Social Asian American rejected from 16/18 colleges despite 4.2 GPA and 1590 SAT score.

Ok, let's say it's above average. But it's not exceptional. It's not so above average than getting rejected is some unbelievable event.

A lot of above average people don't get what they want because there are a lot of above average people out there and there are a limited number of opportunities. I get that the American selling point is that if you work hard and outperform others, you will be granted opportunities. But that's a relative question, not an absolute. Harvard could fill their entire admissions class with kids who get 1550+ SAT scores. MIT probably can as well. At that score range, 1550-1600, differences are negligible and admissions turns on additional criteria.

That's why these stories are misleading, imo. Dude didn't rejected from JUCOs with those scores. He got rejected from programs with extremely high criteria to begin with. It's more emblematic of Americans not understanding just how competitive the landscape has become than a travesty of justice.

Maybe.
Dude wasn’t class president or on a sports team or kicking ass on the violin. For some reason they weigh that kind of stuff heavily.

<36>

Hey Mr. "Engineer", they're called "brakes."

Why don't you take another crack at high school and get back to me. Fucking dumbass.

Chronically unemployable. Everything related to being sharp with people is just compensating for the fact that you don't work and just spend everyday posting on forums. You don't need to be an asshole because you are unhappy with your station in life.

Last edited:
Chuds have been spamming this story everywhere since Elon Muskrat tweeted about it, claiming "the left hates Asians."

Besides for the fact that Application Departments are not exclusively run by "the left," Ivy league schools etc reject many students with a near perfect GPA and SAT scores. They are very difficult to get into. There is nothing notable about this story. Just culture war bullshit for the useful idiots to eat up.

Chronically unemployable. Everything related to being sharp with people is just compensating for the fact that you don't work and just spend everyday posting on forums. You don't need to be an asshole because you are unhappy with your station in life.

Bud, you're not fooling anyone. Your posts in this thread alone demonstrate that you're a complete idiot.

You can't even figure out who you're responding to. You spent about ten posts trying to argue with me without realizing you should be arguing with someone else. You then blamed a bizarre set of non-identical posts on "double tapping" and topped it all off by posting something completely irrelevant to the discussion. Meanwhile, you can barely read or write basic English and have contributed nothing that's actually useful. No offense but you have bigger things on your plate than worrying about me or how quickly I can fire off a post on Sherdog.

If you actually have a job then your employer should be slapped.

I'm not sure how you reconcile that with 53% supporting AA, but I didn't actually read that part.
How did you not read that part? It's not a long article, and YOU shared it ffs lol.
You just read to a part that you agreed with and quit? Lol

Bud, you're not fooling anyone. Your posts in this thread alone demonstrate that you're a complete idiot.

You can't even figure out who you're responding to. You spent about ten posts trying to argue with me without realizing you should be arguing with someone else. You then blamed a bizarre set of non-identical posts on "double tapping" and topped it all off by posting something completely irrelevant to the discussion. Meanwhile, you can barely read or write basic English and have contributed nothing that's actually useful. No offense but you have bigger things on your plate than worrying about me or how quickly I can fire off a post on Sherdog.

If you actually have a job then your employer should be slapped.

Why do you act like your superior to everyone when anyone can see from your post count you are unemployed or underemployed and just sit on a karate forum all day? It is a bit silly. I would laugh if I didn't just feel sorry for you and whatever issue you haven't worked out.

Maybe.
Dude wasn’t class president or on a sports team or kicking ass on the violin. For some reason they weigh that kind of stuff heavily.
Because these schools aren't just selling top notch educations. They're also selling their networks and the credibility that you gain from having gone there. And the applicants know this. They're not applying only for the education, they're applying for the advantages they think that the school will give them in the job market.

And that means when you leave the school and go out in the workforce, the school wants some assurance that you aren't some weirdo that hurts their brand. So, they look for other elements of the individual that speak to the type of person they're admitting, not just the intellect. The real world doesn't turn on intellect alone and so the schools take that into account.

I don't know anything about this specific kid. But his SAT scores and his GPA are not exceptional for the category that he's trying to get admitted into.

Why do you act like your superior to everyone when anyone can see from your post count you are unemployed or underemployed and just sit on a karate forum all day? It is a bit silly. I would laugh if I didn't just feel sorry for you and whatever issue you haven't worked out.

Bud, you're posting pretty furiously with a whole lot of anger. My only conclusion is that you're unemployed and have no life. Further evidence of your unemployment is your inability to read or write English and complete lack of reading comprehension skills.

Where do you want to go with this now? You started this idiotic discussion.

<36>

Bud, you're posting pretty furiously right now. My only conclusion is that you're unemployed. Further evidence of your unemployment is your inability to read or write English and complete lack of reading comprehension skills.

Where do you want to go with this now? You started this idiotic discussion.

<36>

I hope things turn around for you.

How did you not read that part? It's not a long article, and YOU shared it ffs lol.
You just read to a part that you agreed with and quit? Lol

I said in my first post that someone had posted the article on here earlier. I just quickly googled it and posted it.

Back