Atlanta Falcons head coach uses Rousey to motivate his players

I understand why the UFC is going overboard with the promotion of Rousey. I can't understand why hardcore fans can't get past it.

Because it's condescending to have straight bullshit shoved down your throat every minute of an event that I just paid 60 dollars for.

You want me to pay 60 bucks for your performance, I am going to judge your performance. Fuck your accomplishments, that's my money going into your pocket, if I feel your not worth my money I'll say so.

I could care less what you think about Ronda Rousey. If you want to sit in the corner and pout while the rest of the world has fun, be my guest. But there is nothing sensible about calling Tate or McMann a can. It's a stupid comment and you are endorsing it.

I could care less what you think about Ronda Rousey. If you want to sit in the corner and pout while the rest of the world has fun, be my guest. But there is nothing sensible about calling Tate or McMann a can. It's a stupid comment and you are endorsing it.

I've been watching MMA for over a decade, and I know high-level MMA when I see it. They may not be cans but they are far from elite, yet they are promoted as such, priced as such, and take up space on cards as though they are such.

Ronda does not only crush cans. Tate, Zingano, McMann,and Davis are all good wins. I don't know much about Carmoushe, but she certainly seemed game.

Like most avid MMA fans, you are too eager to shit on someone's accomplishments.

All fighters with horrible fight IQs that more or less ran directly in a straight line at Ronda and were surprised by the consequences. There is not a shred of gameplanning or ring generalship in women's MMA.

Because it's condescending to have straight bullshit shoved down your throat every minute of an event that I just paid 60 dollars for.

No. It isn't. It's promotion, and an awful lot of promotion is bullshit. You know how many bullshit ad claims people see or hear everyday but manage to ignore? You are taking Rousey's success and the UFC's exaggerated promotion of her too personally.

I've been watching MMA for over a decade, and I know high-level MMA when I see it. They may not be cans but they are far from elite, yet they are promoted as such, priced as such, and take up space on cards as though they are such.

We agree.

All fighters with horrible fight IQs that more or less ran directly in a straight line at Ronda and were surprised by the consequences. There is not a shred of gameplanning or ring generalship in women's MMA.

Been reading Jack Slack I see. I think he is right that there is too little ring generalship in WMMA, but that lack alone does not turn good fighters into cans.

Tate is trained by her boyfriend, has zero finishes in the UFC, has absolutely no ability to fight with a game plan, and has already been destroyed by Ronda twice. Now we're being sold a bill of goods that there is some reason to think that a third fight may end differently.

Tate is trained by her boyfriend, has zero finishes in the UFC, has absolutely no ability to fight with a game plan, and has already been destroyed by Ronda twice. Now we're being sold a bill of goods that there is some reason to think that a third fight may end differently.

Her boyfriend is a professional fighter. She wins almost all her fights that aren't against Rousey. Nobody is saying the third fight will be any different. Yet, that doesn' make her a can.

Who Dat? Are you referring to the team that lost twice to the awful Falcons last season? And they were awful.

Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

Official Side-Door gunner on the Atlanta Falcons WarWagon!

Been reading Jack Slack I see. I think he is right that there is too little ring generalship in WMMA, but that lack alone does not turn good fighters into cans.

Yes, I've read his articles on this...but I thought the same thing for years.

Miesha in their second fight failed on every single takedown attempt. What does she do? Comes out again shooting for horrible takedowns without setting them up or anything.

Yes, I've read his articles on this...but I thought the same thing for years.

Miesha in their second fight failed on every single takedown attempt. What does she do? Comes out again shooting for horrible takedowns without setting them up or anything.

Meh, woman suck at logic and sports, what do you expect?

No. It isn't. It's promotion, and an awful lot of promotion is bullshit. You know how many bullshit ad claims people see or hear everyday but manage to ignore? You are taking Rousey's success and the UFC's exaggerated promotion of her too personally.

I don't lose sleep over it. Why shouldn't I call out bullshit.

I hop on here this morning and there is fucking 10 threads about Rousey, who isn't a great fighter, and has no competition in a made up division.

WMMA (which has no talent compared to real MMA) is displacing discussion about real MMA fighters with skill. This is a problem.

There are some things that Rhonda says/does that are applicable to all sports.

Confidence, knowing you've outworked your opponent, etc etc.

She has a "winner's attitude", which in most cases of life makes for an asshole, but in athletics you sometimes need to convince yourself you're capable.

Meh, woman suck at logic and sports, what do you expect?

I'm not trying to go down that road, because then people will just dismiss me as some sexist jackass.

The truth is though that WMMA could best be described as a "semi-technical cat fight" (saw someone else say that in another thread).

They generally come out the gates swinging for the fences, regardless of their opponents strengths/weakneses/etc, which is ironic because they have literally no knockout power at all.

Back