At the local Irish Bar no one cheers for Conor

ahhhhh the hating people for being successful again. Usually those people live rather dreadful lives don't ya think.

Either you misunderstood what I posted or you are accusing me of hating on people for being successful. If it's the latter...no I don't hate Conor or Ronda for being successful. Not even close.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

A mate of mine is from Dublin. He and his mates were always talking about Conor, now none of them give a shit. I think his fan base is mostly the plastic paddies.

Ok, this is nothing scientific or measured but, we have a local bar here and I spoke to about a dozen people, including bartenders and every one of them want to see Conor lose a seond time. I asked them why and basically they all said they thought he was so full of himself they wanted him to get beat again. Draw your own conclusions.

One would imagine that people from all walks of life like and dislike Conor Mcgregor.

At the end of the day, people having an opinion about you, good or bad, in this type of work is better than no opinion at all.

Tall poppy syndrome is an Australian way of life. You only have to look at Jarred Hayne as a recent example. The dude is ambitious as fark and people just shit on him...

I don't mind it, jarred maybe doesn't deserve it but idk I barely pay attention to NRL (how unaustralian right?), I'm thinking of mundine more, but when people think they are above everyone else and their shit don't stink the general public should definitely put them in their place.

A mate of mine is from Dublin. He and his mates were always talking about Conor, now none of them give a shit. I think his fan base is mostly the plastic paddies.
fairweather fans

I never used to like Bisping until say about 2-3 years ago. Being a loud mouth from the start can be unappealing to some fans, but if Conor's around for say five years id probably grow to like him

Irish don't like to see their friends become successful

#FakeIrish
#Cringe
#JustAmericanThings
#PlasticPaddy

McGregor isn't popular in Ireland anyway. He's popular with a slice of the population which is insecure / arrested development and identifies with his acting out.

I've also heard that a lot of Irish don't like him. One of my best friends is Irish & he can't stand Conor either.

Irish bar in America filled with confused Americans or Irish bar in Dublin? I can believe that people from Ireland don't really love him too much. He's very loud and cocky and his gimmick annoys a lot of people here.
Considering he called it an "Irish bar" and not a "pub in Ireland," I doubt he's in Ireland.

Noone cheers for him in my living room either.

don't worry i have plenty footage of irish bars cheering for him and all the ones in the arena, nice try tho

Because he is so arrogant and his ego is out on control, and all his trash talk is so low class. its not a good reflection. its embarrassing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back