Media Arnold Allen: I deserved to win, no ill will towards Evloev, but "would have finished" it unless Goddard

These.

And these are the updated ones but the relevant parts are unchanged from the 2003 version for the most part.

"Cage/Ring Control (‘Plan C’) should only be needed when ALL other criteria are 100% even for both competitors. This will be an extremely rare occurrence."

“Legal blows that have immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute towards the end of the match with the IMMEDIATE weighing in more heavily than the cumulative impact."

"It shall be noted that a successful takedown is not merely a changing of position, but the establishment of an attack from the use of the takedown. Top and bottom position fighters are assessed more on the impactful/effective result of their actions, more so than their position"
But they are changed, because they're not scored on tiers, meaning things like control and aggression are scored alongside the effectiveness, and the old rules, which this fight was scored by clearly do state how takedowns do score

No. Watch the video. Allen physically lifts Evloev before each knee, not during or after. His fingertips barely scrape the canvass if at all, looks to be zero contact with the floor on 3 of the knees and minimal contact on the last one.
I'm working a bit slow today, I do have all 4 knees from 2 different angles, and I've only done this one so far, but the hand comes off the ground because of the contact.
PRZ6oK1.gif

Hand comes up because of the knee

Last edited:
It was a really close fight so Allen stock does not drop a lot.

I think Allen beats everybody ranked below him. They could maybe book him against the loser of Ortega/Yair.

Karen Bandido is waving paper and declaring the knee strikes illegal.
Movsar is a bad ass. Allen is a bad ass. Goddard is an MMA fighter.
They all know what happened.
We all know what happened.
Movsar did not ground himself. Instead, he tried the Karen way out and Allen smeshed him for it.

Movsar will train and fight. He will be in the company of other bad asses.

At the end of the day, all you can do in those situations is laugh and admit you pussed out and it didn't go like you hoped it would.
The problem of you thinking I'm a bitch is the fact that you can't listen to the multiple times I call the rule stupid, and that YOU are the one calling the fighter soft, while trying to save face right now by saying that Movsar is a bad ass, even though you're the one in the position judging him for taking advantage of the rule. This is because you're a moron.

How to fix Karen's rule problem?
Make it clear in some global unified rules somewhere:
"Bitch, if you wanna be grounded, drop down on your fucking knees. Otherwise, take what you get."
My problem? Sounds like it's Allen's problem since it lost him the fight.

There are unified rules. It's just a shame some places didn't still pick them up. If only there were some way of knowing what the rules are. Some kind of meeting or something before the event that could possibly clue you in to how you're supposed to conduct yourself told to you by some kind of specific representative from the place that's hosting the fights. If only there was some kind of

Yeah, like that

Last edited:
It was a close fight, in which Evloev edged
out 2/3.

Wasn’t Allens own corner telling him that he needs a finish before round 3? Delusional fans are influencing fighters opinion too much post fight.

It was a really close fight so Allen stock does not drop a lot.

I think Allen beats everybody ranked below him. They could maybe book him against the loser of Ortega/Yair.
I'm kinda still upset they fed him to Holloway. He had become #4 by beating #5 Kattar on a 12 fight win streak (10-0 in the UFC), and that's right when Volk decided he was moving up to be a new champ's first defense? But Yair and Emmett get the interim title shot? What the fuck.

I just want fighters to not foul each other, my guy. A fighter who knows his opponent is down can now make him not downed by his actions, like some people were arguing Allen was trying to do.

Frankly speaking, Allen should already know that a position like that is one where the opponent can be down, and if Allen can't figure it out, then he shouldn't knee the guy. As someone already said, they didn't think it was the intention. Why? Because he was throwing a blind strike. The call from Goddard would just be a courtesy, but the foul is still Allen's fault

I’m just saying having a ref “tell the fighter his opponent is down” is idiotic in concept, because by the time a fighter hears it his opponent might not be down.

The way to prevent fouls is to create clearly defined positions where there isn’t a “grey area” that needs ref instructions to dictate.

