• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Arman Tsarukyan vs Renato Moicano set for Apr. 29 (main-event)

Who wins?

• Total voters
Moicano is a bad dude and has fought the who's who at both FW and LW but you have to favor Armen.

Honestly feel bad for Moicano in this one. Fought both RDA and Fiziev in his last 5 outings, currently on a 4-2 run at lightweight, one fight win streak.

Arman is 6-2 in the division, a decision loss to the current champion an a controversial, pick-em decision loss to Gamrot. Honestly Arman should be fighting someone up the rankings.

Should be a fun fight but I think lopsided.

Doing great! 41 days sober, trying to get back in shape and improve myself mentally and physically. Feeling positive

How about you?

That's awesome sir, first year is the hardest but I promise it gets better and easier brother.

Im alright man, just making it to the next day is cool.
Now I'm waiting for some good weather so I can accomplish something lol.

This is the fight many predicted, good shit. Tsarukyan beats him up IMO, I can see Moicano looking like he's been run over by a truck after 5 rounds.

Hedging a win, either via finish or decision, because of submissions in scrambles, is a hard sell.

What Moicano has shown (and a lot of Brazilians have started to develop) is a killer RNC from a back-take. This is because wrestling-schooled fighters will often expose their backs when standing up. But to get to that submission you... you know... have to be in position to jump on the back! Is Moicano ever going to get into that position with Arman?

There is a mechanical nature to Arman's striking that I don't like. Arman can't crack high-level guys as dynamically as you first pressume. Compare Dariush murderbolting Mateusz to what Arman managed to achieve, for instance.

Gamrot was able to fend Arman off and survive with just a jab and takedown. That bodes well for Moicano, who also does the jab. But Moicano is nowhere near as fast-handed or fleet-footed as Gamrot, or as athletic/durable. All his physical attributes are worse save for reach.

Arman is going to win cuz of athleticism.

Arman's athleticism fades half way through the fight in my opinion. He also gives up his back often when people offensively wrestle him, and moicano does go for his own takedowns and back takes against the cage often. Imagine if Moicano lands in full mount the way islam and ismagulov did?

Honestly, I see Moicano as the better striker, longer striker, better mat grappler, and possibly even better cardio. He's just more dangerous everywhere in my opinion. Arman's path is wrestling and control time with some gnp, and that's a very real possibility here. I won't be at all surprised to see arman grind him out. I just feel like it's a tall order for him to do that for 25 minutes without getting cracked on the feet or giving his back up in the grappling.

Thought Tsarukyan would be put in with somebody ranked higher, but this is a great opportunity for him to win looking good.

I was really hoping for Hooker vs Moicano, but this isn’t bad.

Loving the Moicano confidence @fortheo , really hope that you're right.

Moicano's has 10 RNC's including his last 5 finishes, however Arman has never been submitted.
I do feel Arman has more ways to win, I wish it were 5 rounds.

I dont like this fight - these two are on different levels and career trajectories. Even Arman vs RDA would've been better.

Moicano is quite an interesting fighter. Hasn't won by KO, won many times via sub but solely thru RNC.
Very entertaining on the mic, though.
Find it hard to root against the guy but he's probably getting demolished by Tsarukyan,

Looks like Dana wasn't a fan of his speech. Arman is a bad matchup for him.

I would only favour Beneil and Islam over Arman currently. Maybe swap in Oliveria for Dariush if he looks good in that fight.

Disappointed for big money Moicano because I think he's good enough to get as high as 7 or 8th but he isn't beating these legit top 5 guys.

Tend to think Moicano gets controlled most of the fight, might get tko'ed on the ground. Not sure how the striking will look.

Back