are you gonna change your PPV viewing habits for the Ronda Rousey fight?

Yeah I'm gunna watch the card one way or another, just not gunna pay for it. I have nothing against WMMA, but I have no interest in paying for a card thats main event is probably going to be over in 1 minute.

Lawler - Koschek. Looks like ill be watching it after all.

I really doubt it will be anything but a fad (like the random spikes in female boxing over the years). Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see WMMA (or female combat sports, periord) ever getting big.
For your latter sentence, it depends on how it develops, how it is advertised, and how it "reaches" to female (and male) audiences.

So far, women's MMA via Strikeforce has reached a lot of men, it has interested many females through media coverage. It's a good start, despite only really 3-6 quality fighters. Through this, we'll probably see the quality spike way high in the next 5 years,

Depending on how it develops and how it is marketed, it could be just (seen as) another weight class to most people (much like how women's tennis/volleyball is with men's tennis/volleyball), an inferior sport entirely (women's basketball), or something of a different thing entirely with limited appeal (like women's soccer compared to men's soccer; in the Olympics and World Cup, it's huge; otherwise, it's largely ignored).

I'm not supporting it. Its such a joke of a fight. They should just make her a ring girl.

Yeah I'm gunna watch the card one way or another, just not gunna pay for it. I have nothing against WMMA, but I have no interest in paying for a card thats main event is probably going to be over in 1 minute.
My thinking exactly. It'd be hilarious if the fight was an epic war, like the female version of Shogun vs. Henderson. :icon_lol:

Last edited:
A good fight is a good fight but with WMMA I sometimes get distracted and hope they start kissing or clothing gets torn off. Will take a while to adjust.

Ronda is the least hot of all the hot women in sports. She is way behind Anna Kournikova, not in Jennie Finch's league, and even Danica makes her look like a man.

I know the thread is about batin' but a much more interesting subject is will WMMA have a meaningful impact on the growth of the sport?

I won't be wearing pants.

So it will be the same as normal.

The extreme lack of depth/talent in wmma. The UFC is the "major league" of mixed martial arts, thus I don't want to be forced to watch boring untalented fights in the UFC it will take up space on cards for actually exciting fights between 2 fighter with skill and talent.

I've watched a lot of wmma I don't have a problem with it, I have a problem with it in the UFC. It was fine in Strikeforce, Bellator, One FC, so on and so on...
So you should have no problem watching Ronda's next few title fights then. Maybe wmma 135 lcks depth but the top few are great fighters and always come to fight.

Its funny because Ronda is butch with no hips, boobs, and a deer tick under her squinty eyes!

Butch chicks are hot, and no hips means tight lips, boobs are so 90's, and her eyes aren't squinty she's high, and its not a deer tick its herpes most blonde chicks have them. War Ronda! I hope she shows us her striking skills.

Rather watch **** fighting, dog fights or some old Fedor highlight vids.

The extreme lack of depth/talent in wmma. The UFC is the "major league" of mixed martial arts, thus I don't want to be forced to watch boring untalented fights in the UFC it will take up space on cards for actually exciting fights between 2 fighter with skill and talent.

I've watched a lot of wmma I don't have a problem with it, I have a problem with it in the UFC. It was fine in Strikeforce, Bellator, One FC, so on and so on...

one could argue ufc 1 had a lack of talent and depth...

Yes, from watching to not watching.

Or well, at least not paying $60 of a headline that is Ronda being a 15-1 favorite over some girl I never heard of until the match up.

I really hope this card bombs. I'm none too excited about Ronda robbing 3 or so cards every year of a decent main event or co-main event if there is another title fight on it.

So much crying, her fight will last 30 seconds, who cares? Watch Hendo and Machida and go to sleep.

My problem with it is if it wasn't for Ronda Headlining this card, we'd get a really good main event or co main event instead.

Having her on the card is robbing us of having something like Rory vs Condit on the card as the Co-main after Hendo vs Machida.

I do not think they should make the Rousey fight the main event. The card is stacked, more fights being added today that should be awesome. I will still order the fights and watch them the same way I always do...both eyes open.

Now if the UFC starts making main events and adding a lot more chick fights to PPV cards replacing slots that should be filled, or could be filled with fighters we don't see enough as it is, then I may change my viewing habits.

I doubt the UFC loads the roster with a bunch of chicks. The only fight I think all of US care to see would be Rousey/Santos. And just what if Carmouche beats Rousey?

Back