At the local Irish Bar no one cheers for Conor

Ok, this is nothing scientific or measured but, we have a local bar here and I spoke to about a dozen people, including bartenders and every one of them want to see Conor lose a seond time. I asked them why and basically they all said they thought he was so full of himself they wanted him to get beat again. Draw your own conclusions.

You're absolutely spot on.

There's nothing scientific or measured about going to an American 'Irish Bar' full of people who claim they're Irish but have never set foot on Irish soil - and seeing how much they support an Irish fighter as some kind of significant indication of his worldwide support.

Ok, this is nothing scientific or measured but, we have a local bar here and I spoke to about a dozen people, including bartenders and every one of them want to see Conor lose a seond time. I asked them why and basically they all said they thought he was so full of himself they wanted him to get beat again. Draw your own conclusions.

I've the same experience.

I'm English and even I support McGregor. I expect most actual Irish people are fully behind him but don't go to Irish bars because they are in Ireland and therefore they are just called bars/pubs.

Ok then, i will take your word for it and apply that theory to the whole of Australia....

How do you start your post calling me a stupid kunt and finish by calling me mate?
You're Australian, you should know that 'cunt' and 'mate' are interchangeable.

Everybody loves him from my city in Australia. The pubs and clubs are all overflowing when he fights?

Where do you live? Everyone i know that follows mma in my area cant stand him.

tumblr_inline_o4rib0chsj1qfsomt_500.gif

Don't forget "sick".

Haha I was going to include that but haven't heard that used in a while now.
The show fat Pizza made that phrase take of overnight.

Probably culchies you were talking to.

People from Dublin are the superior race in Ireland and the rest of the country unwillingly look up to us, while we look down at them. But we don't like to brag about it.
Most likely in Cork Id say, everything Dublin is hated down there .

Conan O'brien seems to support Nate, it's not scientific but just sayin'

Fake Irishmen. But that's not something surprising, motherfuckers, cuz they b Murican.

I can believe it, begrudgery is rampant amongst the Irish, I generally like the Irish but this is a character flaw I've noticed in a lot of them. They hate other successful Irish people, for example their best ever soccer goal scorer Robbie Keane is hated by many Irish.

Hmmm. Spoken like a true.......Limerick man.

Look, you had the fortune of being Irish, but the misfortune of not being a Dub. :cool:

Though after watching those brother's that won the silver medal in the rowing, I sort of wish I was from Skibbereen.
Well if he is from Limerick no explanation needed, dont forget that place is such a shithole there was even talk of sending the army in to police certain parts of it not so long ago.

I can believe it, begrudgery is rampant amongst the Irish, I generally like the Irish but this is a character flaw I've noticed in a lot of them. They hate other successful Irish people, for example their best ever soccer goal scorer Robbie Keane is hated by many Irish.
This has nothing to do with specific races, nobody shits on their own better than the British media, they are famous for kicking their own when they are down.

Back