Was the UFC better off with Ariel Helwani or is Nina Drama a better fit?

Corrado Soprano

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Was the UFC better off with Ariel Helwani as their main journalist or Nina Drama? Both are eye candy no doubt but Ariel was more of a hard edge reporter who asked tougher hitting questions and broke stories. Nina is able to get fighters comfortable and posts a lot of fun fluff pieces. Who do you prefer?

I think Nina is more a replacement for the Schmo family and they were the replacement for Ariel.

But Ariel survived being blackballed so its kinda a moot point. Hes still the number one journalist you just don't see him in the field for MMA hes doing interviews in his office or doing boxing stuff.

I'm starting to blame people like the Schmo and Nina less for their characters because as the UFC has become more WWE like thats just what the promotion is now. If we get rid of Nina another one will just spawn out of nowhere. The days of a normal person just asking a fighter questions about their fight are done.

Was the UFC better off with Ariel Helwani as their main journalist or Nina Drama? Both are eye candy no doubt but Ariel was more of a hard edge reporter who asked tougher hitting questions and broke stories. Nina is able to get fighters comfortable and posts a lot of fun fluff pieces. Who do you prefer?
Ariel was good for the time because he helped make the sport seem more legitimate by acting like an actual sports journalist.

Nina is really lame to me but as much as I don't care for her shtick she is perfect for the modern social media era.

The question is defective. We all know Ariel has his flaws, but he's actually a journalist who went to school for journalism, asks real questions, has real sources, and breaks real news. Nina is just a social media "influencer" who is nothing more than walking clickbait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back