Atlanta Falcons head coach uses Rousey to motivate his players

There are some things that Rhonda says/does that are applicable to all sports.

Confidence, knowing you've outworked your opponent, etc etc.

She has a "winner's attitude", which in most cases of life makes for an asshole, but in athletics you sometimes need to convince yourself you're capable.

I think thats wrong, she has a pretty shitty attitude its her skills she has over her opponents that allow her to win.

There are some things that Rhonda says/does that are applicable to all sports.

Confidence, knowing you've outworked your opponent, etc etc.

She has a "winner's attitude", which in most cases of life makes for an asshole, but in athletics you sometimes need to convince yourself you're capable.

That's well and good for young girls to learn these lessons, but these are professional athletes in the NFL. Do you know how hard it is to make it to the NFL? Much harder than it is to make it to the UFC.

I'm not trying to go down that road, because then people will just dismiss me as some sexist jackass.

The truth is though that WMMA could best be described as a "semi-technical cat fight" (saw someone else say that in another thread).

They generally come out the gates swinging for the fences, regardless of their opponents strengths/weakneses/etc, which is ironic because they have literally no knockout power at all.

The only difference between Rousey's last fight and some worldstar cat fights was that Rousey and Bethe didn't pull each others hair.

really sums up the attitude of the internet woman haters

just can't comprehend how anybody could admire or look up to a woman for anything other than being a sex object huh

must be really hard to live in 21st century where your entire world is turned upside down haha

If you want to read that much into my post, then so be it.

Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

Official Side-Door gunner on the Atlanta Falcons WarWagon!

71aiX9Umr3L._SL1500_.jpg

All these guys need to succeed is a little self-confidence and motivation from seeing some chunky chick do well.

julio-jones-adam-jones-1d7571da8e0ee288.jpg

julio-jones-9784a82cb0fff8aa.jpg

JulioJonesInt-500x418.jpg

Discussing her very recent win by KO is not exactly a trivial point like your nose-picking quip seems to suggest you think it is. It was a big moment in MMA.

What I mean is so what that a coach referenced Ronda Rousey.

That's what coaches do. They try to motivate players. If he had used a different MMA fighter we probably wouldn't even know about it.

Back