Media Arman Tsarukyan says Charles Oliviera Has Two HUGE Weaknesses in his Game that He'll Exploit

Didn’t he drop Chandler going backwards?

I'd accept that excuse if islam didnt flat out say "I could have chose Gamrot or poirier," when charles pulled out.

At the end of the day, regardless of excuses, he hasn't been fighting lightweights.

And there were plenty of other actual lightweights willing to step in. To be fair.

Gamrot, who flew out to be the official backup fighter and was livid he wasn’t given the opportunity, Poirier got the call and accepted the fight, Gaethje who had just beaten Poirier too.

I believe it was Islam himself that said he was given the choice of replacement and he picked Volk. The only non lightweight of the bunch, and somebody who had just come off a wrist surgery and had only recently started training again, and was visibly out of shape.

Now, not saying anything about Islam as a fighter or a talent, he's phenomenal, but it isn't wrong to say he dismissed himself from facing lightweights for well over a year.
Fair points.

What does Arman think? That Charles is just gonna let him kick him in the head with his left leg? Lol

it's probably because the guy you're referring to dismissed himself from facing lightweights for the past 16 months.
In the past 18 months, Makhachev has:

- Signed to fight LW Champ and P4P #3 Charles Oliviera and finished him in under 2 rounds.

- Signed to fight the UFC-chosen fighter the #1 P4P FW Champ who was going to be next whether Charles or Islam won. Makh won a close 5 round decision against a generational talent in an instant classic.

- Signed to fight former LW Champ Charles Oliviera and made it to the fight while Charles got injured. Instead fought FW Champ Volk on short notice and won by first round stoppage.

So in the time period you chose, he signed up to fight the 2nd best LW twice and the only fight that he signed against a non-LW was because the UFC had already chosen him for the next TS.

If you look at Makhachevs whole UFC record, only one opponent has been a non-LW.

Sorry Sherbro, the overwhelming evidence doesnt agree with you.

And also, even if this were true, how does this support that clown's argument that Charles and Arman are the best LWs lmao

Islam beat them both. Sure, Arman was young and a second fight will definitely give us a better idea of his current skill, but Islam just finished Oliviera a few fights ago.

That's a wild take just dismissing the #1 p4p fighter that absolutely smoked Charles like that lol
There are posts here that say, that the UFC 300 should be Izzy vs. Khamzat for the interim MW belt, because Dricus is injured/not ready. So why not say the same shit for LW? At least Charles and Arman can both travel and fight in the US.

And the fighter you are referring to is a.) not really active at the moment and b.) fights at AbuDhabiweight. 😉

- Signed to fight LW Champ and P4P #3 Charles Oliviera and finished him in under 2 rounds.

- Signed to fight the UFC-chosen fighter the #1 P4P FW Champ who was going to be next whether Charles or Islam won. Makh won a close 5 round decision against a generational talent in an instant classic.

- Signed to fight former LW Champ Charles Oliviera and made it to the fight while Charles got injured. Instead fought FW Champ Volk on short notice and won by first round stoppage.

So in the time period you chose, he signed up to fight the 2nd best LW twice and the only fight that he signed against a non-LW was because the UFC had already chosen him for the next TS.

If you look at Makhachevs whole UFC record, only one opponent has been a non-LW.

And also, even if this were true, how does this support that clown's argument that Charles and Arman are the best LWs lmao

Islam beat them both. Sure, Arman was young and a second fight will definitely give us a better idea of his current skill, but Islam just finished Oliviera a few fights ago.

Islam ended the two active longest winning streaks in a span of under 4 months and Sherdoggers constantly coming up with narratives to discount him. Remember how we were told that he didn’t deserve a title shot before Charles and needed to fight Beneil to prove himself? It’s like people on here need a fighter to win 30 straight fights to prove himself. If you’re too dumb to connect the dots before that then maybe you should talk less on here.

I'd accept that excuse if islam didnt flat out say "I could have chose Gamrot or poirier," when charles pulled out.

At the end of the day, regardless of excuses, he hasn't been fighting lightweights.
Do you believe fighting #2 p4p Volk on short notice is an easier fight than Gamrot or Poirier? Especially considering Gamrot/Poirier might've had very bad weight cuts with hardly any time to cut weight?

The important thing is that he's fought at LW, and I'm sure most would agree took the harder fight when he chose Volk over Gamrot/Poirier.

Last edited:

No, just the best and greatest featherweight of all time

Tsarukyan is a -200 favorite. Kinda surprising. This is going to be a great 2 round fight.

Islam ended the two active longest winning streaks in a span of under 4 months and Sherdoggers constantly coming up with narratives to discount him. Remember how we were told that he didn’t deserve a title shot before Charles and needed to fight Beneil to prove himself? It’s like people on here need a fighter to win 30 straight fights to prove himself. If you’re too dumb to connect the dots before that then maybe you should talk less on here.

Let's not forget people bring up the fact makhachev got KTFO'd by a nobody

kcB6ND.gif

Do you believe fighting #2 p4p Volk on short notice is an easier fight than Gamrot or Poirier? Especially considering Gamrot/Poirier might've had very bad weight cuts with hardly any time to cut weight?

The important thing is that he's fought at LW, and I'm sure most would agree took the harder fight when he chose Volk over Gamrot/Poirier.

That is irrelevant to what I said. I never argued islam was looking for easy paths. I argued that he dismissed himself from fighting lightweights, and he has. Nothing you said argues against what I said.

I didn't say 18 months, I said 16 and am clearly referring to his last two fights. Also, see above.

Last edited:
Arman also struggles fighting backwards. It will be interesting to see who succumbs and takes the first backwards steps.
Almost everyone does.
It is pretty difficult.

Aside from PRIME Anderson Silva I can't think of many fighters that fight well or favorably going backwards.

Anyway, here to these two animals meeting in the middle and playing chicken until someone achieves a simulated death.

<RomeroSalute>

Was Conor a lightweight when khabib beat him?

Wow, the mental gymnastics are astounding here. You literally just said volk was the greatest featherweight of all time. We already agree that islam has been fighting festherweights in his past two fights. So what are you trying to argue now?

Back