Allen pulled him off the mat while kneeing him, because like all fighters he knows the rule is obscene fighting workaround that is constantly exploited (fighters dropping to a knee or putting a hand down to prevent getting hit…just like in “real” fights lol).

How about instead of blaming him for throwing a logical strike from a logical position we change the rule so it’s actually logical?

Just my two cents.

@karen Bandido

Movsar WAS soft.
Happens to everyone every now and then.
Give him a time machine and tell him he can rerun it. See if he makes the same mistake twice.

Movsar IS a badass.
Trying to save face? WTF are you on about? Grasping at straws it seems.

i AM judging Movsar for attempting to "play that game" of fake grounding instead of choosing to either defend himself intelligently or drop to a knee to remove any doubt that he was grounded.
It's not a lifetime judgment.
It was a puss move that his friends will kid him about and that he is unlikely to repeat in the future.
He ate four Allen knees to the head and sat there dazed and bleeding while Goddard gave him a freebie. That's not a lesson that anyone is likely to forget, ever. Allen is not a 6 year old girl. That shit hurt, and is probably still sore today, plus Movsar probably is not stupid, so he probably knows that he has a limited number of concussions he can eat before he becomes stupid, and Allen just fed him one.

Props to Movsar for getting up and fighting after his ref rescue. Neither man quit. They went at it.

I'm a moron?
Honestly, it doesn't seem like I'm a moron.

I do like how you so willingly embraced the Karen moniker.
If the purse fits...

Kneeing Movsar in the head did not lose Allen the fight.
In fact, the knees were winning him the fight until Goddard intervened.

If the rules are different in some places than others, then we don't actually have any unified rules, do we?
Maybe your position would be improved if you referred to them as fake unified rules.

Keep waving that paper, so to speak.

No one is questioning what the Ontario rules were on that night.

The discussion persists because everyone hates the fake-grounding puss move because it gives fighters an incentive to do something other than intelligently defending themselves, and, because it leaves even the best refs in a truly difficult position as evidenced by the entire Allen-knee event, and, because it's a Karenpuss move.

If you want to be grounded, then get grounded.
Don't be swiping at the floor in some lame attempt at misusing a rule to avoid strikes while refusing to actually defend against the strikes.

Wave it boy.
Wave that paper.

It was a close fight, in which Evloev edged
out 2/3.

Wasn’t Allens own corner telling him that he needs a finish before round 3? Delusional fans are influencing fighters opinion too much post fight.

Meh. It was close fight that Allen edged out.

I'd rather have a corner tell a fighter he needs a knockout than have a corner tell a fighter what most corners seem to be telling their fighters, which is anything BUT what the fighter actually needs to be hearing, which is, "You are losing bud, so you better get your ass in there and put it on this guy."

the day this grounded knee bullshit goes away is the day MMA gets way better. Wreslters already have an overwhelming advantage with how much the rules favor them and how much the judges seemingly favor grappling over striking. This one hand down bullshit is something that's not needed at all.

Imagine being this much of a noob. Grapplers and wrestlers are at a vast disadvantage BECAUSE of the no grounded knee rules. How would you think Khabib or other wrestlers would use knees on the ground? Does it benefit their opponent? Really? lol
Also the simple fact there's rounds is a vast disadvantage for the wrestler and grappler, that alone is something that is and will never be equalized.
Strikers are heavily favored in this game, not just by the "premier" organization but also by the rules

Palm came up before knee landed. Only fingertips touching. Barely.

Palm was not "down because Movsar was grounded."
Palm was down because Movsar was "playing that game."
Palm was not down when knee landed.

Movsar was not grounded.
Movsar was backpedaling on his feet while swiping at the ground because Allen headlocked him and was driving him across the ring while kneeing him in the head.

All of this occurred because Movsar went for a single and lost it and paid the typical price, only Movsar tried to avoid the price by "playing that game."

Palm came up before knee landed. Only fingertips touching. Barely.
"A grounded opponent is any fighter who has more than just the soles of their feet on the ground. (i. e. could have one shin or one finger down to be considered a downed fighter)

Yes, that is what we all see. Thank you.

