Are you ok w 1-2 title defenses a year ?

GOATTroll

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
First off, don't bring up Cain taking years off I will give you dubs.

Because I am ok with it. The thing ppl don't get is fighter dont have a long shelf life.
It's gets boring when there's no champs.

3 or more fights a year is pushing it. These guys work hard and guess what, you
should only get a crack at the King/Queen once or twice a year.

UFC needs to do a better job promoting and testing prospects.
There should also be a minimum 5 Victories before title shot.

I will give you dubs.

oh-really-snape-harry-potter-gif.gif

If all 10 champs fight twice a year, im cool with it.

+ active contenders.

in an ideal world, i would love if every top level fighter could fight ever 102 days.

realistically, it's understandable to go 204 days between fights.

I am always disappointed when a high level fighter does not fight within 204 days, especially if it is for any reason other than injury.

cain takes years off.

Any less than 2 is pretty lame. Obviously if they are injured they are injured, but if they aren't they should be fighting ASAP. If they're healthy they should be fighting every 3-4 months

per division yeah why not, but any champ willing/able to do 3-4+ should get more respect

At least twice a year is ideal. More is a bonus but I wouldn't hold that against a fighter if they want to take holidays or take on other projects in between.

If they're injured, I still want to see at least 1 defense per calendar year or have the title vacated. Nobody should ever be on the sidelines for more than 12 months and keep their belt.

If they're sidelined longer, they can always give them the title shot when they get back.

I'm fine with champs fighting 1-2 a year or less if injured. I am also not an entitled 12 year old with no clue of how the real world works.

I think 2-3 is ideal. I think 2 should be the standard. if you take a full year or more without a fight, like Cain, you should be stripped.

At least twice. No longer than 5 months between fights would be ideal.

I've learned to live with it, but more often would be nice.

2 I am fine with, 3 would be great but may be too much to ask for

i'd prefer more. I think theres a trend in fighters getting the title and then deciding that they want to slow down a little. It makes sense for them trying to hold onto it as long as possible but its not fair to the fans and other fighters in the division.

I would like to see the UFC aim for 3 defences of each title a year. that's one defence every 4 months. So with a six week or so camp plus promoting responsibilities, fighters will still have like 6 months a year "off". (even though we know it's not really time off because they have lots of other stuff going on let alone hitting the gym every day)

Back