• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

At What Point Does Size Matter?

There's more than one metric and they all matter in their own ways. Height, reach, weight.

If Fighter A is larger in 2-3 of these than Fighter B, he has a definite advantage.

Weight is a big deal if you're dealing with a wrestler. Reach is a big deal if you're dealing with a high level striker.

CCC is gonna get any sized life-long boxer to the floor eventually. Little man speed too fast, big man wont keep up w/circular movement….

I had a guy way smaller than me w more experience who had a hard time taking me down. Hed shoot at me and I could get my underhooks in and toss him away from me. There's other ways of course but that was one way he could not do it cos I was twice his size.
Yeah that's one of the easiest ways to defend vs a smaller fighter. For him to be trying for those type of take downs with that type of size difference just shows he doesn't have any real tactics/strategies for the size difference. You don't really go for doubles/singles vs fighters twice your size. You aren't doing power doubles or lifting them up off their feet. Plus their hips are way higher so you aren't getting the right leverage at all.

I see this all the time when fighters try moving up in weight or fighting taller fighters. They try the same take down attempts they use vs fighters their size and they can't get anything to work. They don't understand the leverage is different because of the height. Now add weight to that height and it's even harder. You can't fight fighters taller/heavier the same way you fight fighters that are similar size.

I clicked on this thinking TS was asking us for relationship advice.
It's not the size of the boat TS, it's the motion of the ocean, remember that, you're doing the best you can.

In every instance, when the subject of "size" comes up (pardon the pun), those who argue "technique" over "size" are always those who have a little pecker <Lmaoo><45>

Those of us who are well-endowed need say no more ... the presentation speaks for itself.

Anyone that has every rolled in BJJ will understand this. Many colored belts stay away from the bigger/heavier grapplers even if they are white belts and/or less skilled because of the weight difference. They understand that even though they are more technical they can't overcome the size/weight and get pancaked. You see it all the time during open rolling, they advanced level grapplers avoid the bigger/heavier beginner grapplers because they can't really work their game on them. Them avoiding them just makes them unable to ever adjust their styles to that size/weight difference.
Colored belts stay away because of freak injuries, it's pretty easy to beat untrained big people in BJJ unless there's an insane size difference like that video of Poirier vs Brian Shaw... even then Poirier would eventually win if he had to

Colored belts stay away because of freak injuries, it's pretty easy to beat untrained big people in BJJ unless there's an insane size difference like that video of Poirier vs Brian Shaw... even then Poirier would eventually win if he had to
It's not just about injuries, I've been in enough gyms to know they stay away from bigger/heavier grapplers/fighters because they get pancaked and they can't really do their techniques with them. All their technique goes out the window because they don't have the strength to do anything. These are white belts that are being avoided. So to think it's easy pickings from HW boxers is laughable in reality.

Logan Paul was literally laughing at floids punches. So yeah thats probably the Yard Stick
Thats a huge disparity there, but also the fact thats a retired boxer, that was never a puncher on an exhibition fight, Logan Paul wouldnt laugh at some of the current top LW's punches.

It's going to depend on the gir...I mean the athlete the less "smaller" man is getting physical with and how refined his "skills" are. How big are the hole(s) in between their legs...I mean in their game? How sensitive are they to pleasu...I mean pain?

Some guys are smaller but compensate with technique. Other guys are thicker and/or longe...I mean taller but are useless in the skills department.

Anything below ~5'10 or 5.1 inches (depending on what you are talking about) qualifies you as a manlet just FYI.

MpjMC.gif

It's not just about injuries, I've been in enough gyms to know they stay away from bigger/heavier grapplers/fighters because they get pancaked and they can't really do their techniques with them. All their technique goes out the window because they don't have the strength to do anything. These are white belts that are being avoided. So to think it's easy pickings from HW boxers is laughable in reality.
Yeah, I don't know about the HW Boxer thing, they're great athletes who probably have some exposure to grappling. It would be interesting to see Cejudo try to take one down though, I wouldn't be surprised if he could.

But as far as BJJ goes, I've never run into an untrained guy so big he could pancake me, or even get close to beating me lol. And I'm 5'7 150, and not some amazing BJJ prodigy.

The biggest athletic guy I trained with was around 6'2, 225, and the biggest fat guy was at least over 300 lbs... tough to say because he was super obese, but I still swept him and subbed him... it's really not that hard at least in a BJJ setting. Obviously, a street fight to the death is a different thing I'm not sure how that would go, but as far as in a BJJ gym it's not hard.

Really?
They didnt Had a Problem when a 49-0 floyd was cleared to Fight an 0-0 McGregor

Except that McGregor had extensive experience in pro combat sports, so his 0-0 in boxing was't that relevant. All Logan had was beating up some other Youtuber.

No comission was giving it a Green Light because of the weight difference.
Dosent mean it wasnt a real Fight
Lolol

Jake Paul: "Did Floyd let me survive?"

https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/ne...presses-as-exhibition-goes-the-distance/live/

Floyd Mayweather: "People have gotta know, there's a difference between a real fight and an exhibition. If it was a real fight it would have been a blowout in the first round."

It (very obviously) was not a real fight. It was a light sparring match.

If you honestly believe that it was a real fight, I suggest you go watch WWE. You will be amazed!

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't know about the HW Boxer thing, they're great athletes who probably have some exposure to grappling. It would be interesting to see Cejudo try to take one down though, I wouldn't be surprised if he could.

But as far as BJJ goes, I've never run into an untrained guy so big he could pancake me, or even get close to beating me lol. And I'm 5'7 150, and not some amazing BJJ prodigy.

The biggest athletic guy I trained with was around 6'2, 225, and the biggest fat guy was at least over 300 lbs... tough to say because he was super obese, but I still swept him and subbed him... it's really not that hard at least in a BJJ setting. Obviously, a street fight to the death is a different thing I'm not sure how that would go, but as far as in a BJJ gym it's not hard.
You have to keep in mind that the guy you are responding to is a complete fraud.

Back