Palm was not "down because Movsar was grounded."
Palm was down because Movsar was "playing that game."
Palm was not down when knee landed.
Maybe you're obsessed with the palm because it's the only girlfriend you've ever had, but to a ref, that doesn't matter.

Movsar was not grounded.
He is by the definition the rules they fight by set, however much we both dislike it.

Movsar was backpedaling on his feet while swiping at the ground because Allen headlocked him and was driving him across the ring while kneeing him in the head.

All of this occurred because Movsar went for a single and lost it and paid the typical price, only Movsar tried to avoid the price by "playing that game."
Yeah, Movsar took damage by playing that game. And Allen's position was taking away because of that game. And it's not against the rules, despite how much you kept saying that it was.

@karen Bandido

Movsar WAS soft.
Happens to everyone every now and then.
Give him a time machine and tell him he can rerun it. See if he makes the same mistake twice.
That's fine. I didn't say he wasn't. I'm just calling out your hypocrisy.

Movsar IS a badass.
Trying to save face? WTF are you on about? Grasping at straws it seems.
Exhibit A. Remember that the reason you're calling me out in specific is because of how you were specifically calling Movsar a cheater. Do you remember that? You were saying that he broke the rules and you couldn't actually point that out when asked about it. Instead, you just took this bitch-made argument to this thread later and fully changed your tune. Ya hypocrite.

i AM judging Movsar for attempting to "play that game" of fake grounding instead of choosing to either defend himself intelligently or drop to a knee to remove any doubt that he was grounded.
It's not a lifetime judgment.
And I'm sure he doesn't give a shit. Losing would mean he gets less money, doesn't progress the way he would to get more money in future contracts, and doesn't get closer to a title shot, which could earn him more money and reputation. The fact that you repeatedly ignore the ruleset (an objective argument) so you can throw out your opinion of the man (a subjective argument) is something I'd imagine is totally lost on > 90% of fighters.

It was a puss move that his friends will kid him about and that he is unlikely to repeat in the future He ate four Allen knees to the head and sat there dazed and bleeding while Goddard gave him a freebie. That's not a lesson that anyone is likely to forget, ever. Allen is not a 6 year old girl. That shit hurt, and is probably still sore today, plus Movsar probably is not stupid, so he probably knows that he has a limited number of concussions he can eat before he becomes stupid, and Allen just fed him one.
Doubtful. If he is in a position to take advantage in the future then he, like most fighters, will try to have that advantage, and you speak from the perspective of someone who clearly hasn't trained or has never even pictured themself as a fighter.

Props to Movsar for getting up and fighting after his ref rescue. Neither man quit. They went at it.
Right, should be pretty easy for a cheater to continue, right?

I'm a moron?
Honestly, it doesn't seem like I'm a moron.
A moron would be unable to see that, yes.

I do like how you so willingly embraced the Karen moniker.
If the purse fits...
You came up with the name, because you want to bitch about something. You're angry at me because you had to run away from the last argument, because you're a bitch. You also called me it here without quoting or tagging me, because you're a bitch. And you continue to do it, because you're a bitch. And not once do you bring up any kind of objective argument to your hypocritical bullshit, because you're a bitch. So if someone fits the moniker, I think I got just the guy for it
ewtXFI6.gif

Kneeing Movsar in the head did not lose Allen the fight.
In fact, the knees were winning him the fight until Goddard intervened.
Ah, probably because they weren't legal. Yeah, fights get stopped when the illegal things happen. I think that's the main part that you intentionally keep missing.

If the rules are different in some places than others, then we don't actually have any unified rules, do we?
Maybe your position would be improved if you referred to them as fake unified rules.
No we don't. I've said that. Matter of fact, I've been the #1 poster in this forum reminding people that the rules aren't unified. They just happened to be called the unified rules. I didn't name them. But you're acting like I made and created them because you're a moron.

Keep waving that paper, so to speak.

No one is questioning what the Ontario rules were on that night.
You sure seem to be in ignorance of them, since you keep referring to them as if they don't exist.

