• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Arman Tsarukyan vs Renato Moicano set for Apr. 29 (main-event)

Who wins?

• Total voters
Armen by murder.
Good fight though.

The ATT boys at Lightweight just can't catch a break lol. Still, when you have so many names in the rankings in a single division, it's bound to happen. Just glad to see teammates willing to fight each other rather than letting the division stagnate. Usually it's "No, he's a friend and training partner, I'd never."

A little wonky in terms of rankings and momentum because Arman is ranked considerably higher coming off a win... but I dunno what Damir is doing right now while all the guys above Arman are otherwise occupied or what have you.

From my understading Moicano is Gamrot's training partner who loses 90% of the time during sparring sessions.
Gamrot = Tsarukyan. So I don't see how Renato can win.

Makes sense. Chandler and Poirier are probably too busy to fight someone outside the top 5 unless Conor.

Brain says Moicano by sub. Heart says Armen by decision.

Arman is a bit short for Moicano,I don't see Arman controlling Moicano on ground as well.

This is a tough match up for both guys. I'm kind of liking moicano here, though. He's not going to just defensively wrestle the way most of these guys do against arman -- if he's taken down he's going to attack submissions in scrambles. He's also become quite a huge LW with a long striking game and he's shown good cardio.

Arman by GNP late round 3. Moicano is game, but if they are trying to build him up, this is not the fight to do it. Arman gave Islam his first hard fight in the UFC.

I find it hard to go against Arman vs almost anyone currently.
I think I'd actually pick him against anyone not named Islam Makhachev... That includes Gamrot.
He's just so young and athletic and good.

I love Moicano. After his last fight and post fight speech, it's hard to not be a fan. With that said, this is trash matchmaking in my opinion. Moicano does not deserve this step up in the rankings in my opinion. Tsaryukyan should be facing a top ranked guy and should be within 2 fights of a title shot. His only blemishes were a competitive fight against the champ and a narrow loss (which I thought he won) against Mateus Gamrot. This match up may have been made due to scheduling or availability, in which case it just seems lazy. The winner of Gaethje and Fiziev would've been better in my opinion. This isn't to say that I feel he's gonna steamroll Moicano -- Moicano isn't the easiest fight for Arman, stylistically. Moicano may have looked outmatched against RDA, but that was on very short notice. It should be an entertaining affair, but this is lazy matchmaking I feel.

Back