Are you always a quitter if you have a submission loss?

No, it means you got got. You think if people could tap out of being KO'd, they wouldnt? Lol.

Royce was willing to let Hughes break his arm and Big Nog did just that in the second Mir fight. It's really weird that these guys would let the ego get the better of them rather than admit they lost to a better fighter.
Well, on the flip side, it's their ego that drove them in fighting competitions so it's not that weird imho.

Only a quitter if you quit fighting and let someone sub you. Nate v Conor is a perfect example.

Only people that have never rolled in their lives think that.

So 99% of Sherdog.

Judo was my first grappling MA. For most people the first time you get osoto gari'd full force is the last time you show up for randori. I imagine for most Sherdoggers it would go exactly like that chubby reporter Ronda, a 135 lb woman, threw once and the dude just laid there crying.

We-got-a-badass-over-here.jpg

Wee bit different with Royce. He had Grandmaster watching who himself would rather let his arm break than admit defeat to possibly the finest grappler to ever live. No way was Royce going to tap to Matt.
I just think it's a little weird that guys who specialize in submission fighting would refuse to admit its effectiveness. And they're not doing their fans any favors by doing this.

Only people that have never rolled in their lives think that.

So 99% of Sherdog.

Exactly. After a few months of BJJ, you know when you're caught and not getting out of it. When I started BJJ it was really dangerous, because I refused to tap in certain spots. Luckily we had a beginners class and the instructors would stop it for me. And once you get choked unconscious for the first time, you learn your lesson.

If you're in a deep submission, you're fucked either way. Tap out, stay conscious, get a sub loss; don't tap, lose consciousness, get a technical sub loss. Alternatively, tap out, prevent joint damage, get a sub loss; don't tap out, get a limb dislocated or broken, get a technical sub loss.

lol because I've been thrown on my head more times than you've shitposted? I'm a lifelong martial artist son, it only seems like tough guy stuff if the closest you've ever come to it is playing EA UFC.

Actually aren't you the idiot calling GSP a duck? Why am I bothering.

lol because I've been thrown on my head more times than you've shitposted? I'm a lifelong martial artist son, it only seems like tough guy stuff if the closest you've ever come to it is playing EA UFC.

Actually aren't you the idiot calling GSP a duck? Why am I bothering.

id slap the shit out of you

More like your ground game and sub defense sucks.

Is this a desguised Conor bash thread? Lol.

I just think it's a little weird that guys who specialize in submission fighting would refuse to admit its effectiveness. And they're not doing their fans any favors by doing this.
The gracies seemed to get away with this pretty good. Its not like royce just refused to tap. He did what he could to minimize the damage and it did make hughes abandon the hold. If royler wasnt robbed against saku,saku eventually mightve tired and released the hold,or time mightve run out in the round. If his arm was gonna break it would have broke.

No, its when you lift your chin and let them sink it in is quitting

dumb thread. If you're stuck in say, a kimura or armbar why would you let the person break your arm or tear your shoulder? the fight stops and you lose at that point anyway + you have a long injury rehab process vs. just tapping and coming back to fight another day.

lol of course you're a quitter, if you submit. The exception is technical submissions, when the ref intervenes and stops the fight because you refused to quit.

Don't know why people are trying to argue differently, now if you want to argue whether or not quitting is cowardly or weak or anything else negative, do that. But don't act like submitting isn't quitting when it definitely is.

What’s wrong with tapping? 99% of you morons have never been to the point of being choked unconscious or had your elbow or arm at it’s breaking point. If you’re making 1000 to fight someone is that worth it to have your arm broken or possibly permanently damaged? No health benefits or anything? Yeaaaaa ok. I’ll tap in a heartbeat

Back