Social As NBA ratings mysteriously fall, UFC ratings rise.

No sports the same without the fans. Crowd reaction gets viewers to react as well. Fighting is slightly different though as if a casual sees a amazing 3 point shot with no crowd to cheer will be like meh but anyone sees a crazy ko and you get a holy shit reaction.

I know everyone hates pro wrestling here but it can be fun for a view here and there but if u watch a show now without the crowned its unbelievably terrible.
Without fans, other sports are shit. Straight up feels like practice. Fighting is too primal and barebones, can work without a crowd. You can't pass on such mean intention ridden violence on one another as a sparring session. Just feels different.

Wrestling without a crowd is THE worst, cause it's literally a show, a spectacle stemming from carny days.

I guess hockey's the only one that's fine without a crowd cause hockey sounds awesome. All the smashing into boards, stick hitting the puck, puck hitting the post, steel carving the ice - I lived next to an outdoors hockey ring for a while and enjoyed just listening to players practicing. Both cool looking and sounding sport.
That’s because Dana refuses to sell out with political SJW virtue signaling during UFC events.
But he doesn't discourage it, either. For the most part, UFC have been good by not forcing anything. Which always works better than the alternative.

We do have to wait through WMMA, though. But, you know, whatever.

Last edited:
Not sure why people in this thread are talking about crowds, there were barely any real crowds in most NBA regular season games. It’s 100% because of the political agenda in the broadcasters and promotion, it’s everywhere in the NBA, to the jerseys to the commentators, it’s insane. The UFC started as a politically incorrect sport and Dana has preserved that.
lol what?
NBA teams sell out 15,000+ arenas for a full 80 game season @ $100+ a ticket. the players earn huge sums of money and generate global audience.

You're just a little right wing rat spewing what you want to think.

So does this mean the ufc isn't losing in the ratings to Nascar, a charity golf match and The Last Dance anymore? Because that wasn't a good look.

Yes I know all of this, but my statement still rings true. It might not have started the downfall but it is certainly assisting in leading to it. Perfect example is the boycott today.

Being the only sport in town when it was probably brought an influx of new fans.
They messed up in my opinion not doing more advertising when they were legit the only sport on. Could have pulled big numbers. No need for ppv at the time. Put big cards on for free on ESPN would have drawn huge. Connor vs nate 3 on cable would.have drawn 10-15mill views.

I'm with you.
No sports the same without the fans. Crowd reaction gets viewers to react as well. Fighting is slightly different though as if a casual sees a amazing 3 point shot with no crowd to cheer will be like meh but anyone sees a crazy ko and you get a holy shit reaction.

I know everyone hates pro wrestling here but it can be fun for a view here and there but if u watch a show now without the crowned its unbelievably terrible.
I can't watch pro wrestling with no crowd at all. The crowd is apart of the show. With the ufc, the show is mostly the fighters so that's why it can thrive.

Not sure why people in this thread are talking about crowds, there were barely any real crowds in most NBA regular season games. It’s 100% because of the political agenda in the broadcasters and promotion, it’s everywhere in the NBA, to the jerseys to the commentators, it’s insane. The UFC started as a politically incorrect sport and Dana has preserved that.
It's refreshing. It's the closest thing to pure sport. It's amazing how much crap Dana was taking when he was trying to have events at the beginning of this so called 'pandemic'. It's the only thing left where you can just watch without all the garbage.

ratings were dipping even before that though. Nice narrative you got there, but the nba has been in a slump for years.

Folks are just ready for the finals after all this time. These playoffs are also missing GSW, who carried the league the last few years. Personally, I’m only truly interested in LAL vs LAC. The bubble is here to see if Lebron secures another chip.

Fuck the LA teams. Fuck the Warriors, basketball fans are happy as hell not to have them around.

Their political movement stance is leading to the nba’s downfall. They just boycotted all games today and possibly the season. UFC doesn’t buy into that stuff as an organization (individual fighters can still stand for what they believe in) and remains neutral.

NBA players can afford to boycott. UFC fighters can't.

ratings were dipping even before that though. Nice narrative you got there, but the nba has been in a slump for years.
With the decline in cable television, traditional sports like that are definitely becoming way less popular and relevant. I bet if you counted illegal stream views for the UFC it would be one of the most popular sports out there.

I'm with you.

I can't watch pro wrestling with no crowd at all. The crowd is apart of the show. With the ufc, the show is mostly the fighters so that's why it can thrive.
My sister in law is huge into pro wrestling mostly AEW which imo is absolutely better than the wwe product from what shes shown me but the lack of crowd kills all the thrills. AEW has their roster as the crowd so u get some pop lol but their matches are nasty attitude era of the late 90s early 2000s

NBA players can afford to boycott. UFC fighters can't.
That’s also true. That’s one thing that irks me also. We have tons of people out of work and living off of expiring unemployment, while these players voluntarily choose to sit out and still get paid.

Back