Media Arman Tsarukyan says Charles Oliviera Has Two HUGE Weaknesses in his Game that He'll Exploit

That is irrelevant to what I said. I never argued islam was looking for easy paths. I argued that he dismissed himself from fighting lightweights, and he has. Nothing you said argues against what I said.

I didn't say 18 months, I said 16 and am clearly referring to his last two fights. Also, see above.
Could have sworn you said 18 at first, but even with your specific timeframe of 16 months, from today it falls on October 6th, 2022 well within the timeline I presented. That just points to how silly this whole narrative you are trying to paint is, even with a cherry-picked timeframe your argument doesn't even stand up to minor scrutiny. Hell, even if you literally limit it to the Volk 1 fight it, falls apart because Volk was CHOSEN by the UFC for the next LW TS well before the Islam vs Charles fight, meaning neither Islam or Charles would have had a choice on the next opponent.

Literally your whole argument stands on the flimsy "evidence" that he is avoiding LWs because he said to Volk that he chose him over Gamrot for the short notice TS after Charles pulled out. That against a mountain of evidence that is his whole UFC career and THE VERY FACT THAT HE CHOSE TO SIGN TO FIGHT THE FORMER LW CHAMP IN THAT VERY MAIN EVENT lol

Alright, Sherbro, you can continue throwing chum to that Anti-Makhachev Circus Troupe that constantly show up with verbal diarrhea they call "posts" with this narrative but I have seen you make very good posts analyzing fights, discussing upcoming fighters and their strengths and potential career paths, a far cry from what that troupe of clowns post daily.

It is your choice though and your opinion. If there is evidence for what you allege, I will happily change my mind. If Makhachev fights only once this year, I will agree that he is inactive this year. If he signs up to fight someone like Max Holloway instead of Arman/Charles or Gaethje or BSD or whoever is available at LW, then I will agree that he is avoiding fighting LWs. No need for constructing flimsy narratives.

Could have sworn you said 18 at first, but even with your specific timeframe of 16 months, from today it falls on October 6th, 2022 well within the timeline I presented. That just points to how silly this whole narrative you are trying to paint is, even with a cherry-picked timeframe your argument doesn't even stand up to minor scrutiny. Hell, even if you literally limit it to the Volk 1 fight it, falls apart because Volk was CHOSEN by the UFC for the next LW TS well before the Islam vs Charles fight, meaning neither Islam or Charles would have had a choice on the next opponent.

Literally your whole argument stands on the flimsy "evidence" that he is avoiding LWs because he said to Volk that he chose him over Gamrot for the short notice TS after Charles pulled out. That against a mountain of evidence that is his whole UFC career and THE VERY FACT THAT HE CHOSE TO SIGN TO FIGHT THE FORMER LW CHAMP IN THAT VERY MAIN EVENT lol

Alright, Sherbro, you can continue throwing chum to that Anti-Makhachev Circus Troupe that constantly show up with verbal diarrhea they call "posts" with this narrative but I have seen you make very good posts analyzing fights, discussing upcoming fighters and their strengths and potential career paths, a far cry from what that troupe of clowns post daily.

It is your choice though and your opinion. If there is evidence for what you allege, I will happily change my mind. If Makhachev fights only once this year, I will agree that he is inactive this year. If he signs up to fight someone like Max Holloway instead of Arman/Charles or Gaethje or BSD or whoever is available at LW, then I will agree that he is avoiding fighting LWs. No need for constructing flimsy narratives.

I specified Islam's last two fights to make the time frame easier for you to understand what I was talking about. It's not cherry picked -- it's his entire reign of defenses. And it is not "anti-makhachev" to point out that his last two fights were not against lightweights. Also, Please show me the official paper work of volk being officially chosen to fight the winner of Charles vs. islam before it even happened. I specifically remember volk being grateful for the call out because he thought he'd have to do all the work to make the fight happen, but he was glad that islam did it for him. Volk was specifically worried about the fight not happening if Islam did win. Islam wanted the title of P4P number one, that's why he made the call out -- not because he was being pressured into it by the UFC as far as I know. If you have some inner knowledge of what happened at those fighter meetings, I'd love to see it. What I do know for sure is islam flat out called volk out....twice.

Regardless, I don't care about the reasons or excuses as to why Islam fought volk twice. His last two fights weren't against Lightweights, and he seemingly had a hand at making both of those fights happen, most certainly the second one where he himself said he could have fought Gamrot or poirier instead. I wasn't agreeing with the poster who said Arman vs. charles should be for the belt, by the way; I was responding to someone else who was asking why someone would dismiss Islam, and I took a guess as to what that person's gripe with islam was, which isn't the same as me saying I agree with that person. I still very much see islam as the champ, but the fact remains that he hasn't fought a lightweight in his two defenses and it rubs some people the wrong way.

