Ariel Helwani firing shots at Greg Hardy

He thinks MMA fans don't know about Hardy's past.. no, we just don't care. If he's gonna scrutinize guys who made mistakes like that and never let them off the hook, why isnt he pressing Jones about the hit and run when he interviews him?

I think Hardy is unproven he may be a beast but with a 3-0 record over cans shouldnt put you on a main card. UFC has put a lot of effort and some money in Greg Hardy. Would be funny if he just loses his fight.

I do live in a bubble and I like my bubble. I only watch combat sports, mainly MMA. I respect other sports but I'm not sitting through them, they just don't excite me. I don't like Hardy from what I know of him but ultimately my energy is going other places.

This doesn't really bother me but it does remind me that Ariel is one of the most slap-able people I've ever seen

Stfu about it Helwani for god's sake. let the man have his 2nd chance. He was all over Punk when he got to the UFC with his non existent skills and 0-0 pro record now he is mad that a 3-0 fighter fights on the main card. Hardy is a beast just deal with it

575638f925b1f136015194.gif

I like Ariel and his content but for someone who is a huge MMA fan he is a giant pussy

I'm more concerned about the shocking number of domestic abusers with guns and badges.

Only old Jewish women who sit around and gossip think using the word "cringe" is a good idea.

If you are a 75 year old Jewish woman in Boca Raton, carry on. Otherwise, reassess your life choices.
It annoys me how people use "cringe" now. I think it means I'm getting old. Fuck.....

I'd love to punch ariel in the face.

Didn't watch the video and I've no idea who's the "us" he's referring to.

But that statement alone isn't wrong. Many MMA (especially UFC) fans do live in a bubble and aren't real sports fans.

Examples being:
- fans getting more excited over trash talk than watching the best fights
- fans gauging fighters' success via IG followers and paycheck rather than their performance in the arena
- fans thinking MMA fighters are more "elite" than other sports because they can fight "in the streets"
- fans getting more excited over fighters swinging blindly at each other with utterly zero defence than fighters grappling on the ground

It annoys me how people use "cringe" now. I think it means I'm getting old. Fuck.....

It does. It's just a word.

But I guess my version of how you feel about "cringe" is how I feel about people who say "triggered" instead of debating back because they know they have no actual argument

UFC caliber... lol

Like that means much anymore.

I believe it was because he was tardy to meetings and supposedly had a bad influence on younger players. Obviously the most biggest factor was that he wasn't playing that well though - which in pro sports is the most important factor. Why do you ask?

He graduated from the Albert Haynesworth School of Etiquette.

Half of me agrees that Hardy doesn't belong on the main card. The other half wonders why I give a shit if he's the second fight or the second to last fight. I'm going to watch the entire card regardless.

Me too. I know I'm getting old though ha ha. But the funny thing is that it was my old Jewish aunts that would use it all the time that originally made me hate it.

"Oh gawd Delores did you see Francine's outfit today. Total cringe."

Now we have so many people on this site using it and it makes me think every one of them is a giant p*ssy.

**Shrug**

Who gives a shit what Ariel says about MMA fans in an interview? I’m an MMA fan and I’m not losing sleep over it. Let’s say Ariel really thought that MMA fans are not fans of football, baseball, basketball, hockey etc. that only makes Ariel sound ignorant.

Just to save everyone the aggravation here is some advice: Don’t feed into how the media presents professional athletes personal lives. Not worth it.

I believe it was because he was tardy to meetings and supposedly had a bad influence on younger players. Obviously the most biggest factor was that he wasn't playing that well though - which in pro sports is the most important factor. Why do you ask?

He was playing well enough to be in the NFL, by normal standards. However, how well do you have to play for teams to deal with the baggage is the question. If he had double digit sacks his last year, he’d probably would be on a team.

Listen to this pompous and arrogant weasel.

We know what hardy did you fool, we're just not social justice warrior crybabies like you, idiot. It's not because we "live in a bubble" or we're not real "sports fans" like yourself.

When Dana gets this piece of shit weasel fired again it will be a great day for mma.

200.gif

Get the fuck out of here with your cucky, sjw, white knight, virtue signaling bullshit Ariel.

He got stood up for an interview and is now doing everything he can to get back at the guy.

Couldn't be any more unprofessional. What a joke of a reporter. Fuck your ego Ariel. Do your job.

Ridiculous

200.gif

This, Ariel flaunting his female tendencies for the world to see.
200.gif

Ariel is such a piece of shit instigator and wannabe. His whole schtick was based on Sherdog and other MMA message boards. If you look at the things he focused on and said the first few years, you can see how he just ripped off posters on Sherdog and passed it off as MMA journalism. His whole deal is just instigating and being a shit, basically.
gIr2Exi.jpg

200.gif

I'd love to punch ariel in the face.

200.gif

It's pretty obvious Ariel isn't a real mma fan. He never seems knowledgeable on the technical aspect of the sport or anything to do with it. He's just using it as a platform for his own career, and he'll be covering basketball soon without a doubt.

Back