Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
June 21, 2013

Arnold Schwarzenegger to Star in Zombie Movie MAGGIE

Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Ten-050812-Dragonlord.jpg

Arnold Schwarzenegger is turning to the zombie world, signing on to star in and produce Maggie. The film, based on the Black List script by John Scott 3, is set at a time when a zombie virus which has spread across the country. Schwarzenegger, who recently closed a deal to appear in the fifth Terminator, will portray the father on a journey to help his daughter come to terms with her infection as she slowly becomes a zombie. The film will be directed by commercial director Henry Hobson. Production will commence in the fall. Chloe Moretz had been in negotiations last year to play the zombie lead but she is not appearing due to scheduling issues.

Schwarzenegger is showing no signs of slowing down as he continues ramping up his film career following his seven years as California governor. He will be seen in Lionsgate

Last edited:
Update: July 25, 2013

Abigail Breslin Joins Schwarzenegger in Zombie Pic MAGGIE

Abigail-Breslin-072513-Dragonlord.jpg

Abigail Breslin is joining Arnold Schwarzenegger in the world of the undead. The actress is in talks to star opposite Schwarzenegger in the zombie film Maggie, based on a Black List script from John Scott 3 about a father (Schwarzenegger) whose daughter, Maggie (Breslin), is infected by a walking-dead virus that has spread across the country. Chloe Grace Moretz was at one point in line to play the young girl. Commercial director Henry Hobson will helm Maggie, and production will start in the fall. Schwarzenegger is producing the film.

Breslin, who became an in-demand young actress following her starring role in Little Miss Sunshine, most recently starred opposite Halle Berry in the thriller The Call. She has a number of films in the can including franchise hopeful Ender's Game and The Weinstein Co.'s August: Osage County, which already is generating awards buzz.

Abigail Breslin to Star Opposite Arnold Schwarzenegger in Zombie Film 'Maggie'

I heard about Maggie years ago, Chloe Moretz was supposed to be in it or some shit...I was wondering what happened, must have gone into development hell I guess.

I heard about Maggie years ago, Chloe Moretz was supposed to be in it or some shit...I was wondering what happened, must have gone into development hell I guess.

what you looking for is "Carrie"

what you looking for is "Carrie"

Back in 2009/10 news broke about a zombie film about a young girl, played by Moretz, who is bitten, but rather than turning in mere hours, or days, it takes months. Essentially, it focuses on the struggle of a father, who has lost his wife, who must watch his daughter slowly die, taking care of her even though he knows there is no saving her, an internal struggle we have seen before, but never in this genre. I was super excited about it back then, and it just fell off the radar. This seems to be the same premise at least.

This was back before The Texas Killing Fields flopped, when Moretz was being cast in everything horror related.

Arnold needs to retire, he's just making a fool out of himself now. He's way too old to be an action star and whatever acting ability he had is gone now.

But don't get me wrong, I love Arnold, but I'll never go see one of these new movies he's in.

Arnold needs to retire, he's just making a fool out of himself now. He's way too old to be an action star and whatever acting ability he had is gone now.

But don't get me wrong, I love Arnold, but I'll never go see one of these new movies he's in.

ibrCPPnOfsvUyu.gif

Update: August 12, 2014

First Images from Zombie Drama MAGGIE Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger

A Midwestern farmer stays by the side of his beloved teenage daughter even as she slowly turns into a cannibalistic zombie, in this daring, genre-bending debut feature from director Henry Hobson. Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Abigail Breslin and Joely Richardson.

4k76oh.jpg

659uyr.jpg

11l4ime.jpg

Arnold actually looks like hes doing a fitting role looks and all. This could be awful, but at least hes not playing the jacked ex military guy when hes in his mid 60's.

Update: August 26, 2014

Schwarzenegger's Zombie Pic MAGGIE Picked Up By Lionsgate

Maggie-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-082614-Dragonlord.jpg

Press Release: In a preemptive deal prior to the start of the Toronto International Film Festival, Lionsgate has acquired the North American distribution rights to the apocalyptic thriller Maggie, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger (the Terminator and Expendables franchises), Academy Award-nominated Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine, Ender’s Game) and Joely Richardson (Nip/Tuck). The Black List script by John Scott 3 is directed by Henry Hobson. Lionsgate plans to release theatrically in North America in early 2015.

The film tells the story of a deadly zombie virus that has put a plague on the world. When Maggie, a vivacious young woman becomes infected, her father brings her home to let her be with their family. As Maggie’s condition worsens, their relationship is tested, a father’s love holding on stronger than the disease. This heart-wrenching twist on the zombie apocalypse puts a human face on an inexplicable horror.

Update: March 25, 2015

First Trailer for MAGGIE Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger

Maggie-Abigail-Breslin-032515-Dragonlord.jpg

Of the hundreds of title to have their world premieres at September

Looks pretty interesting. I, for one, have enjoyed most of Arnie's comeback films and it's saddened me that the public hasn't been supporting them at the box office. Escape Plan was disappointing, but The Last Stand and Sabotage are both quite underrated in my opinion.

will always watch anything with arnold in it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back