• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Multiplatform Assassin’s Creed Shadows

Articles coming out today that Yasuke will have gay relationships in the game also. <lmao>

katt-williams-mmm.gif
In 1580s Japan.

Wow, they're really shoe-horning gay themes into literally anything.

Completely ignore he's a black male[/b] who's a foot taller than the average Japanese male.... and do I really need to be subtle about what I'm implying?

They really know how to milk a franchise

Almost COD esque

People are losing their minds over this game. Look at this video. People in the comment section losing it over a character being about to have homosexual relationships with NPCs. Even Rise of the Ronin allows you to romance males. Cyberpunk does this as well I believe. Isn't this just an RPG thing to have more options?

Am I missing something? This doesn't seem like a big deal to me... I don't know.

In 1580s Japan.

I think this might be some clickbait. Odyssey and Valhalla let you romance the same sex. It would be one thing if they're explicitly gay and going on about how gay they are in the game and lecturing you about how oppressed they are because of their gayness, but I have a feeling these headlines are being created over a feature that has been in the games for quite a while now. That being, they will just let you choose to romance whoever.

AC is an easy franchise to pick some out some features and act like it's a dedicated path in the game, when it simply just gives you options.

In 1580s Japan.

Completely ignore he's a black male[/b] who's a foot taller than the average Japanese male.... and do I really need to be subtle about what I'm implying?
Homosexuality was fairly acceptable in pre-Meiji Japan, ie until Western influence really started impacting Japanese culture.
Am I missing something? This doesn't seem like a big deal to me... I don't know.
It's the "but my history" bros imposing their perception of Western attitudes toward homosexuality with actual Japanese history and its fairly neutral stance on gay relationships during that period. The irony.

Said black guy wasn't a samurai.

Learn history and stop calling everyone racist bigots you whiny pussy.
Damnit Mack Yancy, watch the fights! No one cares. Black, blue, asian, wasian, whatever man. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Obviously they are going to flub details to SELL games. and apparently, that's what's selling.

Damnit Mack Yancy, watch the fights! No one cares. Black, blue, asian, wasian, whatever man. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Obviously they are going to flub details to SELL games. and apparently, that's what's selling.
I care. I can only enjoy entertainment when I am represented onscreen. Since I’m not a fictional gay black Japanese samurai, I reject this game outright.

hit, not even @GearSolidMetal is backing you up anymore, shit must be dire.

Haven't bothered with this thread in over a week because I already said what needed to be said.

'Someone who commonly agrees with you doesn't.' You're calling on a pack mentality to argue about video games.

Pretty Weak.
Borderline pathetic.

Haven't bothered with this thread in over a week because I already said what needed to be said.

'Someone who commonly agrees with you doesn't.' You're calling on a pack mentality to argue about video games.

Pretty Weak.
Borderline pathetic.

I asked you a direct question about Ashley in the Mass Effect thread. You appear to be shy when it came to my follow up.

I asked you a direct question about Ashley in the Mass Effect thread. You appear to be shy when it came to my follow up.

Shy? Bitch please.

You're obviously playing stupid, and you play stupid asking questions and expecting your ideological opponent to leave a hole in their argument you believe you can exploit. And when someone more intelligent than yourself catches onto your game, you call him 'shy.'

You believe yourself to have the moral high ground, and judging others arguments compared to yours. You think you're being clever, but most have caught on to your bullshit.

Back