I also didn't even talk about islam's activity level here that I remember, although, in general I do feel like he should have a fight booked by now.

Last edited:
It's hard to gauge this fight due to how quickly and easily Arman finished Dariush in the latest fight. It suggests that Arman will be overrated in odds for his next bout, against Charles who is an absolute buzzsaw.

I still think Charles will catch him and get the ko early. Arman nearly got smoked by Joaquim, even on short notice, and that suggests he'll be too vulnerable.

I specified Islam's last two fights to make the time frame easier for you to understand what I was talking about. It's not cherry picked -- it's his entire reign of defenses. And it is not "anti-makhachev" to point out that his last two fights were not against lightweights. Also, Please show me the official paper work of volk being chosen to fight the winner of Charles vs. islam before it even happened. I specifically remember volk being grateful for the call out because he thought he'd have to do all the work to make the fight happen, but he was glad that islam did it for him. Volk was specifically worried about the fight not happening if Islam did win. Islam wanted the title of P4P number one, that's why he made the call out -- not because he was being pressured into it by the UFC as far as I know.
I don't think he was pressured to do it. I distinctly remember Dana and the UFC making it clear Volk was going for the 2nd belt regardless of who won. I will have to look into and see if there was actual official marketing for it or if it was just Dana and Volk talking about it being guaranteed.
Regardless, I don't care about the reasons or excuses as to why Islam fought volk twice. His last two fights weren't against Lightweights, and he seemingly had a hand at making both of those fights happen, most certainly the second one where he himself said he could have fought Gamrot or poirier instead. I wasn't agreeing with the poster who said Arman vs. charles should be for the belt, by the way; I was responding to someone else who was asking why someone would dismiss Islam, and I took a guess as to what that person's gripe with islam was, which isn't the same as me saying I agree with that person. I still very much see islam as the champ, but the fact remains that he hasn't fought a lightweight in his two defenses and it rubs some people the wrong way.
Who cares if it rubs people the wrong way? The point remains, he signed up to fight the former LW champ for the TS that did not have a pre-chosen opponent, i.e Volk, in the two fights you are highlighting.
I also didn't even talk about islam's activity level here that I remember, although, in general I do feel like he should have a fight booked by now.
You didn't. I am just demonstrating that evidence will change my mind, I'm not ideologically motivated to like Makh (or hate him as a matter of fact).

It's hard to gauge this fight due to how quickly and easily Arman finished Dariush in the latest fight. It suggests that Arman will be overrated in odds for his next bout, against Charles who is an absolute buzzsaw.

I still think Charles will catch him and get the ko early. Arman nearly got smoked by Joaquim, even on short notice, and that suggests he'll be too vulnerable.
IMO its a bad idea to attempt to bull rush Charles in the same way he does others. He is clearly much better than any other fighter when it comes to offense with forward momentum. I think if Arman tries it, he gets finished.

He will need a careful and methodical approach. Even if he is the better wrestler/grappler, he will be in danger on the ground because of Charles' elite ground game (both off his back and otherwise).

If he gets Charles on the ground, he needs to slowly work position and try to wear him down. Then as the fight goes on, he can open up on the ground with GnP.

I don't think he was pressured to do it. I distinctly remember Dana and the UFC making it clear Volk was going for the 2nd belt regardless of who won. I will have to look into and see if there was actual official marketing for it or if it was just Dana and Volk talking about it being guaranteed.

Who cares if it rubs people the wrong way? The point remains, he signed up to fight the former LW champ for the TS that did not have a pre-chosen opponent, i.e Volk, in the two fights you are highlighting.

You didn't. I am just demonstrating that evidence will change my mind, I'm not ideologically motivated to like Makh (or hate him as a matter of fact).

I never said he didnt sign up to fight the former LW champ, so, I don't know what the issue is here?

IMO its a bad idea to attempt to bull rush Charles in the same way he does others. He is clearly much better than any other fighter when it comes to offense with forward momentum. I think if Arman tries it, he gets finished.

He will need a careful and methodical approach. Even if he is the better wrestler/grappler, he will be in danger on the ground because of Charles' elite ground game (both off his back and otherwise).

If he gets Charles on the ground, he needs to slowly work position and try to wear him down. Then as the fight goes on, he can open up on the ground with GnP.
It does feel like the best way to beat Charles is to take him down and wear him out. Sure, he's dangerous there, but he is still normally on the bottom in that scenario. In the standup, it's just so dangerous.

Hard to say. Arman is really tough though and he is going to make this interesting.

well, Arman has point

how about the reach Charles has on him?

thats a tough fight on paper. Fight day, it may be over R1.

If Charles shows up like he did vs Islam, he may lose as fast. If regular Charles shows up, I expect him to land and win via either TKO or sub

well, Arman has point

how about the reach Charles has on him?

thats a tough fight on paper. Fight day, it may be over R1.

