Social As NBA ratings mysteriously fall, UFC ratings rise.

https://itsgame7.com/as-nba-ratings-mysteriously-fall-ufc-ratings-rise/

“As the NBA continues to struggle to attract the sort of viewership it had last year, the UFC is seeing the opposite happen.

Despite meaningful postseason basketball being played on a daily basis, NBA Playoff viewership has dropped from 2.39 million average viewers in 2019 to 1.68 million in 2020. That is a 30 percent decline.

Meanwhile, the UFC’s four preliminary cards since the promotion returned from its COVID-inspired hiatus have done an average of 1.17 million viewers across ESPN and ESPN+. That number is up 30 percent from what pay-per-view preliminary cards did in 2019.

Mind you, UFC pay-per-view preliminary cards largely feature unknown or past-their-prime talents. It is unsurprising that, on average, NBA Playoff games would draw more viewers. What is significant, however, is the fact that average UFC ratings are trending upwards at a time when the NBA’s are trending downward.”

And the NBA went out and boycotted today but not showing up. I don't agree with doing that in the playoffs.

That’s because Dana refuses to sell out with political SJW virtue signaling during UFC events.
Politics should be kept out of sports. Left wingers and right wingers both love sports but when a business like NBA caters to a certain political audience it drives people away. At the same time they are pushing people over to the right.

Yup lol seriously though Its fucken amazing that UFC is thriving during a time of mass pandemics and social unrests.

UFC is fucken awesome. God bless the Bald Father Dana for keeping this train rolling with no bs. Just good fights.
Dana is awesome and honestly the past couple months have been more enjoyable than it's been in a long time.

Put a BLM emblem in the middle of the octagon like the NBA does and PPV buys will "inexplicably" nosedive. But logistics, amirite?

Spoken by a hater. NBA ratings have always been high during a dynasty. The Bulls, Kobe and Shaq, LeBron with the Heat, the Warriors. And then immediately after those teams fall off there is a dip in the ratings.
Not really, at least in terms of the recent trend. NBA ratings have been plummeting since 2012, smack dab in the middle of LeBron's Heatles tenure and on throughout the Warriors' run

That’s also true. That’s one thing that irks me also. We have tons of people out of work and living off of expiring unemployment, while these players voluntarily choose to sit out and still get paid.
When your boss is a billionaire and you sign a guaranteed contract, you can get paid regardless of your ability to work.

So far, the attendance hasn't changed.
Cdpo.gif

Apart from the political bullshit and the lack of a crowd the NBA has been rapidly declining for at least 5 years.

I used to be a huge NBA fan but the game has become almost unwatchable with the emphasis on the 3-ball, the soft rule changes that protect shooters, the increased flopping, the decline of the post-game and midrange shooting. Half the time it's just point guards dribbling up to half-court and launching threes. The new players are fantastic at what they do, it's just not as entertaining to watch. The younger fans have no idea it used to be way better.

Gotta love the "NBA ratings fall 'inexplicably' " articles.
I'm trying to be kind to these guys because I kind of understand their confusion so I want to be forgiving so I try to watch basketball but the heavy handed plight of the blacks at the hand of police is obnoxious. Even worse it's totally untrue. It is an outright lie.

Since the NBA has delved into race politics head first, it stands peculiar to me that they never address the rate/number that blacks murder blacks. It's so evil it's disgusting.

The average soyboy liberal protestor that these associations are caving to aren’t watching, buying tickets and buying merchandise. Piss off a portion of your audience who may not be diehard fans, and you’ll lose viewership.

UFC doesn’t get mixed in with the shit of it all.

Back