Attn:boxing forum regulars re- Mathysse/Garcia

I put $ on Garcia. I thought it was a close fight, Garcia came on strong late. Hopefully he'll get more recognition now

That judge is only right right when you want her to be. I fully except that. Fully.

Come on. You guys are really this sore because your guy lost? I thought this thread would be fun, not a bitchfest.

Am I the only one who thought it was a close fight. I think the two judges who had it 115-113 or 115-112 were right.

I think it deserves a rematch with the whole eye drama.

And like I said. I didn't and still don't see anything in Garcia I like. But it's truly impossible to deny. The dude has something he des in every fight where he pulls it out.

Too bad Matthysse got knocked down in the 11th. He was winning that rd. A 3 point turn around completely changes the scoring for the fight.

Props to Garcia, I initially picked him to outbox Matthysse, but then I bought into the knockout hype and changed my pick. Bad move obviously. Garcia won that fair and square.

Garcia worthy winner, but I'd still like to see them do it again.

I said before if Danny won I'd give him his due credit and here I am giving him his credit. I didn't think he had the boxing skills to be able to outbox Matthysse and I didn't think his chin would hold up to the shots that Matthysse would inevitably land. He proved me wrong on both counts.

I'm still a huge Matthysse fan and this fight doesn't mean he's overhyped. The guy is a great fighter and I'll always root for him. However tonight Danny was the better man, and he deserves credit for being the best 140lber in the world. No excuses from me, he put on a great performance.

This times a million. Both fighters fought a great fight and it was a pleasure to watch them compete and maintain composure under the pressure of the bombs that were being thrown. The fight went as expected in terms of the game plans of both fighters, However, what was surprising to me was Garcia's ability to eat some of the shots Mattysse landed on his chin and maintain his pace. I picked Lucas to win this fight because I anticipated that he would eventually be worn down by Mattysse's power but he took the punishment and kept picking his spots and throwing back intelligently.

I would love to see a rematch as both were game on the night, Lucas being stronger early and Garcia and coming on strong during the later rounds. In conclusion, Both fighters displayed great heart and skills but Garcia reigns supreme in the division and is one hell of a boxer/Warrior.

Last edited:
fading KO artists against elite fighters is easy money.

atNvAkW.gif

Please mods, let me have thisfor a while.

Told you guys, power isn't enough.

Props, sir. I said I'm a sucker for power and that's why I was leaning Lucas, but I knew Danny was legit in this one and when I saw the odds I was stacking vdollars on Garcia by KO/TKO at 6.50. I just assumed he was going to have to stop Lucas to win and very well might do it. I would have been vrich.

Are Seano and me the only regulars that picked Garcia?

This card offically ended my losing streak! Fuck yes!

There were a handful, I think.

I picked him, too.

Yes, you were dead-on Garcia as well.

On a side note, WTF with the boxing forum? I know some of you were warning pre-fight, but I don't remember it this messy for a long while.

Garcia's low blows were beautiful

and causing a swollen eye from headbutts? Ingenious!

To be fair, I thought even if Matthysse couldn't knock him out, he would still have a pretty good chance of taking it on points. The eye knocked his spirit and Garcia's persistence kept it him at bay for a lot of the rounds. I was very impressed with how tough Garcia was, that kid knows how to fight.

I would definitely like to see a rematch, I thought it was a pretty close fight.

To be fair, I thought even if Matthysse couldn't knock him out, he would still have a pretty good chance of taking it on points. The eye knocked his spirit and Garcia's persistence kept it him at bay for a lot of the rounds. I was very impressed with how tough Garcia was, that kid knows how to fight.

I would definitely like to see a rematch, I thought it was a pretty close fight.

Agreed, ill go back and rescore it but I thought it was 6-6 or 7-5 type of fight with the point and knockdown cancelling out

I thought Garcia was always edging in front, but there was a point when I thought Matthysse was coming on really strong and won a couple of rounds in a row, then the KD happened and Garcia got back into the fight.

Great fight though, loved it. The last 10 seconds of the fight was brutal.

I'll give him credit for not being too scared

He clinched a lot which bugged me too

Its true, low blows, smothering and whatnot...but Matthysse had nothing for him save a few moments...disagree with those wanting to see a rematch, nothing Matthysse did would warrant a rematch.

Back