are you gonna change your PPV viewing habits for the Ronda Rousey fight?

i don't understand the comparisons to other sports with women as proof that wmma is going to fold....when the other sports have been going on for years?

the newest of which is the wnba to my knowledge, and thats been going for 16 years.

Just because the womens version isnt as popular as the mens, doesnt mean its going to shrivel and die....obviously womens golf, tennis, wnba, etc are making money...or else they would have folded.

someone should email the sherdog staff and see if there has been an abnormal female member signup since all the rousey press started.

i don't understand the comparisons to other sports with women as proof that wmma is going to fold....when the other sports have been going on for years?

the newest of which is the wnba to my knowledge, and thats been going for 16 years.

Just because the womens version isnt as popular as the mens, doesnt mean its going to shrivel and die....obviously womens golf, tennis, wnba, etc are making money...or else they would have folded.

someone should email the sherdog staff and see if there has been an abnormal female member signup since all the rousey press started.

To be fair though...basketball is garbage to begin with.

MMA is a great sport, and people will be drawn to it through Ronda as time goes on.

As usual I'll probably watch it at a bar. Rousey headlining isn't swaying me either way, I'm more interested in other fights on the card. And at least overall this card looks like it will be better than some PPVs this year.

wmma will change my PPV ordering habits(not just Rousey) as any ppv featuring wmma will be a waste of money and I won't be ordering those cards...

You wouldn't even be interested in seeing Cyborg vs Rousey?

No changes. Rousey/Carmouche could be first, middle, on main event, and it don't matter. All the other fights still happen and are all watchable someway or another. These halfwits complaining are the same people complaining about every petty thing on every fuckin card. I won't go as far as to say they aren't fans, but they're definitely not people who appreciate the beauty of the Arts itself. So fuck em.

Yes. I might actually buy this one.

this. but my buddies house happens to be an awesome lesbian and her gal. They always comment on the dudes' physiques already. It'll be nice to join in this time

Well hopefully for your sake they get arouseyed and you will be able to join in more than just watching the fight :)

WNBA isn't the best example, they are down to 12 teams, 6 teams have folded. And with the NBA's support the league struggles to break even. Salaries are also limited between 35k-101k. (at least as of 2011 season).

There is money in LPGA, but it is small compared to the PGA:
2012 has 27 events for total prize money of $47 million.
Their number of events have decreased in recent years: 23 in 2011, 24 in 2010, 28 in 2009 and 34 in 2008.

Compared to the PGA
In 2012 45 official money events in 45 weeks, including three alternate events played the same week as a higher status tournament. Total prize money is $292 million.

Tennis' Grand Slam events pay equal to men & women.

After all that, fighting is much different. A lot of people freak out over women participating in wrestling, judo. Throw in striking and that number increases.

I could tolerate wmma on free tv. A wmma fight headlining a ufc ppv is a joke.

To be fair though...basketball is garbage to begin with.

MMA is a great sport, and people will be drawn to it through Ronda as time goes on.

You Canadian bastard, take that back :D

Seriously though...all I see are idiots hating on wmma day in and day out...but there's like 6 separate threads somehow dealing with Ronda or the event at all times. If there's no such thing as bad press, Rousey's raking good press the fuck in.

I could tolerate wmma on free tv. A wmma fight headlining a ufc ppv is a joke.

i didnt say anything about it being the main event on a ppv. my post was purely about the comparison to other womens sports....that are less popular than the mens, but still make money

i didnt say anything about it being the main event on a ppv. my post was purely about the comparison to other womens sports....that are less popular than the mens, but still make money

I wasn't disagreeing with you.

yes this is gonna be my first ppv buy
StrikeforceRondaRousey_crop_exact.jpg

wmma will change my PPV ordering habits(not just Rousey) as any ppv featuring wmma will be a waste of money and I won't be ordering those cards...

how many wmma fights have you watched? almost every wmma fight i've watched was way more interesting than watching gsp fight, yet he still gets huge drawing numbers and a fat salary. he jabbed koscheck's eye for 5 rounds for fuck's sake. i watched sarah kaufman rampage jackson slam some bitch unconcious. that was exciting. i didn't know either name beforehand but i know kaufman now.

honestly, women's striking is usually vastly sub-par, but the aggression is crazy. they always are exciting.

edit: to answer the OP. no it will not. i will read the play by play as usual because i am a brokeass white boy.

Last edited:
Gonna have to skip ordering this one and watch it later

Back