The discussion persists because everyone hates the fake-grounding puss move because it gives fighters an incentive to do something other than intelligently defending themselves, and, because it leaves even the best refs in a truly difficult position as evidenced by the entire Allen-knee event, and, because it's a Karenpuss move.
Yeah, agreed. I've said that several times. But that's not why our discussion persists. Our discussion persists because of two main, already addressed points. 1) That you are a moron. & 2) That you are a bitch.

If you want to be grounded, then get grounded.
Don't be swiping at the floor in some lame attempt at misusing a rule to avoid strikes while refusing to actually defend against the strikes.
Heeey! You learned it's the rules! Congrats. Now this conversation can stop.

Wave it boy.
Wave that paper.
I'll be waving that paper like this
BuK.gif

I think they should do a rematch, fight was very close but the whole hand on the mat thing leaves a sour taste. They changed that rule, but not all commissions did, so its not even the same sport is it?.

To make matters worse I'm not even convinced his hand was on the mat when the knee landed, at some points his hand was barely on the mat and then it lifted slightly a couple of times.

I'd like to see a rematch next, it all feels very unfinished to me and not clear cut

The rule is dumb, but that's obviously wrong. It's very clear the hand was down when he made impact on some of them. But he certainly has a point about possibly taking round one as well.
I used to agree with Arnold but you showed me in another thread it's really Ontario's fault because they don't follow the universal rules. It sucks when commissions won't get on board with the best options.

I used to agree with Arnold but you showed me in another thread it's really Ontario's fault because they don't follow the universal rules. It sucks when commissions won't get on board with the best options.
It's a fucked up system. There is no overarching enforcing body to make the commissions all get on the same page. I can see how it is their house though, so they make the rules. Even the representatives of those commissions realize the failing too. The Ontario rep called themselves "behind the times." It's all red tape bullshit. It's like, I do think NJ made a good point when they told the ABC about the fuckups that the unified rules caused, but it's not like NJ did it by defending a better system.

California right now is pitching a less grounded rule. They're also running their weight monitoring program that includes day-of weights and consequence for extreme rehydrating. They've also got a pension system voted in. So they'd be a great example to take across the board, but then they also ban oblique kicks, which a bunch of fans hate. So it's just, no one is gonna get on the same page.

Honestly, I don't think there is an answer. The BEST that anyone can do is try to overhaul the system in a way that it is the commission's job to have the most general rulesets, which the promotions dictate the stricter rulesets. It's like how, Colorado allows knees to a grounded opponent, but I'm fairly certain if the UFC is there, it's still not allowed because of the UFC's rules. It should always be the case that the more specific the enforcement becomes, so should the rules become more specific, but right now it's just, what the commission says, goes. And if you're a fighter, you have to be cognizant of that

Imagine being this much of a noob. Grapplers and wrestlers are at a vast disadvantage BECAUSE of the no grounded knee rules. How would you think Khabib or other wrestlers would use knees on the ground? Does it benefit their opponent? Really? lol
Also the simple fact there's rounds is a vast disadvantage for the wrestler and grappler, that alone is something that is and will never be equalized.
Strikers are heavily favored in this game, not just by the "premier" organization but also by the rules
You can knee an opponent on the ground. Just not to the head. And you're the one calling me a noob. You're pretty fucking stupid.

You can knee an opponent on the ground. Just not to the head. And you're the one calling me a noob. You're pretty fucking stupid.

Yeah and who would use knees to grounded opponents? The guys in dominant positions. Wrestlers.
Upkicks to grounded opponents would benefit strikers.

Yeah and who would use knees to grounded opponents? The guys in dominant positions. Wrestlers.
Upkicks to grounded opponents would benefit strikers.
Lol trying to knee someone in the head on the ground how Khabib and Islam grapple?? Seems like a brilliant way to lose your position.

Stop posting, you're too dumb for this.

Unless someone can provide a still shot, it was clear he lifted evloevs hand before kneeing. He has a point

Unless someone can provide a still shot, it was clear he lifted evloevs hand before kneeing. He has a point
Video's in the thread. Still shots aren't great because people will argue that there is a frame before or after where this contact started and this contact stopped, etc etc, so I did a video that froze on the frames for context.

Back