Attn:boxing forum regulars re- Mathysse/Garcia

Seano

Hands of bone
@plutonium
Reaction score
atNvAkW.gif

Please mods, let me have thisfor a while.

Told you guys, power isn't enough.

It was odd the closer this fight got the more I liked Garcia, part one of my parlay is done, Mayweather just needs to finish it out

Seano you win me money quite a bit.

your the king
i was wrong
garcia was the better man tonight

i look forward to the rematch

Good job.

And good job Garcia. I thought Matthyse had him but also figured Garcia would outbox to a decision. Not that surprised it was Garcia's night.

Garcia did pretty good...

... considering he headbutted Matthysse every time he engaged the clinch, and he engaged it a lot.

Not only that, he should have had points taken away for low blows sooner.

You know, every fight breakdown I saw for this fight acknowledged that Garcia was better at everything and then they'd say "Mathysse really hits hard though, Mathysse by KO."

Lots of boxers hit hard. You need more than a big punch at the highest level.

Garcia did pretty good...

... considering he headbutted Matthysse every time he engaged the clinch, and he engaged it a lot.

Not only that, he should have had points taken away for low blows sooner.

No problem with Mathysse clubbing the back of the head repeatedly though?

Lucas has always been overrated on these boards... Garcia deserves more credit but Lucas is a perfect style match up for him... he is at perfect range for Danny. I think someone that fights in the phone booth or a boxer/mover will beat danny

No problem with Mathysse clubbing the back of the head repeatedly though?

Has a lot to do with Danny leaning in not wanting to get hit in the face, then saying that Matthysse was holding him down.

I kept saying Lucas would KO him but at the last minute put 3k of hard earned vcash on a Mayweather/Garcia parlay so can I have half a shout out :D.

I'm just giving Danny and Seano a hard time. He beats Matthysse every time, regardless.

Someone sig betted with me aswell about not posting in the section anymore....But I don't really care through...Do whatever you want it's all just fun to watch and view the fights.

atNvAkW.gif

Please mods, let me have thisfor a while.

Told you guys, power isn't enough.

^ That. For me the most poignant moment of the fight was on the so called Knock down. As you and others (myself included) have said Lucas swings wildly and leaves himself off balance, That came to pass tonight. Had that not transpired Matthysse could have possibly walked away with a draw or better. He got out boxed and out fought by the better man on this night.

Back