If Charles shows up like he did vs Islam, he may lose as fast. If regular Charles shows up, I expect him to land and win via either TKO or sub
Good point. That reach is going to give Arman trouble if he tries to go toe to toe on the feet.

I don't think that Arman can do to Charles was Islam did mainly because they have different styles. Islam is cautious, methodical, and his bread and butter is counter-striking, using his length to keep fighters like Charles at bay, then using his clinch and grappling to control them when they make it inside.

I don't think Arman has the counter-striking or length to do that to Charles. Also, I don't know if Arman is as patient in top position as Makhachev, which could prove fatal if Olviera snatches a limb while Arman is going for wild GnP.

I never said he didnt sign up to fight the former LW champ, so, I don't know what the issue is here?
Saying:

it's probably because the guy you're referring to dismissed himself from facing lightweights for the past 16 months.

Claims a deliberate choice of Makhachev to avoid fighting LWs ("he dismissed himself"). The fact that he signed a contract for a full camp 5 round main event against the former LW champ who is at the moment the 2nd best LW twice within the timeframe you provided (Oct 6th, 2022 to Present) or once in the last 2 fights, soundly disproves that claim.

Unless "dismissed himself from facing lightweights" means something else?

Charles is really good but he does fold sometimes. That knockdown vs Islam looked to me like he "took a knee" in boxing terms

Saying:

Claims a deliberate choice of Makhachev to avoid fighting LWs ("he dismissed himself"). The fact that he signed a contract for a full camp 5 round main event against the former LW champ who is at the moment the 2nd best LW twice within the timeframe you provided (Oct 6th, 2022 to Present) or once in the last 2 fights, soundly disproves that claim.

Unless "dismissed himself from facing lightweights" means something else?

I don't know what you're not grasping here. When Charles pulled out, Islam quite literally, by his own words, chose volk, a featherweight instead of a available lightweights. He dismissed himself in that instance from fighting a lightweight.

This is fact.

Feel how you want about it, rationalize it with Islam tinted glasses all you want, but that is what happened.

Last edited:
I don't know what you're not grasping here. When Charles pulled out, Islam quite literally, by his own words, chose volk, a featherweight instead of a available lightweights. He dismissed himself in that instance from fighting a lightweight.
Cool, we are making some progress. We went from the last 16 months, to the last two fights, now to that instance. Yeah, I agree in that moment in time when he chose Volk, he chose to fight a non-LW. Congratulations, I am glad we can come to an agreement.
This is fact.

Feel how you want about it, rationalize it with Islam tinted glasses all you want, but that is what happened.
When Islam signed to fight Charles, do you think he knew Charles was going to pull out and Volk was going to be a short notice option?

Imagine the shock Makhachev was gonna get when he gets into the cage and realizes he is actually fighting a LW, the very scenario he was trying to avoid.
<JerryWWF>

Do you believe fighting #2 p4p Volk on short notice is an easier fight than Gamrot or Poirier? Especially considering Gamrot/Poirier might've had very bad weight cuts with hardly any time to cut weight?

The important thing is that he's fought at LW, and I'm sure most would agree took the harder fight when he chose Volk over Gamrot/Poirier.
Lol
Gamrot was literally the official backup, what make you think he would have a bad cut? Sorry, but that's a completely nonsense take

Almost everyone does.
It is pretty difficult.

Aside from PRIME Anderson Silva I can't think of many fighters that fight well or favorably going backwards.

Anyway, here to these two animals meeting in the middle and playing chicken until someone achieves a simulated death.

<RomeroSalute>
Cory sandhagen?

Good point. That reach is going to give Arman trouble if he tries to go toe to toe on the feet.

I don't think that Arman can do to Charles was Islam did mainly because they have different styles. Islam is cautious, methodical, and his bread and butter is counter-striking, using his length to keep fighters like Charles at bay, then using his clinch and grappling to control them when they make it inside.

I don't think Arman has the counter-striking or length to do that to Charles. Also, I don't know if Arman is as patient in top position as Makhachev, which could prove fatal if Olviera snatches a limb while Arman is going for wild GnP.
Yup, all good points

I believe this fight wont make the 3rd round. Arman is too confident and Charles wants the belt back. 2nd round finish. Id give it 60/40 Charles.

There are posts here that say, that the UFC 300 should be Izzy vs. Khamzat for the interim MW belt, because Dricus is injured/not ready. So why not say the same shit for LW? At least Charles and Arman can both travel and fight in the US.

And the fighter you are referring to is a.) not really active at the moment and b.) fights at AbuDhabiweight. 😉
There are also posts of fighters struggling to make weight on the scale, but certain people only focus on certain fighters because of "reasons."

Back