Attn:boxing forum regulars re- Mathysse/Garcia

Garcia's low blows were beautiful

and causing a swollen eye from headbutts? Ingenious!
Mathysse was as much to blame for the butts as Garcia. Don't be butthurt.

Its funny how no one ever complained about Mathysse smacking people on the back of the head but he gets hit with a low blow its another story.

Mathysse was one dimensional and sloppy and got worked. Just as some of us predicted.

I thought Garcia was always edging in front, but there was a point when I thought Matthysse was coming on really strong and won a couple of rounds in a row, then the KD happened and Garcia got back into the fight.

Great fight though, loved it. The last 10 seconds of the fight was brutal.

I thought Mathysse did good work in many rounds but only saw a few where I thought he actually did more than Garcia.

Someone needs to gif that last sequence.

Fight was close, judges had it 114-112, and there are even some respectable people online who had it for Matthysse..

Matthysse arguable won 4- of the first 6 rds. Then he won the 10th and maybe the 12th.

People saw what Garcia did after the eye swelled up and call it a schooling. It's a shame his eye swelled up like that. Changed the fight. Lucas completely disengaged for like 3 rds.

I had it 4-2 for Matthysse going into the 7th, the eye changed the fight completely. Whether it was by headbutts or by the jab, that eye completely changed the fight and Garcia took over quickly.

Both fighters really fought the same way, I didn't see a big change from either of them. Garcia has a hell of a chin.

I had it 114-112 for Garcia. It was a big victory for him. But if he's thinking of fighting Floyd next... he has no chance.

All I have to say is.

While they were both at fault for the constant head butts, Garcia landed so many low blows...

so many.

Well, I was wrong, props to Seano for picking right

How was the fight by the way? I didn't get to see it. I heard it was competitive but clear cut.

How was the fight by the way? I didn't get to see it. I heard it was competitive but clear cut.

Clear but close win. Like Matthysse beating Alexander.

By the way, seano, dont disrespect or downplay matthyse, he's probably Danny's best win

Great fight. Not as explosive as some hoped but a great fight IMO.

I thought it was competitive but not really close in scoring. I gave Mathysse 3 rounds with one or two that were close, I think,but we all see fights differently.

By the way, seano, dont disrespect or downplay matthyse, he's probably Danny's best win

I never did. I got accused of it because I picked Garcia. Thats why I made this smug thread.

I don't care for Mathysse's style and I think he's sloppy but I've always given him credit as a fighter.

I'd like to see Garcia fight the winner of Broner-Maidana. But I think its just because I want Broner to lose sooner rather than later.

I'd like to see Garcia fight the winner of Broner-Maidana. But I think its just because I want Broner to lose sooner rather than later.

Garcia and Broner are friends and Garcia has said he doesn't want that fight.

All fighters of the Al Haymon stable of the same weight class are friends

...how convenient

Mathysse and Garcia were both Haymon fighters.

Matthysse was picked up by AH after the Ajose fight I beleive, from there on he was only infiltrated so he can lose to Garcia

DSG was incredibly impressive last night and put in the best performance of his life. Congratulations to him, and I look forward to the rematch.

Matthysse was picked up by AH after the Ajose fight I beleive, from there on he was only infiltrated so he can lose to Garcia

Mathysse was heavily favored going into this fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back