Television AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER Live-Action Series (Renewed for Season 2 and 3)

Update: November 9, 2023

First Teaser Trailer for Netflix's Live-Action Reimagining of AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER

The four nations of the world once lived in harmony, with the Avatar, master of all four elements, keeping peace between them. But everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked and wiped out the Air Nomads, the first step taken by the firebenders towards conquering the world.

Looks pretty cool, though i don't see how they do multiple seasons without the kids hitting growth spurts at some point. Look at Stranger Things, the kids went from 10 to adult pretty quickly.

Please don’t fuck this up again. That trailer does look good though. The comedic element of the original show was completely lost on that god awful movie.

Looks like they did it well & are retelling the exact same story... which is fine if well done.

I didn't care for teh look on Zuko'z face as he walked through teh guards. He gave me vibez of being smug, but he was never that. I can overlook it, but hopefully they don't keep that vibe. He needz to be a rebellious & pissed off teen, but not smug.

Ang looks a little too "hardened" & emotionally involved. One of teh thingz that endeared me so much to him, is his playful side & teh fact that he has all this power but would rather ride his airball around (like he did in the intro to teh cartoon series) & crash into stuff & then lay their laughing about it. Hopefully they don't make Ang come off as "too serious" all teh time.

Just minor gripes that I can overlook, but I hope they at least try to portray that fun-loving innocence that made Ang such a likable character.

Just realize this comes out tomorrow. First time watching the trailer and it looks incredible. This could end up being really good.

The fire bending is kinda stupid looking. They are legit torching people like they have flame throwers, so I can't show it to my 5-year-old, but people just faint when they get torched like they got slapped, so it still looks stupid to adults. Fire that turns people off lol.

They should have made the fire bending like Ryu from Street Fighter and just have it be a telekinetic punch. Let the strongest like Osai burn people. Who did they make this show for?

I know it's canon from the cartoon, but I don't get how airbenders lose to firebenders, just blow out their flames/remove all the air from them/etc... Seems like the earthbenders would be strongest

The reviews are pretty mixed, not looking good. Still can't be anywhere as bad as the movie.

I know it's canon from the cartoon, but I don't get how airbenders lose to firebenders, just blow out their flames/remove all the air from them/etc... Seems like the earthbenders would be strongest

I mean air also feeds fire. It's all a matter of how powerful. Water puts out fire, but get the fire hot enough and it'll evaporate the water.

Is a show that could of been great if it was made TV MA. Having to dumb down everything for a pg rating like the anime is a turn off. One Piece pulled it off good.

Yeah.. Its a kids show.
In coop with Nickelodeon.

Throwing fire at people and they dont get burned. The airbender guy is a little bitch.
And damn Dani Pudi or what ever cant act.

It was nothing special.

A very expensive teen show
But it killed some time while doing my laundry

Back