Television AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER Live-Action Series (Renewed for Season 2 and 3)

This is a ridiculously difficult property to cast.

Only going to make one comment about this... Ang is a character who smiles 99.9% of the time and the scowl in this (ONE) pic is a bit off putting.

When I absolutely see this I'm going to go in with an open mind and a generous spirit, I don't envy them trying to satisfy Airbender fans.
I think Aang is about to fight the Fire Nation in that pic and that's why the seriousness. But I agree with you, hopefully Aang is portrayed as a happy-go-lucky kid most of the time.

it only needs to be 1% better than that shitty movie for me to watch, so i'm sure i'll be watching this.

Yep. Tbh I didn't hate.the girls were pretty.<Moves>

They called Ang Ong like ong bak. They butchered some stuff.i still liked it overall.

Hope they pull it off better than the terrible M. Night movie version. The animated series was one of the best cartoons ever made and it deserved a better live-action adaptation.
Right? He complained about the pronunciation of the names and decided to change them all. Every fan of that show had to grind their teeth every time they called Ang "ong"

As annoying as the names were, some of the other aspects of the movie were downright comical. The 5 earthbenders doing a tai chi dance should have been a group effort of something more monumental. instead, they threw a rock the size of a frying pan slower than my daughter can underhand pitch a softball....
LOLEARTHBENDING.gif

Right? He complained about the pronunciation of the names and decided to change them all. Every fan of that show had to grind their teeth every time they called Ang "ong"

As annoying as the names were, some of the other aspects of the movie were downright comical. The 5 earthbenders doing a tai chi dance should have been a group effort of something more monumental. instead, they threw a rock the size of a frying pan slower than my daughter can underhand pitch a softball....
LOLEARTHBENDING.gif
Lol that scene is just so cringey and bad. Like Ed Wood level bad.

Lol that scene is just so cringey and bad. Like Ed Wood level bad.
It's hard to describe how badly that movie disappointed me . Enraged me actually.

The trailer made it look like the characters were cast well, they would stick closely to the source material, and that the special effects would be oh so good for action sequences. It was an epic level fail.

I went in thinking the worst thing I would have to deal with is M night throwing some horror type swerve where Bruce willis shows up. He actually stuck to the source material but managed to make it unwatchable due to being comically inept at directing.

I went into the dark tower knowing it would likely suck so at least I was mentally prepared.

Skip the pointless movie, and watch the SPECTACULAR animated series.

Seriously.

A friend recommended it and I tried it. I almost stopped, because a lot of the humour is aimed at children, but I'm telling you, this story is much-watch television. The story is epic, the characters are rich and dynamic, and the writing is sensational.

Visually it's extraordinary. Each style of "bending" is fashioned after a traditional school of Chinese kung fu and it looks incredible.

People say the movie is bad not only because it's bad (it's so, so bad), but because they desecrated treasured source material. They lifted scenes right from the series and filmed them with less of a budget than I could have raised. Not only that, the film was subjected to post-production 3D treatment, so it looks like complete excrement.

This show is frivolous and childish at times, but it has a dark, intense soul. The characters are human, make mistakes, and let you down, but you loved them more for it.

If you've ever trusted me about anything, watch this show. Watch this incredible, beautiful show.

10-Aang.jpg
But did you like the legend of Korra?

Took me a few episodes to get into and i wasnt digging the different vibe, then I got into it

The comic was fun too. I read it because I had to hear the answer.....what happened to Zuko's mother lol

But did you like the legend of Korra?

Took me a few episodes to get into and i wasnt digging the different vibe, then I got into it

The comic was fun too. I read it because I had to hear the answer.....what happened to Zuko's mother lol

I didn't like it at first but it got a lot better over the seasons and finished strong.

Update: October 17, 2023

First Images of Iroh, Azula, Zhao and Fire Lord Ozai in Netflix's AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER Live-Action Series

Daniel Dae Kim as Fire Lord Ozai
Daniel-Dae-Kim-as-Fire-Lord-Ozai-first-look-photo-from-Netflix-live-action-avatar-the-last-airbender-series.jpg

Paul Sun-Hyung Lee as Uncle Iroh
Paul-Sun-Hyung-as-General-and-Uncle-Iroh-first-look-photo-from-Netflix-live-action-avatar-the-last-airbender-series.jpg

Elizabeth Yu as Princess Azula
Elizabeth-Yu-as-Princess-Azula-in-first-look-photo-from-Netflix-live-action-avatar-the-last-airbender-series.jpg

Ken Leung as Commander Zhao
Ken-Leung-in-first-look-photo-from-Netflix-live-action-avatar-the-last-airbender-series.jpg

Dallas Liu as Prince Zuko
Dallas-Liu-as-Prince-Zuko-first-look-photo-from-Netflix-live-action-avatar-the-last-airbender-series.jpg

Update: October 17, 2023

First Images of Iroh, Azula, Zhao and Fire Lord Ozai in Netflix's AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER Live-Action Series

Daniel Dae Kim as Fire Lord Ozai
Daniel-Dae-Kim-as-Fire-Lord-Ozai-first-look-photo-from-Netflix-live-action-avatar-the-last-airbender-series.jpg

Paul Sun-Hyung Lee as Uncle Iroh
Paul-Sun-Hyung-as-General-and-Uncle-Iroh-first-look-photo-from-Netflix-live-action-avatar-the-last-airbender-series.jpg

Elizabeth Yu as Princess Azula
Elizabeth-Yu-as-Princess-Azula-in-first-look-photo-from-Netflix-live-action-avatar-the-last-airbender-series.jpg

Ken Leung as Commander Zhao
Ken-Leung-in-first-look-photo-from-Netflix-live-action-avatar-the-last-airbender-series.jpg

Dallas Liu as Prince Zuko
Dallas-Liu-as-Prince-Zuko-first-look-photo-from-Netflix-live-action-avatar-the-last-airbender-series.jpg
Made with fucking love, it looks like

Even if the show is good its a remake we know whats going to happen and its impossible for me to get excited about seeing a 60 episode story go down exactly the same way I know it will. They should tell new stories in the universe. Even if they stick to Aang and the orignal gang there's like 50 years of room to tell new stories.

Yeah for sure, it will benefit from low expectations. At this point when I finally get around to it, as long as it doesn’t actually give me legit real-life AIDS, then it can’t possible be as bad as people say.

Just watch the animated show. Do not watch the live action movie under any circumstances.

Even if the show is good its a remake we know whats going to happen and its impossible for me to get excited about seeing a 60 episode story go down exactly the same way I know it will. They should tell new stories in the universe. Even if they stick to Aang and the orignal gang there's like 50 years of room to tell new stories.
I agree and disagree. You would have to think that they might switch something up a little bit…..right?

I agree and disagree. You would have to think that they might switch something up a little bit…..right?

There is no chance it goes unchanged. The humanization of the fire nation. The side stories. The way Jet was dropped. Iroh being gone for so many episodes. The patriarchy of the White Lotus. Azula losing. There is a lot of stuff that there is just no shot the new writers will stand for.

Most remakes really don't. TWD is really the only remake I think of where you didn't know who was going to live and die going in. And that was adapting a comic book. Its going to be the same overarching story with the same outcomes for all the major characters.

Back