three right.

Me too. The Thor trilogy is my favorite trilogy. I read Helmsworth was open to do more Thor. Hope so. Hopefully with Loki, love that character, and Tom absolutely nails the part. Lot of emotion in his acting. Hopefully him splitting with the time stone during the time travel sequence, and him not appearing in the final battle lends to seeing him in the future.

Or maybe he's just really dead like Nat.

Love the Cap America trilogy as well. Very touching, bittersweet story with that sweetheart Agent Carter. Very touching they finally had that last dance at the end of Endgame.

Never understood the Capt Marvel hatred. Saw it last month finally and enjoyed it. From reading this forum, she was painted as Hitler... was a whole thread dedicated to her flat ass.

Just didn't get it. The same people I assume hated Iron Man too because they have the same personality..braggadocious and a bit of a douche.

Or maybe some mysoginy going on? Just glad I didn't let the bitter begging-for-anything-to-hate-on bitter motherfuckers on this forum prevent me from seeing the movie.

I've enjoyed all the movies.

Funny thing I noted watching GOTG 2 the other day was Sly getting top billing over Kurt Russell the main antagonist of the movie. Sly was in the movie 15 seconds tops.

Shows u the ego Sly must have. If I'm him I'd be embarrassed by that.... guys give Kurt top billing for the love of God. I'm in the movie for 15 seconds. LOL

Just an awesome movie to me. Going to throw some random observations out about that last battle scene. They really did a great job of building the tension with the lineup that has to go against Thanos when he picks up the Stark gauntlet.

There is that great moment after Carol and Tony both got knocked aside that Thor steps up to Thanos and uses both the hammer and Stormbreaker against Thanos' blade- Cap jumps on Thanos' back and starts pulling Stormbreaker toward Thanos' throat while Thor is simultaneously pressing it. Thor with that lightning look in his eyes lets out a warcry when he first steps up to Thanos- pretty badass.

A nice touch too that I didn't notice is that when Carol faces off against Thanos after he puts the gauntlet on, she stops him from snapping almost mid-motion. Pulls the fingers apart and maintains a hold on the gauntlet. Thanos blasting her with the power stone when she was gaining the upperhand was awesomely done.

Then Strange with that look toward Tony and the indication of the one shot.

Just a really sick sequence overall there.

Back