Social As NBA ratings mysteriously fall, UFC ratings rise.

that's because you don't understand basketball. Offense usually beats defense, but when somebody is an exceptional defender, it literally changes the momentum of the game massively.
Defense is a lost art in the NBA. Now it is just shoot shoot shoot and everyone taking 6 steps before traveling is called. Guys run a quarter of the court on 1 ball dribble.

Has anyone thought the reason ratings are down is simply because people have moved on from watching sports?

We have become accustomed to streaming movies and binge watching shows.

It's a combination. People have moved to streaming services, but others have been turned away by politics. On top of some people leaving TV behind due to losing jobs via COVID.

I don't think it's just one thing. Regardless. losing millions of viewers due to shoving one-sided politics down people's throats is still pretty significant.

Has anyone thought the reason ratings are down is simply because people have moved on from watching sports?

People are looked down and thirsty as fuck for sports, but they are boycotting the black supremacists who openly say they hate white people.

I will not watch pampered racists any more. Never again.

I bought the League Pass over ten times. Almost four grand. I went to hundreds of Kings games.

And I'm done. Just fucking done. Never. Again.

There is defense in the NBA? I thought that stopped in the late 90’s.

You'd be dead wrong. That's one of the most ridiculous myths that gets puked out repeatedly by old heads with revisionist history.

Get woke, go broke. Nobody cares for anyone’s stupid cause.

You can thank all the SJW’s, BLM, Antifa, looters, race baiters, cop haters, and professional “victims”, for your sport (Basketball, football, etc) dying. It’ll be interesting to see what it’s reduced to in the future. MMA is where it has and always will be at. Thank you, Dana, for not giving in to those scumbags.

Exactly. These sports organizations are more about woke politics and race-baiting now. Kinda like how MTV back then was about music videos then turned into a channel about reality shows and woke shit also, lol.

So basically, fuck 'em.

I can't hand out enough likes in this thread.

Yes, I think there's something to that. People have gone cold turkey since March. Some of those people picked up a hobby or otherwise filled the time they used to spend watching sports.

Defense is a lost art in the NBA. Now it is just shoot shoot shoot and everyone taking 6 steps before traveling is called. Guys run a quarter of the court on 1 ball dribble.
Yes and flop all the time. People act like lebron is some badass because he's big and muscular but he acts like a bitch if he's barely touched. Most of these guys do, they'll take one elbow and act like they've been shot. I bet 95% of them couldn't last in a real fight at all.

You'd be dead wrong. That's one of the most ridiculous myths that gets puked out repeatedly by old heads with revisionist history.
It was a joke, but mainly it is guys bombing 3’s until the playoffs. It is not nearly as physical as it once was.

go watch celtics vs raptors game 6 as a great example of why you're wrong. Though I agree travelling isn't called enough.

It was a joke, but mainly it is guys bombing 3’s until the playoffs. It is not nearly as physical as it once was.

The style of game has changed due to analytics, and I'd agree that it's less physical in general, but defense has evolved as well.

In fact, IIRC, teams scored more in the mythical Bulls Era than they do now.

I wonder if there will be ever be a time where the majority binge read instead of staring at a screen.

Last edited:

Also the fact there are so many damn commercials in sport games. I’m it dedicating 3 plus hours to watch any game.

go watch celtics vs raptors game 6 as a great example of why you're wrong. Though I agree travelling isn't called enough.

Either allow three full steps (the "gather step" is ridiculously subjective for refs to figure it out on the fly) or two full steps.

NBA rating have been going down for years but when people are surveyed the league is actually gaining in popularity. Plus it's very popular internationally.

This year is definitely different without the fans but I'm still enjoying the games.

Why should I care about professional sports at all in 2020? Sports used to entertain me. It provided a diversion from average life. Having played sports as a kid I could relate in some way to the players. Now it's a social platform where millionaires get to virtue signal about shit they aren't making personal sacrifices towards.

Call me when the people who are getting paid to kneel during the National Anthem get off of their asses during their own personal time and go on ride-alongs with Police in an effort to address "social issues". Until then I don't give a shit about the teams, the seasons, or the leagues.

NFL League minimum is $500k, MLB is 563K, NBA is 893K. If each player kicked in $100,000 / year there would be roughly $314,000,000 available for social programs. Imagine if head coaches and franchise owners contributed?

You could fund rec centers, pools, after school activities, jobs programs, technical training, or whatever throughout most major cities. But no, it's easier to appear on a commercial that the League pays for, maybe talk on ESPN, or simply kneel while you're on the clock getting paid. Pathetic.

Comparing numbers directly with the UFC is exponentially more *disingenuous*. NBA ratings were falling before 2020 due to their pandering to the CCP regardless of whatever rhetorical bullshit you come up with.

Whether you like it or not woketivism damages revenue generation for American businesses.

Lol no it's not. It's reality. The NBA is still MASSIVELY popular (arguably the second biggest sport worldwide) and MMA is still a fringe sport. The title of this thread and the whole thesis of "NBA is dying, MMA is rising" behind it are blatantly misleading and inaccurate.

The only people who push this narrative are people like you who clearly have an agenda and want it to be true. Anyone who spends 10 seconds looking at the actually number can see that.

Back