Social As NBA ratings mysteriously fall, UFC ratings rise.

The more Alpha's watch fights, the less they care about watching a ball go into a net.

hi-res-a283730ae62db2d4dc492718e553be6b_crop_north.jpg

Last edited:
My sister in law is huge into pro wrestling mostly AEW which imo is absolutely better than the wwe product from what shes shown me but the lack of crowd kills all the thrills. AEW has their roster as the crowd so u get some pop lol but their matches are nasty attitude era of the late 90s early 2000s
WWE rented out the orlando stadium and put monitors surrounding the ring. Looks cool as a visual but the pipe in crowd noise and almost no reaction from the webcam still doesn't make it enjoyable experience. They use WWE 2k crowd noise iirc.

https://itsgame7.com/as-nba-ratings-mysteriously-fall-ufc-ratings-rise/

“As the NBA continues to struggle to attract the sort of viewership it had last year, the UFC is seeing the opposite happen.

Despite meaningful postseason basketball being played on a daily basis, NBA Playoff viewership has dropped from 2.39 million average viewers in 2019 to 1.68 million in 2020. That is a 30 percent decline.

Meanwhile, the UFC’s four preliminary cards since the promotion returned from its COVID-inspired hiatus have done an average of 1.17 million viewers across ESPN and ESPN+. That number is up 30 percent from what pay-per-view preliminary cards did in 2019.

Mind you, UFC pay-per-view preliminary cards largely feature unknown or past-their-prime talents. It is unsurprising that, on average, NBA Playoff games would draw more viewers. What is significant, however, is the fact that average UFC ratings are trending upwards at a time when the NBA’s are trending downward.”
The true issue is that the nation is moving right politically. The Empathy Bubble has burst because the so-called "disadvantaged" have become rioters and protestors.

The NBA features an almost-exclusively-black league of millionaires who think they are political leaders (in between getting arrested for domestic violence and DUI).

The UFC is rugged individualists who pander to nothing but the Gods of War and Combat. This is appealing to the people who have lost interest in the woke sports mainstream.

The NBA is protesting today. Nobody cares. They can go to China and learn what racism really is.

Lmao joe rogan gets more views from his podcast then these two sports... let that sink in, Eddie bravo in 2020 is on par with nba rating wise
“look in to it”

NBA is awful with zero fans, basketball needs fans, its a huge part of the energy and atmosphere and excitement, when they shoot a hoop now its total silence, its nothing without the fans.

I believe team sports will suffer much more without any fans

Fuck the LA teams. Fuck the Warriors, basketball fans are happy as hell not to have them around.

Spoken by a hater. NBA ratings have always been high during a dynasty. The Bulls, Kobe and Shaq, LeBron with the Heat, the Warriors. And then immediately after those teams fall off there is a dip in the ratings.

NBA player are bunch of whining, spoiled rotten, rich brats. No one wants to see those kind of people. Those f-ing a--holes cry about everything.
I wouldn’t say most of them are. Many players have done so much for communities around the US and world. But there are entitled a-holes for sure.

lol what?
NBA teams sell out 15,000+ arenas for a full 80 game season @ $100+ a ticket. the players earn huge sums of money and generate global audience.

You're just a little right wing rat spewing what you want to think.
It would not now. If the attendance came back, it would still be mostly-empty. People have less money, the rich are leaving areas like SF and NYC (I am here, I see it) and regular people learned to live without woke millionaires.

Spoken by a hater. NBA ratings have always been high during a dynasty. The Bulls, Kobe and Shaq, LeBron with the Heat, the Warriors. And then immediately after those teams fall off there is a dip in the ratings.

That's because the fame and notoriety that goes along with such things brings in casuals and people who would never watch the sport otherwise. AKA it brings eyeballs that belong to people who aren't actually basketball fans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back