Ariel Helwani Goes Full Woke

Lol he's loving every bit of it. Dude is just trolling. The nastier the trash talk is the beetter for Ariel.

Still the best reporter in MMA tho

lol, wasn't everyone here losing their shit for "your wife is a towel" and Conor calling Khabib backwards, now not liking that kind of trash talk is "Woke"

{<jordan}

While I'd be inclined to agree and expressed similar sentiments in a Thread earlier, It is kinda hard to justify censoring what Fighters say about each other given the Sport we're in.

They're going into a cage to give their opponent FAR worse than the emotions they feel when someone says something hurtful. They're going in there to take something from their opponent that they can't get back.

Are we talking about this:

"Family. Religion. Race. If we could just keep those three topics out of trash talk I think the fight game would be a little better."

What's "woke" about it, lol.

Seems reasonable engough.

On the next show.

" We have Jones calling in"

" Hey so Jones, how do you feel about Izzy using your dead mother to insult you? "

Also this.

As long as we can continue to make fun of jones for being a coke addict.

It's not real trash talk if it doesn't sting a little bit.

The beauty of this sport is that you can settle it in the cage.

If you takes those three topics away whats left?

Quoth Nick Diaz: "We fight in a cage, asshole."

This is the closest thing we have to watching two people fight to the death and we are worried about words.

Damn human decency is woke I didn’t know

Can you imagine how offended everyone would be if a gay white Scientologist turned up on the MMA scene and everyone mocked his culture and beliefs.

Back