Arlovskis last win via stoppage was in 2015

Don't even know who won his fight last night. He's so boring and causes every fight to be a slow sparring. Went eat in 2nd round and didn't check results.

Lol same, except I clicked 1 second in to see the winner.

Arlovski hasn't much of a left hand, is chinny and 41.
No clue why his opponents find it so hard to make a proper game plan.

Lol same, except I clicked 1 second in to see the winner.

Arlovski hasn't much of a left hand, is chinny and 41.
No clue why his opponents find it so hard to make a proper game plan.
His defense has tightened up and his jab must have some shock in it. They all sit back with this 'too much respect' to stay in range. He landed a couple times last night and shook the mullet. 30 seconds of his fight is 15 minutes of repeat.

Arlovski back then had a blazing offense, but I never liked his footwork or head movement. He left himself open and Andrei is one of those guys when they get tagged, it’s over.

I bet he’s kicking himself now for not adopting a more balanced style when he was younger. No ones saying he has to be boring, but you have to pay attention to your weaknesses.
Yeah, I'm sure you have a more discerning eye than I do. I suspected such might be the case; that it wasn't that he had a horrible chin, but he just didn't utilize head movement to get out of the way of punches. Nice analysis.

He doesn’t finish fights anymore but his opponents clearly don’t enjoy being hit by him, otherwise they’d be walking him down and KOing him the way Sergei did.

Since his return he has only been stopped by the heaviest hitters/best strikers (and subbed by one of the best grapplers) in the division. Chins don’t magically regenerate over time, so he’s doing something right.

He’s on the verge of the title shot. Just proves how pathetic and non existent the evolution and pipeline of talent coming into UFC is.

LHW is just as bad with Glover who has been fighting for 2 decades being the rightful title contender and frigging shogun a good run too
Seems like every 4-5 years Shogun is good for a title run.. before losing a title eliminator

Definitely two guys who evolved their styles to suit the weaknesses in their game, crazy that both men are nearing the end of the road but still in Title contention. Although I honestly think it’s important to point out the difference, Overeem is still an exciting fight to watch, he’s still finishing guys while Arlovski is happy to noncommittally dink and peck guys to the get to the score cards.
the reasonable part of arlovskis brain is fear of another TBI. Thats hard to over come as often as its happened to him.

We gotta get Arlovski and Penn in the same bar, preferably on a late night.

We gotta get Arlovski and Penn in the same bar, preferably on a late night.
Why do you want to kill Penn?

Or are you saying a guy on a winning streak in the ufc HW division will be competitive versus a lw with no win in years! ?!

Back