Arlovskis last win via stoppage was in 2015

champbless2

Seraldo Babalu
Banned
Reaction score
Just wow

Atfter that crazy brawl when he finished Edmonds protegeTravis Browne in 2015

We have now for years and years EcoArlovski which is better for his health and record, he is at least putting some Ws together lately. He looked great last night, only a litle too hesitant.

He’s on the verge of the title shot. Just proves how pathetic and non existent the evolution and pipeline of talent coming into UFC is.

LHW is just as bad with Glover who has been fighting for 2 decades being the rightful title contender and frigging shogun a good run too

At least he is doing better than Antonio Silva who still doesn't want to hear about retirement even tho he is 0-5 in his last 5 MMA fights (4 of them by KO/TKO), 0-1 (loss by TKO) in BareKnuckle Boxing and 0-1 in Kickboxing (loss by KO/TKO).

But it is sad to see him win like this when he was known to be a KO machine.

Don't even know who won his fight last night. He's so boring and causes every fight to be a slow sparring. Went eat in 2nd round and didn't check results.

Last finish was right before USADA.....

Just wow

Atfter that crazy brawl when he finished Edmonds protegeTravis Browne in 2015

We have now for years and years EcoArlovski which is better for his health and record, he is at least putting some Ws together lately. He looked great last night, only a litle too hesitant.

He was finding that his chin was too much of a liability, so he altered his fight style to be a bit more safe and defensive to protect that. Which also means less offensive output and, when he does connect, less jumping in and swinging for the fences for the finish.

I'm sure he could have more KO wins on his record, but he'd also be out of the sport form more ugly KO losses, as well.

AA is in a fortunate position of knowing a game plan is to be in place with the combination of the degradation of the UFC heavies( as a whole ). Hes with the right people who will extend his career to a point he never thought. Once he fights one of top guys or an unknown who's able to separate him from consciousness- we'll see what happens.

Once UFC absorbed SFORCE and permeated the myriad of talent through its divisions, that was as good as it was ever going to be. Its frustrating watching so many of these cards. You can deliver a highlite ko and follow that up with some timely banter and you have a shot a being in a co main on a fight night.

Dana throwing together an Israel - Jan fight (???) speaks volumes. A pandemic doesn't help things. I'd love to be a fly on the wall of Dana's mansion/ behind closed doors.

Arlovski was smart to adopt Overeem’s strategy, because both had a great offense but lousy chin and mobility.

I remember years ago when Nigel Benn was a huge KO artist with a glass jaw, but he began focusing more on his defense and surprisingly was able to handle damage much better.

Didn't realise how active Arlovski's been, 6 fights in the last 2 years, insane for a 40+ years old HW.

I don’t blame him. If he wasn’t, he would’ve faded into obscurity.

If he gets another shot, hopefully it’ll be his last before we read about him fighting on some fringe card making peanuts. He’s a big name with vast experience. He could easily be a highly sought after trainer.

He’s on the verge of the title shot. Just proves how pathetic and non existent the evolution and pipeline of talent coming into UFC is.

Bash the UFC all you want but please don't go full retard. AA is nowhere near "the verge of the title shot".

Bash the UFC all you want but please don't go full retard. AA is nowhere near "the verge of the title shot".
I do agree actually he’s not on the verge of one cause the division is ruled by the most inactive champion ever who is nearing forty and only has twenty whole career wins to show for it. By the time AA actually gets to fight him AA might be dead of natural aging process.

UFC these days gives title shots to guys coming off defeats and you think a guy about to get his third win a row can’t get a title shot?

Connor fighting at 170 doesn’t impact his rankings at 155 or title shot?

Next BMF title fight is between two guys coming off comprehensive defeats.

so please tell me who went full retard me or merit in the UFC?

I miss young, prime Arlovski. I don't know what was up with his chin back in those days. I believe prime Arlovski with a better chin would beat current Stipe and dominate the heavyweight division. He was so light on his feet back then and actually used combinations.

Arlovski was smart to adopt Overeem’s strategy, because both had a great offense but lousy chin and mobility.

Definitely two guys who evolved their styles to suit the weaknesses in their game, crazy that both men are nearing the end of the road but still in Title contention. Although I honestly think it’s important to point out the difference, Overeem is still an exciting fight to watch, he’s still finishing guys while Arlovski is happy to noncommittally dink and peck guys to the get to the score cards.

Definitely two guys who evolved their styles to suit the weaknesses in their game, crazy that both men are nearing the end of the road but still in Title contention. Although I honestly think it’s important to point out the difference, Overeem is still an exciting fight to watch, he’s still finishing guys while Arlovski is happy to noncommittally dink and peck guys to the get to the score cards.

I agree.

I do think Overeem is a little more multidimensional than Arlovski when it comes to striking and has a better ring IQ. He’s also aged better than Andrei imo.

I do agree actually he’s not on the verge of one cause the division is ruled by the most inactive champion ever who is nearing forty and only has twenty whole career wins to show for it. By the time AA actually gets to fight him AA might be dead of natural aging process.

UFC these days gives title shots to guys coming off defeats and you think a guy about to get his third win a row can’t get a title shot?

Connor fighting at 170 doesn’t impact his rankings at 155 or title shot?

Next BMF title fight is between two guys coming off comprehensive defeats.

so please tell me who went full retard me or merit in the UFC?

Regardless of how active the champion has been, Arlovski wouldn't be anywhere near a TS since he consistently lost to any contenders he has fought in recent years (Ngannou, Jairzinho...he couldn't even get past Tai Tuivasa ffs). So your point about Stipe is moot.

Everything else is besides the point, and I am not here to defend the UFC matchmaking. The BMF is a fantasy belt so they can do whatever they want with it as far as I am concerned.

I miss young, prime Arlovski. I don't know what was up with his chin back in those days. I believe prime Arlovski with a better chin would beat current Stipe and dominate the heavyweight division. He was so light on his feet back then and actually used combinations.

Arlovski back then had a blazing offense, but I never liked his footwork or head movement. He left himself open and Andrei is one of those guys when they get tagged, it’s over.

I bet he’s kicking himself now for not adopting a more balanced style when he was younger. No ones saying he has to be boring, but you have to pay attention to your weaknesses.

I agree.

I do think Overeem is a little more multidimensional than Arlovski when it comes to striking and has a better ring IQ. He’s also aged better than Andrei imo.
upload_2020-11-8_10-58-33.gifupload_2020-11-8_10-59-12.gif
It’s actually quite mind boggling how Reem has evolved over the years, LankyReem, HeavyReem, UbeReem, EnduroReem, and finally CleveReem
upload_2020-11-8_11-3-57.gif

Back