Ariel Helwani firing shots at Greg Hardy

I'm with you. I think he will have great success as a UFC fighter, and honestly look forward to it, but that doesn't mean reporters aren't allowed to ask him about his previous issues. Being a good fighter and a good person aren't synonymous.
Agreed. To limit the scope of the narrative to "in the cage results" is naive to put it diplomatically. The unappealing sides of fighters belong in the discussion

Espn+ is all about virtue signalling, it's basically Sports with SJW commentators. Enjoy the shit show! And keep Colby far away, we're afraid he'll say some stupid close-to-racist shit and embarass the sport.

Let’s ignore the domestic violence issues and focus on his fighting. He still doesn’t deserve to Co-main this event due to being unproven and having no experience.

Greg Hardy had his second chance when he got signed by the Cowboys. He's fighting in the UFC isn't he? You might even consider that his 3rd chance. Just because he is currently employed doesn't mean he is immune to criticism for his past actions. If he can't stand the heat maybe he should have just gotten a job as a grocery bagger.
Then people like you would protest the grocery store for hiring him.

He has to work somewhere.

Then people like you would protest the grocery store for hiring him.

He has to work somewhere.
What? I'm not protesting the UFC for signing him... I said I look forward to him fighting, but just think he should have to handle questions asked about his past. I 100% support his right to fight in the UFC.

There's people in UFC who have done equal or worse things than Hardy, one of them is the 205lb champ right now, if you think this company gives a damn about anything beyond the ability to draw money, you're mistaken.

Now that UFC has an ESPN deal, can everyone fire Ariel Helwani from everything?

Listen, yeah, I understand that one really has nothing to do with the other, but just let me have this one dream ok?

Greg Hardy had his second chance when he got signed by the Cowboys. He's fighting in the UFC isn't he? You might even consider that his 3rd chance. Just because he is currently employed doesn't mean he is immune to criticism for his past actions. If he can't stand the heat maybe he should have just gotten a job as a grocery bagger.

It's not criticism (at least that I am concerned with), it's the outcries by certain groups that he should not have been signed by the UFC, and now that the UFC has signed him the same people are trying to determine when he fights.

What? I'm not protesting the UFC for signing him... I said I look forward to him fighting, but just think he should have to handle questions asked about his past.
He hasn't said anything about the pressure of being asked questions. You are inferring this.

He hasn't said anything about the pressure of being asked questions. You are inferring this.
Sorry, I guess I was thinking of the way Dana White has responded to questions about having Hardy on the roster. You are right that I've yet to hear Hardy himself comment on the type of questions he is asked. To be fair though, I ask you don't infer things about "people like me" based on one post on a website, at least give me a chance to explain myself, because I think I am very fair in my observation.

You don't bounce back from laying your hand on a woman.

Hardy looks sloppy & stiff as fuck. It's seems like he's being can fed in this bout but he'll lose sooner rather than later.

This is the fight game I give zero fucks what fighters do outside the octagon. Majority of the fans don't care just few snowflakes. Hardy needs to make a living too why they should not let him fight?

That might be the dumbest shit I've read in a long time. You don't give a fuck if fighters kill or maim other people outside of the ring? Really? You're a turd face.

It's pretty funny how many people shit on Jon Jones for his drug issues but will jump to the defence of a woman beater

Stfu about it Helwani for god's sake. let the man have his 2nd chance. He was all over Punk when he got to the UFC with his non existent skills and 0-0 pro record now he is mad that a 3-0 fighter fights on the main card. Hardy is a beast just deal with it

575638f925b1f136015194.gif

100% agree

Ariel is mad he got stood up for an interview and is getting back at the guy for it.

Incredibly childish and unprofessional. Absolute joke as a reporter.

Also, I don't use this word often but gtfoh with your cucky sjw white knight virtue signaling feelings

Ridiculous

Listen to this pompous and arrogant weasel.

We know what hardy did you fool, we're just not social justice warrior crybabies like you, idiot. It's not because we "live in a bubble" or we're not real "sports fans" like yourself.

When Dana gets this piece of shit weasel fired again it will be a great day for mma.

Back